It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Newton's equation for the force (in units of "Newtons") of gravity between two objects is:
F = G*m1*m2/d^2
m1 and m2 are masses (in kilograms) and d^2 is the distance (in meters) squared between the centers of the two objects (e.g. you and the center of the earth). G is a constant, the gravitational constant, which is 6.67*10^-11 when these units are used. Since this is a very small number, it means that gravity is a very weak force that you only really notice when there is a very large mass involved (like the earth or the moon).
So, we take our equation and plug and chug.
Mass of the Earth: 5.98 x 10^24 kg
Radius of the Earth: 6378 km
Mass of the moon: 7.34*10^22 kg
Radius of the moon: 1737.4 km
You: 63.5 (Say you weighed 140 pounds, your mass would be 63.5 kg)
The force of gravity between you and the earth is:
F = (6.67*10^-11) (5.95*10^24 kg)(63.5 kg)
F = 620 N
If I redo the equation for the moon, replacing the earth's mass and radius with that of the moon, I get:
F = 103 N
To: Col. E.E. Aldrin
1st of August, 2006.
Dear Mr. Aldrin,
I am part of a forum community on the internet called AboveTopSecret (ATS), which is the largest forum today for discussing current events, alternative ideas, research and conspiracy theories.
We were quite impressed with your input in the "Apollo 11: The Untold Story" documentary where you have discussed UFO sightings during an interview. It was actually this interview which gave us the courage to write you this letter and ask your attention for the following: a while back a research project was started on ATS called Secret Bases On the Moon Research (S.B.O.M.R), and we were wondering if you, as one of the few people who actually went to the Moon, would be willing to assist us by answering a few questions on this subject.
We would be greatly honored if you would consider helping us, because the (photographic) evidence we have at this moment is very much inconclusive.
1) During your mission(s) to the Moon, did you ever see or experienced anything unexpected while in orbit around Earth or Moon? If so, what?
2) While on the surface of the Moon, did you see anything which was not supposed to be there? If so please specify?
3) Were you ever asked by NASA to sign a non-disclosure agreement with regards to unsual phenomenon which may have occured on the Moon or in orbit?
4) During your Mission(s) did you ever shoot photographic material(s) which have never been shown to the general public? If so, can you please specify what subject(s) these material(s) contained?
5) Do you have such materials in your possession at this time, and would you be willing to share these materials with us?
6) To the best of your knowledge, was the dark side of the Moon ever explored, and what were the results?
To be completely honest with you, our ultimate goal is to create a full and accurate report, and present our findings to the world.
Your contribution would obviously be crucial in establishing and validating such report, which may even lead to a profound change in the understanding of questions regarding a subject which we so desperatly seek answers to. The subject ofcourse being the existence of life outside our Earth and proof thereof.
If you feel uncomfortable responding to these questions in writing, I would be more than happy to arrange alternative channels of communication like a SkyPe call (VOIP).
With sincerest regards,
Originally posted by Omega85
PS. Anx will be away for a little while allthough he is still part of this team ,
Originally posted by Omega85
Now about these directions, i think we should look at what we know about the moon and its component helium3, could this be part of some major reason why they are up there???-------------
Also my direction is helium3, u2u me yours and i will judge wich one we will take.