It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Aliens? Purposes of Research

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
try sleep meditation-I do it every night- As your lying there in bed just try to consciously follow the physical and psychological progression of wakefulness into sleep. You will probably not be successful the first time--keep at it. Eventually you'll start to have more control,you'll feel the different physiological and psychological (and natural!) steps you're body goes through to fall asleep. This will take a lot of practice but eventually you'll be able to maintain a degree of consciousness during sleep and dreaming-at this point the universe is your oyster!! Anything you'd like to understand better or recall or figure out can be achieved in ths state. Cultivating a feeling of weightlessness speeds everything up as does amplifying your bodily sense of your heartbeat--the tremendous fear you're feeling can be conquered through this as well-after you've achieved proficiency in the above practices (and only then!) try willing your body to die, let your body and mind go as if you were dying-actually experience a "giving away" of your life-actually let go like you will when you are lying on your death bed one day-after the very first time you have success with this act you will have no more fear of this creature you witnessed.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by neurocardiology]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
before i knew anyone else saw them i called them shadow ninjas, because i could only see them out of the corner of my eye, and by the time i turned my head they were gone. the mainstream term is "shadow people" from what i understand

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by markdman
before i knew anyone else saw them i called them shadow ninjas, because i could only see them out of the corner of my eye, and by the time i turned my head they were gone. the mainstream term is "shadow people" from what i understand

Thanks neurocardiology, I might try and pursue that. Any helpful links you might have?

markdman, I've done a small amount of research into shadow people and I'm pretty convinced this isnt the case. I have rarely witnessed a shadow move in the corner of my eye, while the shadow itself has never been of a fluid type. As discussed before the only time I've witnessed this 'entity' that made me aware was when it was in a solid, 3D form right infront of me.

I will not rule out the ideology though...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwomi
You are a lucky man today, God was on you side on this one my freind. I am currenty reading a book by Doctor Bud Hopkins about this issues--- the book is called SIGHT UN SEEN! talks about Shadow aliens.

Sorry to re-iterate but can you clarify why I'm lucky?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, not alarm bells, but your thread title certainly caught my eye!

I have had a very intense experience with what i describe as shadow creature, but, I too have been dissatisfied with the current material regarding them.
The shadow in the corner of the eye that is gone before you turn your head, well that happens to me all the time, but this, well, this was another thing all together.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough character limit to post the story here, but I have posted it elswhere on the web and linked to it in another thread, a seemingly dead thread it would seem as there have been no new posts to it since mine, ah well.
For the sake of expediency I have uploaded the story as a TXT file here...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

You can also view the story on mj12, if you so wish, here...

www.mj12.com...

What caught my attention is that you described it as a shadow 'alien', It is clear to me that although I have no firm idea of what I experienced, there are many parallels with alien abduction accounts, although, to be fair, it also has some hallmarks of an OOBE and parasomnia, but, I have been an insomniac for many years (20 of my 28) so I am intimately acquainted with my own sleeping/waking/transitional states so I am not convinced that parasomnia is an adequate explanation for what i experienced.
Interesting to note that most people seem to have a massive dread or terror of this kind of experience, whereas I, on the other hand, was simply curious. In fact, I would very much like to see them again, even though I have been warned that "death came for me that night"
and that I was lucky to escape with my life, when you read the account you will see how ridiculous that sounds, they didn't have to put me back!

One more thing of note, and this really gave me the heeby-jeebies, look at our signatures, how creepy is that?

Q

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEQUANTUMSHAMAN
Well, not alarm bells, but your thread title certainly caught my eye!

I have had a very intense experience with what i describe as shadow creature, but, I too have been dissatisfied with the current material regarding them.
The shadow in the corner of the eye that is gone before you turn your head, well that happens to me all the time, but this, well, this was another thing all together.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough character limit to post the story here, but I have posted it elswhere on the web and linked to it in another thread, a seemingly dead thread it would seem as there have been no new posts to it since mine, ah well.
For the sake of expediency I have uploaded the story as a TXT file here...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Thankyou Quantumshaman, I will go over your experience soon and see if there are any similarities between both mine and yours. Like I've stated before I'm 100% positive this entity I witnessed wasnt a 'shadow creature', none the less paranormal. Either the figure I witnessed was a human and the subsequent coincidences and irregularities in my life are just 'normal'. Or, alternatively, it was of extra-terrestial origin.

What caught my attention is that you described it as a shadow 'alien', It is clear to me that although I have no firm idea of what I experienced, there are many parallels with alien abduction accounts, although, to be fair, it also has some hallmarks of an OOBE and parasomnia, but, I have been an insomniac for many years (20 of my 28) so I am intimately acquainted with my own sleeping/waking/transitional states so I am not convinced that parasomnia is an adequate explanation for what i experienced.

