It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you think the dinosaurs really went "extinct"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hello all,

Orthodoxy has blamed the demise of the dinosaurs on every large meteorite, or asteroid fragment what ever was.

The truth is they went the way of all large extinctions, via Hapgood's shifting crust

bc
.\

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforebc
Hello all,

Orthodoxy has blamed the demise of the dinosaurs on every large meteorite, or asteroid fragment what ever was.

The truth is they went the way of all large extinctions, via Hapgood's shifting crust

bc
.\

Except there were no polar ice sheets 65mya

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
According to the Aliens Universe, (y'know the guys. Long heads, psychosexual phallic symbols designed to make men uncomfortable for reasons they don't consciously understand), Space Jockeys decided to terraform our world, dropped a load of Alien eggs, waited for a while, and presto no Dino's.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hello folk,

There are critics among us who attack material they have never read.

Best advice to them is to read the material .. or forever keep your peace.

bc
.\

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Some clearly survived there all around us we just call them birds

IMO they went extinct for a couple of reason with the KT impact being the straw that broke the camels back. A few million years leading up to the KT impact the dinosaurs and really all life on earth was in decline. I think climate changes, massive volcano's and massive droughts were to blame.

Something that seems to be happening now eh? >.>

Dinosaurs maybe not but pterodactyl have been reported.. dead and not so dead if you really feel like looking for them

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
As with all creatures.. they grow to form dominance then start to shrink while keeping a dominant force to keep up with deminishing resources >.> And thats my science phrase of the day!

(Im not dumb >.> I just act it dont critisize me on previous dumb posts ^_^)

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
the caption to this classic Far Side cartoon is "The real reasons dinosaurs went extinct."

extinctions happen constantly throughout earth's history. Some are "mass extinctions" of cool looking creatures, others mundane boring birds or insects.

I'm prety grateful I don't have to contend with this guy for dinner ;

giganatosaurus page

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Acoording to Al fGore is was either Global warming or ManBearPig.
Maybe Both.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm going to say this once, and not repost any defense of my beliefs because I couldn't contend with the number of attackers. At least, I think this is going to get attacked as it goes opposite to everything that I have gotten a chance to read so far. However I have been wrong before.

Most of the Dino's got wiped out by The Flood, and then the climactic changes took out some more. However, the few Dino's who wandered into a place that still contended with the previous climate survived which brings us to Monkele-Mebele, Kongamato, the Ropen, and all these Sea Serpents and Sea Monsters that we constantly run into in Cryptozoology.

The Inca Stones are real and do in fact depict natives interacting with Dinosaurs, because they did and(I suppose this is possible and I can't tell why they wouldn't given the opportunity) domesticated some of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Voidmaster i know your not going to defend this so i feel bad for posting this but there was no global flood, if there was it wouldnt just have wiped out dinos everything else would have gone the way of the dinosaurs (pun intended.)
Also if there was a flood i think the dinosuars had a higher chance of survival than anything else, which would drown a rat or a diplodacus with its head above water?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforebc
Hello folk,

There are critics among us who attack material they have never read.

And there are some who attack material they have read

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
I think there's some lies going around as to the dating of when the dinosaurs were around. I thought this before I heard that the Mayans told of humans and dinosaurs being contemporaries, and before I found out about the likes of oddities like the footprint of the human and the dinosaur apparently found together, and the figures of Acambaro.

What has come of the dimensional portals at Sedona? There was a book with photos that said to show dinosaurs.

Years ago there was a webpage online that was about the 'reptilians' that are mentioned in various conspiracies as having come here and wiped out the dinosaurs and took their planet off them, I haven't been able to track it down for years, so if anyone knows of such a thing could ya please link it here?

Oh my goodness! Firstly - the thought about the Mayans - here's the thing - I don't know a single Mayan, nor can I read Mayan, nor can anyone I know, personally. How do you know that the information you "heard" was not disinformation and fabrication?

2nd: dimensional portals at Sedona? I, personally, went there to see these vortex's and such. I swear, the only thing I saw there was a bunch of shops wanting me to get my psychic read. HOWEVER - the scenery was wonderful. But I think it was just that, land - scenery - as ageless as my backyard. Oh yeah, they have the BEST artsy shops! One of the shops make the museums around my area look bad! Just the shop was better than the local museums! FABULOUS! Oh yeah, and this one restaurant - you could have died after eating one of their vegan sandwiches and you would have not missed another thing! But the dimensional portals - I just didn't see them nor did I experience anything. I am very open minded too.

