It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project S.B.O.M.R

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hey guys just wanted to throw a thought into the mix here (as if things werent already confusing enough sometimes) Up to this point we have been discussing why we think the government would want to hide these bases or for what purpose and for whom. To do this we have been discussing the moon as though everything we know about it is true. But, if these theories of ours are correct, or want to be considered as such, perhaps we should forget what we "think" we know of the moon. How can we be positive, for instance, what the gravity of the moon is. Perhaps it has the same amount of gravity as earth. I'm not suggesting this to be true by any means, but shouldn't we at least consider the possiblity that everything we have ever been told about the moon is what we have "needed" to be told? It is an interesting concept to me that perhaps we have been misled more subtley than we imagined. What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yes, they would have a reactor, at least as far as our understanding of the field goes at this point.

However reactors are very compact now, not much larger than a big closet. Depending on your electrical needs of course.

Semper

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nyk537 ,
Interesting theory ,
since we are all part of a team i think it would be wise to have a vote on this or we could just look at it from both sides of the mountain if u know what i mean.

Omega

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Moon characteristics

Well, gravity is measured by surface acceleration which is:

Earth: ~9.8 metres per second
Moon: ~1.6 metres per second

Divide the two and you will get 6:1, meaning gravity is 6 times less at the moon.

Related links here and here

Hard to conclude anything else I would say, unless Newton was wrong...

Proof:

Newton's equation for the force (in units of "Newtons") of gravity between two objects is:

F = G*m1*m2/d^2

m1 and m2 are masses (in kilograms) and d^2 is the distance (in meters) squared between the centers of the two objects (e.g. you and the center of the earth). G is a constant, the gravitational constant, which is 6.67*10^-11 when these units are used. Since this is a very small number, it means that gravity is a very weak force that you only really notice when there is a very large mass involved (like the earth or the moon).

So, we take our equation and plug and chug.

Mass of the Earth: 5.98 x 10^24 kg
Radius of the Earth: 6378 km
(from pds.jpl.nasa.gov...)
Mass of the moon: 7.34*10^22 kg
Radius of the moon: 1737.4 km
(from nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...)
You: 63.5 (Say you weighed 140 pounds, your mass would be 63.5 kg)

The force of gravity between you and the earth is:

F = (6.67*10^-11) (5.95*10^24 kg)(63.5 kg)
---------------------------------------
(6,378,000 m)^2

F = 620 N

If I redo the equation for the moon, replacing the earth's mass and radius with that of the moon, I get:

F = 103 N

Source

Again 6:1.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So what´s the battle plan? Do we need to set goals/deadlines?

Divide tasks? How does this work?

Just want to know how we can move forward to the ultimate goal of proving whether or not there are SBOM´s.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think we should take a systematic approach to this ,
what do u think??

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Most definitly.

Maybe start with a roll call and a short overview where we are at this moment?

I´ve read the thread and there is a lot of good photographic evidence here, but nothing conclusive, am I right?

I have a few ideas, I would love to get a shot at contacting Buzz Aldrin.

Something like a letter or email like this:

Draft

To: Col. E.E. Aldrin

1st of August, 2006.

Dear Mr. Aldrin,

I am part of a forum community on the internet called AboveTopSecret (ATS), which is the largest forum today for discussing current events, alternative ideas, research and conspiracy theories.

We were quite impressed with your input in the "Apollo 11: The Untold Story" documentary where you have discussed UFO sightings during an interview. It was actually this interview which gave us the courage to write you this letter and ask your attention for the following: a while back a research project was started on ATS called Secret Bases On the Moon Research (S.B.O.M.R), and we were wondering if you, as one of the few people who actually went to the Moon, would be willing to assist us by answering a few questions on this subject.

We would be greatly honored if you would consider helping us, because the (photographic) evidence we have at this moment is very much inconclusive.

Our questions:

1) During your mission(s) to the Moon, did you ever see or experienced anything unexpected while in orbit around Earth or Moon? If so, what?

2) While on the surface of the Moon, did you see anything which was not supposed to be there? If so please specify?

3) Were you ever asked by NASA to sign a non-disclosure agreement with regards to unsual phenomenon which may have occured on the Moon or in orbit?

