It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dizziness that wont go away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey guys, ive been having a problem with dizziness for probably around 3-4 monthes now..and it doesnt seem to be going away. It started towards the end of my spring samester after finals. I had not been eating or sleeping regularly and really felt like crap. After my last final which was a very difficult and demanding project in my major field of study, i started getting bouts of dizziness that would last for maybe 1 min or less..then would go away. At first they happened just anywhere and were pretty bad, but now it seems to happen only when i lay down after standing or sitting for a while or tilt my head back like in a chair. If anyone has any ideas of how i can fix this or how i should remedy it i would be very appreciateive.

ps. if you need more info in order to give me good information, ie better discriptions of the symptoms etc let me know and ill post more details.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First suggestion is to increase your water intake. I have problems with dizziness when I get focused on tasks and don't drink enough. If you're relying on coffee, tea, or soft drinks, you may not be getting enough simple H2O.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks MrPenney, i hadnt thought of that..i think you might be party right because i dont drink water as much as i should. However i do still drink water, i drink energy drinks every now and then also and i have been drinking a lot of those lately. The dizziness does seem to get better when i work on keeping my eating and drinking habbits in order, however, it never fully goes away. Sometimes it gets to the point where i think im over it, but it always returns. Im really into weight lifting and it seems that the time when i most notice it is when i am doing the incline bench press. When i lay down on the bench and look up at the bar i have to wait about 30 secs or 1 min before i actually start because the room is spinning. and it has been over 2 months. I am just worried that this will turn into a chronic illness and i really do not want that. I did some research into what it might be and i came up with Benign positional vertigo, what do you think?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hypotension?

As MrPenny suggested, more water is never a bad idea. Dehydration or insufficient fluid intake can cause dizziness, among other things.

However, there could be other reasons for the dizziness, and since it has been affecting you for so long, I recommend contacting your doctor about it.

In matters of health, safe is always better than sorry.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
sometimes problems with your inner ear can cause dizziness (vertigo). Then again having a low red blood count (anemia) can cause this as well. I'm not a doctor, but I work in the healthcare field and would suggest that you see your doctor, especially if the symptoms have been the 3-4 months like you said. Not to scare you, but if it something serious, the sooner its diagnosed the better. Good luck, and please see your doctor!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
sounds like low blood sugar to me. It used to happen to me when I wouldn't eat for a while, then stress my body or mind. Once I fell flat on my face at work because I hadn't eaten a solid meal in days. Just remember to eat regularly, and healthily and the dizzies should go away.

new topics

top topics

join