3rd: the reptilians that wiped out the dinosaurs - well, nevermind. I won't comment on that one.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If you go back to the MAP link posted earlier in this thread....

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

map

you'll see that all the landmass of the planet was located
in close proximity, in about 1/3 of the globes surface...
the remaining 2/3 was vast ocean (and no Atlantis land)

so, there were no modern era gulf stream currents or other such
water currents to mix up & freshen the ocean
or the growing seas between the landmasses.

the overpopulated & diverse dinosaur lifeforms basically were
polluting themselves into decline...
go to that island where Kimodo Dragons thrive today, & you'll
get an idea of the stagnant, putrified, environment of dinosaurs
in mircocosm...imagine that stench multiplied by million% and
you'll get the picture of life/living around 65MYA.

Now, top off the self perpetuated decline with any combination of
cosmic, geological, weather catastrophies & we have an onset of
a mass extinction sequence. check out the Gobi Desert finds
where hectacres of dinosaur nests & eggs were discovered
& most were abandoned only some were raided by scavangers
...that leads one to conclude that some dramatic event happend suddenly!

meteor impacts, volcanos, diseases from a cesspool biosphere,
all would contribute to the eventual demise of the long lived
dinosaur reign....
as the faster, agile, mammals took over the planet

well, that's what i think happened to dinosaurs, you didn't
ask for evidence or proof, just my subjective opinion of what happened
and thats it.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

I'm prety grateful I don't have to contend with this guy for dinner ;

giganatosaurus page

Yeah I dont think any mammals would have came down from the trees or out of the "saftey" of the night if we had monsters like that to contend with.

If they never got wiped out its likely this guy Troodon ancestors would be the talking on the internet right now
He was smarter then any mammals at the time, had good eye sight, was bipedal when mammals walked on all fours and even had a opposable finger long before any primates.

That guy was the wave of the future if not for a cruel twist of fate.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
Voidmaster i know your not going to defend this so i feel bad for posting this but there was no global flood, if there was it wouldnt just have wiped out dinos everything else would have gone the way of the dinosaurs (pun intended.)

Well, since there aren't that many other people attacking my statements, and I don't want alot of people doing so, let's continue this conversation via U2U.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well from what i know it seemed that dinosaurs went extinct because of a increase in volcanic eruptions. Including one massive erruption in india and the impact of a meteorite. I even heared that 2 meteorites could have hit the earth. I dont know where the 2nd one hit.

As large warm blooded creatures require more food than cold blooded creatures and small warm blooded creatures they starved to death. I dont know why the smal warm blooded non avian dinosaurs became extinct.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
An interesting thing to note, along those lines tomcat ha, is that the birds that did survive the cretaceous seemed to be shorebirds and water-birds. So perhaps the small non-avian dinosaurs died off along with the enantiornithine birds and most other organisms, not being protected by the shore and water environment.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why do people get so paranoid, 'the dinos lived with the Mayans but the government doesnt want you to know.' You might as well say that George Bush wrote the bible so people would think hes the antichrist.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
::I half heartedly believe the dinosaurs went extinct the same way human males will, the women will all become lesbians::

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the dinosaurs like what some others earlier mentioned went extinct due to various reasons and various species went extinct at difernt times as a result.

Nt long ago i seen a documentary that challenges the theory that the dinos all went extinct at the KT impact, more likely they found that the presence of a phenomenen like a SUPERVOLCANOE ( these volcanoes had power which would equal 1000 Mt st helens, one such was Mt Toba in Singapore ) had already trimmed animal populations it is speculated that one of these erupting could potentially drop world temperatures by 40 degrees sending the the planet into an inevitable Ice age crisis (the last ice age occurred shortly aftr the Mt Toba eruption lasting 1000 years)

Not only this but the ash spewed by this volcano would Blacken the Sky and it has been proved that a vast ash cloud was able to travel from Asia to America and appears in the fossilised rock b4 the KT evidence, the ensuing cloud of ash when breathed in was toxic and slowly killed any unfortunate animal to inhale it by shredding there lungs.

The dinos that survived that were subsequently finished off by KT

though it wouldnt b impossible 4 some dinosuars to live on theyd b hard pushed

this is what mnt toba looks like today it created a crater big enough a lake that stretches 52m across

img221.imageshack.us...

img221.imageshack.us...

theres some interesting geographical images at Nicaragua were there are two other prominent volcanoes which are in a similar looking st8 at the present day.

this info has been taken from prior knowledge and difernt websyts

google earth ppl

[edited to get images to display and links to work -nygdan]

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Nygdan]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join