4) During your Mission(s) did you ever shoot photographic material(s) which have never been shown to the general public? If so, can you please specify what subject(s) these material(s) contained?

5) Do you have such materials in your possession at this time, and would you be willing to share these materials with us?

6) To the best of your knowledge, was the dark side of the Moon ever explored, and what were the results?

To be completely honest with you, our ultimate goal is to create a full and accurate report, and present our findings to the world.

Your contribution would obviously be crucial in establishing and validating such report, which may even lead to a profound change in the understanding of questions regarding a subject which we so desperatly seek answers to. The subject ofcourse being the existence of life outside our Earth and proof thereof.

If you feel uncomfortable responding to these questions in writing, I would be more than happy to arrange alternative channels of communication like a SkyPe call (VOIP).

With sincerest regards,

"HardToGet"
Forum Member
abovetopsecret.com...

Would that violate T.O.S. in anyway?

If so I am more than happy to approach him on my own accord.

Other contact candidates:

Gordon Cooper (Already disclosed to Dr. Greer)
Edgar Mitchell (Idem)
Neil Armstrong

How say you?

[edit on 29-7-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
FANTASTIC Idea.

Any help I can be on this end, just hollar!!!

Semper

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yes, I think that the letter would be a great idea, as well! I do agree that we need to work on direction here. We can all study pictures all day long, but not get anywhere substantial with the array of blurry pictures we are "given" by our friends over at NASA. We need to find other outlets for information besides the pictures, though of course, the finds in the pictures are excellent, and gave me more reason to believe that things are not what they seem up there.

Letters and phone calls sound like the next best option to me. Trying to find those that we could get to talk and give interviews. The luck that we have on our side with this, is that we are doing research from a large site, so this is not some crackerjack forum where there is little credibility. I think we should work that for the benefit of the project. I know someone that worked with a company that is heavily involved in space technology, and I'll see if he can at least give me any leads. I haven't seen him since the storm, but hear that he's still around, so I'll have to track him. Just an idea. Also, do we all have a common time when we can be online maybe to have a discussion in one of the chat rooms all together to discuss our direction?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Roll Call Please...

Who is still active on this project?

I´ve counted in no particular order:

Omega85
Allred5923
anxietydisorder
niteboy82
semperfortis
HardToGet

Anyone else?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
yerp im here ,
for sure for sure.
It wouldnt be too good of me not to be here would it lol
so yes im here fluctuating between realms .

Omega

PS, Allred has abandoned the project therefor he will not be participating in it.
for the better i think, I will be monitering users on time in this forum and anyone not contibuting will have to have there status revoked these are the rules of maintaining scholar status.
ALSO for anyone who hasnt allready done so i would advise reading the top threads in the schollar forum they outline a great deal of infomation which all must know.

Omega

[edit on 30/7/2006 by Omega85]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I´ve U2U´d ADVISOR and asked if it would violate ATS TOS to send out a letter to third parties mentioning ATS...

Sorry to hear about Allred.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey great idea with the letter. I'm behind that 100 percent if we can do it. I am also still here in this project. I'm just kind of waiting for us to choose a direction to take. Not much going on lately. We will get going soon enough though, I'm sure of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hey Nyk! I just u2u'd ADVISOR about the letter, to make sure it is ok, because I think this is a great idea as well. Hard2Get is now a banned member, so I have no problem taking care of getting the letter out, and in fact if I get permission, I am going to be sending out many letters to different people, plus getting some interview questions premade in advance just in case we can snag one. I will post my interview questions later tonight and if any of you all have anything to add, let me know and of course I'll add them in. This would only be a template, but we should have some of the more pertinent questions prepared in advance.

I have ways of making people talk...
*begging*

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm still around.

Just give me an idea where I can help????

Semper

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Greetings all.

Niteboy my friend good to here u r workin at it pal

Now about these directions, i think we should look at what we know about the moon and its component helium3, could this be part of some major reason why they are up there???

As i mentioned before i think a prolific systematic approach to this wouold be the best way of workin on this subject because as we all know we cant just pluck the correct answer out of the sweet blue sky , allthough it would be good.

