It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you trust tarot cards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Any one know good web sites for tarot stuff?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nope, I trust in God and give him the power He rightly deserves, not in some silly cards or other trinkets.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.facade.com
They have online tarot.

Unfortunately..they don't have G_d online. So Cearbhall's out of luck.

[Edited on 10-24-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
When I was young, I used to read tarot cards. I used to do readings for my friends. I had a few friends who went a little crazy and kept bugging me to do multiple readings every day.

I stopped doing it when I realized that while the readings were accurate, they weren�t actually helpful.

Tarot reveals past present and future. People that want readings are only interested in the future. This makes sense because we already know our past and present.

But the future isn�t carved in stone; it depends on the choices we make today, so all the Tarot can really do for you is remind you of things you already know about that will have an influence on your future.

When I realized that the people who were bugging me for readings everyday were people who wanted a different future but were unwilling to change the choices they make that create that future, I put the cards away and never took them out again.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I like your answer mycroft. I got my first deck (Rider-Waite) at the age of 14. My parents took me to the bookstore (Waldenbooks) and I was drawn to the paranormal section. They had books about UFO's, aliens, ghosts, wicca, cults, and the rest of the stuff ATS was built on. I bought the cards because my grandma used to do tarot reading for me with playing cards. They can give great insight, but there's one secret. It's not in the cards. They are just a focus.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't put any faith in tarot cards.

Here's what tarot is used for, IMO. Tarot is a distraction. Something fun to do, while waiting around for time to go by. It's something you can do, so that you have something to expect for the time that is coming; because as we all know, humans fear the unknown most of all. I think that it's just one of those harmless pastimes, as long as you don't let it rule your life.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Trust an inanimate object?

No, I could not bestow trust on such a thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Exactly, don't trust a simple card. My faith lies in God and God alone.

-wD

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I found the tarot to be creepy for some reason, the i ching and runes I've dabbled in and preffered but all three, if you do it on a regular basis, can become a little to accurate to be easily dismissed although I agree they're really just a focus. I don't do it anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why is it any time the Tarot is mentioned...people have to start invoking their chosen religious figure? You must believe something abou it if you instantly think of g_d.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I once had a Tarot and Palm reading done. The cards had nothing to say that was even close to reality (past or future) but interestingly, the palm reading came very close to what had happened in my life. Still don't know about the future on that one, though.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have my own deck of tarot cards. I find them astonishingly accurate sometimes. However, I don't put my full faith in them. I think it's considered as a accurate way to read the future and stuff because the cards are so generic. You can interpret them a thosand different ways. everyone has their interpretation, so it works for them. People assume that the cards are always right, so they have to conform their own thoughts and ideas to teh cards, instead of the other way around.

Personally, I think the cards shouldn't de counted on to give answers, but it sure can reveal alot about yourself.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
they seem to be more of a guide. And, yes, nothing is set in stone. The readings can be very specific, but whether it is a supernatural thing, or natural ESP on the part of the reader, it's hard to say. Good post

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The Rider-Waite was my first deck too. I built up a collection of a half-dozen or so, some beautiful works of art, but I only really had a "feel" for that first deck. I still have it somewhere.

It's not completely true that I never took them out again. I did a few years back for a holloween party and gave free readings for the guests. That event spooked a few people, one left early because of it.

I agree that they are very accurate, but I also agree with Loki. It's better to put your time and energy into making your future than to try to see it in advance

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I believe the tarot makes you face the road you are heading, and if you don't like it, it advises you change it.

top topics

join