It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mmm... Slayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So last night, i got to see Slayer live, for the first time EVER!

They put on quite a killer set. A little short and some gems were missing (what the heck is up with not playing altar of sacrifice/jesus saves?!)

They opened with the first 2 tracks off South of Heaven (South of Heaven and Silent Scream), which was greatly appreciated by myself and well, everyone. Then they went into the classics War Ensemble followed by Blood Red (not one of my favs, but it rocked none the less).

Slayer was also showing off some new material, if only one song (Cult). I kind of wished i could have heard more, but that's life. The crowd seemed to react well to this new material, so with any luck the new record will be some good stuff.

After Cult, they went into a steady stream of their "lesser" hits (by this i mean the songs that maybe a fringe slayer fan may not really know or be into... yet), which included
isciple, Mandatory Suicide, Seasons in the Abyss, Chemical Warfare, Dead Skin Mask.

Then they smacked us all upside the head with a brutal run through Raining Blood. There seemed to be some minor technical difficulties with the vocal mics at the start of this song, but the audience was more than happy to fill in till the 2nd verse when the issue was resolved. Slayer then broke into Hell Awaits, followed by The Antichrist... and to end the night? Angel of Death. As if they weren't going to play THAT!

All in all, a great show. 4 out of 5 stars.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by negativenihil]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
After Cult, they went into a steady stream of their "lesser" hits (by this i mean the songs that maybe a fringe slayer fan may not really know or be into... yet), which included
isciple, Mandatory Suicide, Seasons in the Abyss, Chemical Warfare, Dead Skin Mask.

I wouldn't class myself as a HUGE Slayer fan, but when I started getting into their music, those songs were most of what I heard first, aswell as, Angel of Death, Raining Blood, etc.

Sounds like they put on a good show, I would love to see them live.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
WOOOHOO SLAYER!!!

iam going to slayer Nov.5 , and i cant feckin wait!!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I wouldn't class myself as a HUGE Slayer fan, but when I started getting into their music, those songs were most of what I heard first, aswell as, Angel of Death, Raining Blood, etc.

Sounds like they put on a good show, I would love to see them live.

I hear ya! It's just usually when i speak with people who arent as big of a Slayer fan as I am, they tend to know songs like Angel of Death.

sounds like you had a proper introduction to Slayer though

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marto_Bagg

Killer! I hope you have a blast at the show!

Is the Unholy Alliance tour still going in November, or are you seeing them on a different tour?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Originally posted by Marto_Bagg

Killer! I hope you have a blast at the show!

Is the Unholy Alliance tour still going in November, or are you seeing them on a different tour?

Nope, iam going to unholy alliance in dublin i cant wait iam only going to for slayer really

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It looks like im going to to unholy alliance tour in october.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
was this on the unholy alliance tour? how did you like the other bands?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
was this on the unholy alliance tour? how did you like the other bands?

Yup, it was infact the Unholy Alliance tour.

I didn't catch most of the opening bands (mainly because i really dont care for them much). I ended up arriving as Lamb of God was ending thier set, and i must say, they got the crowd worked up. On thier 2nd to last song, the *entire* floor was one giant pit.

Certainly a sight to see

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
haha.. just put on my mp3 player and was playing Angel of Death when I say this as the top thread.

Gotta see this pic.. made me laugh..

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
Gotta see this pic.. made me laugh..

Bwahahah!!!! too cool!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I like Slayer's Reign In Blood album. But...other than that I don't see what the fuss is. There are much better Thrash Metal bands...and just Metal bands....in my personal opinion. No offense to anyone.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Mmm... Slayer

well, with a title like that, it's just beggin' to be clicked! i would love to see SLAYER live, that would totally rock!

and nice pic Creeping Jesus, that is classic! rock on!

new topics

top topics

join