It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 19th is 6/6/6 in Julian Calendar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Tomorrow is 06/06/06 in the Julian calendar (we use the Gregorian nowadays). Could this be what the "day of the beast" was referring to? We used the Julian calendar from 45BC till the 20th century, while a lot of Orthodox church's still use this as their official dates.

en.wikipedia.org...

June 19th in the Gregorian Calendar is....June 6th in the Julian calendar. This seems to be quite significant because 6/6/6 came in a calendar that was introduced later...That means during the time of Jesus and all of the new testament was under this calendar.

www.guernsey.net... for a date converter if you don't believe me

Ram

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
okay - this is crazy.
Have you seen this thread - 19th - 23rd

We have debate over dates at the moment. Feel free to join the thread, we need that kinda information.. Good find.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by Ram]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
[edit on 18/6/06 by SteveR]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I get the feeling that something crucial is missing in the openings post. Can't "proof" it because it is a gut feel, but here goes an attempt.

It is true that at the time of writing the bible a different calender was being used. This is because it was during the times of the Roman Empire in which various emperors lend their name in order to give birth to additional months. Such as Emperor Augustus which became the month August. Now I don't know in which time periods those emperors formed these new months, whether it was before Christ or afterwards.

If it was before then the opening statement holds a bit more ground. If it was during/after then it holds no ground at all. Seeing there were 3-4 months added during the Roman Empire time frame it would then be a difference of more then just a few days.

From a theological point of view it is important to know which developments occured to cause changes and trace them back. You can't interpretate data correctly according to todays standards and thus you need to know the standards of then.

join