I want all members of this team to U2U me with there directive ideas about what we should research and then i will post what the section of research we will partake in will be , Dont worry if your directive isnt taken to first of as we will all be researching ALL of these proposed directives,
If this is ok with everyone on this team then start U2Uing me , if someone has some sort of dissagreement with this then please either U2u me about it or post it in the main forum so we can all disscuss it .

I think it is imperitive at this moment that we take the spanner out of the cogs and get this machine running ASAP.

But like i said just give some directions and then i will decide on one or go by majority vote on what to start with .

On another note

We may have a new team member joining us soon but we shall see, apon his joining we will welcome him into our group and respect this member as we respect each other.

I would like to thank evryone for staying true and commited to this project even though it is off to a slow start but soon enough this will be moving faster then anything, because at the moment i am so hungry to get this thing moving i could eat the crotch out of a low flying duck

Well thats all and blessed be my friends.

Also my direction is helium3, u2u me yours and i will judge wich one we will take. and remember if urs isnt chosen first dont worry we will get around to it and submit as much commitment to it as we do with all the other directives we take

THanks

Omega

PS. Anx will be away for a little while allthough he is still part of this team , and as we know Hardtoget is no longer active but none the less life goes on and so does this team in ats. blessed be all.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sent you a U2U

Where are we now???

Back off of vacation by the way...

Semper

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey Semper. I sent the letter to Buzz, and I am putting together my letters to send to some others (thank goodness for Saturdays). Just waiting for responses. I am sure the volume of emails that are recieved are high, I think we may want to send in snail mail as well, might get a better response, and then I can just scan them to .jpg to post. What do you all think? Also if there is a request for VoIP interviews from them, I don't have that set up and don't really know how, so maybe someone else could conduct that part of the interview if it comes up?

Welcome back from vacation, I hope it was enjoyable!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
THANKS!!!

Yes, I believe that "snailmail" will probably get a better response.

I am currently trying to obtain more pictures from "Clementine."

Just wondering where we were on this...

Semper

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
PS. Anx will be away for a little while allthough he is still part of this team ,

Sorry folks, it's been a very busy couple weeks, but I'm back for the rest of the month unless something comes up I haven't anticipated.
So for now, I'll try to get some work done on the project so as to move it forward.......

Originally posted by Omega85
Now about these directions, i think we should look at what we know about the moon and its component helium3, could this be part of some major reason why they are up there???-------------

Also my direction is helium3, u2u me yours and i will judge wich one we will take.

I would like to take an indepth look at helium 3, and it's possible uses for a Moon base such as a mining operation.
If this is the direction Omega85 wants the project to go I'll jump on this aspect and see what I can dig up. pun intended.........

Just let me know.

I do want to point out that I'm of the belief that the Moon is currently unoccupied by anyone from Earth due to the logistics of building and supplying a large scale mining operation. It would be very difficult for any nation to establish a base without the knowledge of other nations that have the ability to track launch vehicles and the tremendous resources required to set-up and maintain such a base in total secrecy.
I also feel that any nation with the ability to make such incredible advances would be bragging about their accomplishments unless this was a purely military project conducted by the American government for some undisclosed purpose.

More and more data is being collected about the Lunar surface by satallites orbiting the Moon, and more nations are sending probes in the near future. Any secrets will soon be disclosed as nations like Japan, India, the EU (Smart-1), and others start to image the surface of our nearest neighbour.

Any extraction of Helium-3 would require a strip-mining type of opperation of the surface regolith to process the H-3. This type of mining would require large areas of the surface to be stipped away and processed, and then the tailing would have to be dumped back on the surface somewhere. This would surely be visible from any orbiting satellite, if not from Earth based telescopes. unless done on the opposite side of the Moon that faces Earth)

Due to the amount of money being spent on the ITER in France, I can't concieve that an operational fusion reactor has been constructed under the Lunar surface unless an alien race built it.

Also to have a fusion reactor with helium-3 as the fuel you will also need deuterium to get the extra neutron for it to fuse with. As far as I know the Moon has no deuterium, so that would need to come from another source such as Earth.

I do intend to do a bit more research into this on my own, and if this is one area that other project members want to examine further I'll post my findings in our forum.

Let me know.
It's good to be back.
anxietydisorder.............

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join