It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Turkey??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Saw this on ufocasebook.com, looks like military to me, what does anyone else think.
Be nice..this is my first thread

www.ufocasebook.com/bursaturkey061706.html

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The quality is awful, but it looks like something using afterburners to take off. POSSIBLY a B-1 or something that sized. The USAF has base rights in Turkey, but I don't know if there are any bombers there right now though.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The Contrail behind it is a little menacing, but could just be time of day that makes it lok out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
An afterburning engine produces a LOT of heat. If the conditions are right it's going to leave a huge contrail like that. Here are some pics of older planes using water injection to take off.

THAT looks menacing. This is just an afterburning engine taking off under conditions that are right to leave a contrail. A contrail is just a contrail really.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PittsburghMike
The Contrail behind it is a little menacing, but could just be time of day that makes it lok out of the ordinary.

Menacing? If you mean in the light of what non-commercail aircraft has three turbines, then ya - I'de go with menacing, heh.

A B1 has 4 turbines. 2 each side by side, on the wing, so even if you factor in exhaust bleed, that would make 2 contrails.
F22 has 2.
Not sure of an F117, but I know it has 2 elongated exhaust "ports"
YF22 has 2.

OP needs to go recruit one of those Fly-boys fomr the aircraft forum to here, lol.

But I tell ya, when the page opened, my eyeballs saw a pickup truck in that first pic, go look, you'll see it now that it's in your head. Harry Potter's new wheels? heh.

NN

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
NoNik, I am a litle confused, do you think it is military or possibly something else? I am leaning toward military but would like to keep an open mind about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There are no three engined afterburning planes. However, contrails do strange things at times. There are pics of contrails out there that are from a 747, but are only two trails. I suspect it has to do with the slight angle that the camera was at, and the way the contrail was spreading. Two lines are blending together, and two are spreading, due to the angle, or winds. If you look at the pics from a distance, one line of the contrail seems thick and brighter than the other two.

(as far as the aviation forum guys, that's why I'm here.
)

[edit on 6/18/2006 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 6/18/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think there is obviously two after burners. Look at the 3rd bottom on the left, this shows two contrail the best I think. This is too blury to say whether or not its a plane. It could be one of those supposed EG&G nuclear propulsion craft though... wouldn't those leave an afterburn?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
They're spaced too far apart to only be two though. With small planes (read fighters) you want to put the engines as close to the centerline of the fuselage as you can for roll rate/center of gravity issues. You don't want to have the engines spaced that far apart, unless you have two that are between them, like the B-1 has.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It looks like some type of plane that clearly and obviously uses solid fuel

top topics

join