It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOGLE crashing computer / 911 conspiracy cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is a little weird. I´m not shure if this is anything to be honest, but I need people to help me and check this out.

So I wanted to get the exact quote right from that man who owned WTC 7, the one where he says something like "...we decided to pull it..." in reference to why WTC 7 fell.

So I went to www.google.com, and in the search box i wrote, decided to pull it, and hit the search button. The two first results was on www.prisonplanet.com and www.infowars.com, not suprising. So I clicked the top link, my web-browser went white, and BAM! my hardisks-powered off and the computer reseted itself!

You can imagine my suprise, well, no biggie, the hardisks had been spinning for some hours, and I guessed they just malfunctioned or whatever. But I still thought it to be quite an amusing coincident.

Went to google again, redid the search, and clicked on the same link, DAMN! same thing again, both drives power-off and windows/computer crashing on me.

As I entered XP again I thought, well, lets try something different, redid the search, but choose link nr 3, something that wasn´t at all related to WTC7/911, and it worked like a charm. I hit the back button in the browser and clicked on link 2, which was infowars, and, yeah you guessed it right, it crashed again.

So, what I´d like is that a few people try this and see if they get the same results. Please keep in mind that as your computer might crash, its not very likely that something will break in your machine.
To be safe, close as many programs as you can beforehand, and save any unsaved files you might have open, I will not take any responsibility for whatever happens to anyones hardware or software.

Its scary if google actually censors sites in this manner... but it could just my computer thats being monitored or infected with some "world government flu"

Tuk

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think that it's just your computer that's messed up..

What browser are you using? Any other crash problems?

I tried this and my computer did'nt crash. (newest firefox)

Clicking links can't make your computer to boot (atleast i don't know how that could be possible, unless using VERY OLD Internet Explorer), there's just probably some flash animation or something in those pages that makes your computer to crash..
Try updating your browser and try again?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I´m using MSIE v6.0.2900, service pack 2. I did a clean reinstall 9 days ago, on 2 brand new SATA disks. Granted, I have had some issues with the explorer shell crashing (not rebooting windows, just explorer) - but this is happening cause of Divx and Xvid drivers that are uncompatible with SP2.

I don´t think that is related to this.

And I forgot to mention, I can enter both infowars.com and prisonplanet when typing the adress in the adress field. No crashing then... I also have a firewall installed, it should warn before any suspicous calls are made from/to the Internet connection.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dawnaj
I also have a firewall installed

Are you using a 3rd party firewall and XP native firewall?

NN

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
NoNik, as a matter of fact I had forgotten to turn off Microsofts firewall after installing Zonealarm. But it still crashes after I´ve turned it off. But, perhaps I should deactivate ZOnealarm as well!?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Oh well, thats one less conspiracy on this forum, I guess it was Zonealarm all along. I disabled it and both pages loaded without glitches. I guess it was too good to be true

thx for clearing this one up guys!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Do I win a prize? lol

Are you behind a router? Or relying soley on soft-firewalls?

Need something there to protect. Mind you, XP firewall is INBOUD ONLY !! It will not catch nor alert to outbound connections.

If I were you, being I consider XP firewall a bowl of jello, is disable it, re-install (or re-enable) ZA, BUT, start with everything in ZA options as NOT enabled. Then, one by one enable a facet of ZA, then test at that site. This will give you and idea of what on that site is causing ZA to crash the box.

Of the added saftey that ZA gives you above that of XP, the time it takes to do this will be it's own reward for your machine.

NN

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Just FYI - the clip you desire about "pulling" building 7 is here:

new topics

top topics

join