Thats the thing. Even if an experience is of a paranormal or OOBE nature, that doesnt neccessarily rule it out of being extra-terrestrial. Who knows how ET contacts human society.(If one presumes ET exists!)

Interesting to note that most people seem to have a massive dread or terror of this kind of experience, whereas I, on the other hand, was simply curious. In fact, I would very much like to see them again, even though I have been warned that "death came for me that night"
and that I was lucky to escape with my life, when you read the account you will see how ridiculous that sounds, they didn't have to put me back!

Could you explain as to why "death came for you that night"? A member recently responded on this thread telling me that "God was on my side" but has yet to get back to me. Of course our experiences are seperate and personal, but they may share similarities in peoples reactions and thoughts and feelings towards them.

Also, I'm intrigued as to how you were curious with your experience. I guess age has something to do with mine (I was 12 walking home with my brother late at night when I bumped into this entity). But eitherway, the experience was so profound that regardless of age I'd still be as extremely fearful if I was back in that situation again. However with age I like to think I've matured a bit!

One more thing of note, and this really gave me the heeby-jeebies, look at our signatures, how creepy is that?

Yes that is pretty weird. Perhaps our experiences have 'unplugged' us onto a similar wavelength

Eitherway I'll read through your experience fully and posts some comments up. Thanks for your time...

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've just visited GameFAQs paranormal/conspiracy forums(Totally ametuer morons there) and I saw about 5 reported sightings of the shadow-people things. Weird.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
some say think they are ghost, some think that it is death himself and some think they are aliens, but the interesting thing is that these shadow beings appear, stay there for a while and then sometimes disappear, there is normally no interaction or furthur actions on this beings part.

that doesn't sound like what most aliens would do, it feels more like a spirit. if its intentions are bad, you maybe in trouble. it is better to be a little cautious. I have heard some tales of people who got so frighten that they get heart attacks after seeing them.

bottom line is i dont think anybody knows what really are, somebody should start an investigation on them.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Could you explain as to why "death came for you that night"? A member recently responded on this thread telling me that "God was on my side" but has yet to get back to me. Of course our experiences are seperate and personal, but they may share similarities in peoples reactions and thoughts and feelings towards them.

Also, I'm intrigued as to how you were curious with your experience.

First of all, my apologies for the delay in my response, a bit of firewall trouble has kept me from logging in for a few days

Anyway, the 'death' thing, lol, yes, well...
I have talked with quite a few people about my experience and have had, shall we say, 'mixed results'

Some people have looked at me like I have a screw loose, I do, but that's beside the point, my screws haven't been fully tightened for many years now and this had never happened before!

Other peole have been a little more understanding and have the same opinion as I and others here, we don't really know what they are, we can only guess

On the other extreme, I have told several people who immediately claimed to know exactly what they are
,this has ranged from 'negative entities' which I don't buy, spirits from long past experiments with the ouija board that were not properly 'shut down' is another one, not sure about that either, why now? would be the pertinent question, especially considering that I have not used a ouija board for nearly a decade
Can't see that being it

And of course, there's 'death', after relating the experience to one online acquaintance I was told in no uncertain terms that "death came for you that night" and that I was lucky to be alive, also that it was this persons spiritual intervention that had saved me
, absolute tosh I say!
For a start, would death really be only three feet tall?
I think not!
Umm, who were the other two 'deaths'? and why were they so interested in my TV and bookcase?
Does death hire help these days?
"WANTED: ASSISTANT SOUL REAPER, LONG TERM CONTRACT, MINIMUM WAGE, DENTAL PLAN, COMPANY SCYTHE"

Well, as I said, they didn't have to put me back did they? I'm fairly certain that death would not be foiled by some remote control spirit intervention from a person I hardly knew! So, at a push, if I were forced to make a decision as to what they were, given all the available information, I would have to say some sort of non-terrestrial intelligence, whether that would be the kind in flying saucers whizzing about or maybe the kind that are not only 'not of this earth' but also not of this dimension, I could not possibly say.
This is why your calling them 'shadow aliens' piqued my interest, 'if the tinfoil hat fits'
so to speak. It's a good arguement for abduction in general that they were not the classic 'greys' and I have no memory of being 'probed', the fact that I had never seen nor heard of anything of this sort before experiencing it, argues against it being a construct of my imagination, there's nothing in my frame of reference to have sparked a dream/hallucination of this type, why not 'greys'? why not?
This is the overriding factor that tells me that it was real, not a dream, not a hallucination, the only question now is...
What did they want?
Hence the curiosity. You see, my brain runs on logical tangents like this all the time, at the time that it happened I had already run through all of these things before being zapped through the sofa so my only question then was 'what do they want?', in fact I was quite dissapointed to find myself back on the sofa without having had a conversation with them, I am still quite annoyed about it now, hence my wish to see them again, I am sure I will, when I am ready.

Q

top topics

<< 1   >>

join