It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Department wants RFID tags on everything but sand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
RFID policy and the corresponding RFID tagging/labeling of DoD materiel are applicable to all items except bulk commodities such as sand, gravel or liquids

www.theregister.co.uk...

Hmmm, this is pretty scary! They could track everything anyone buys! Is this the mark of the beast??

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Sounds like it to me, everyone knows the DoD are one hell of a beast!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If everything recieves an RFID tag, and u buy it with money...so what? Everyone has everything everywhere things get stolen etc, you wont be able to track everything or anything if everyone has things. It's ridiculous. All it's going to do is cause heaps more radio waves hitting our bodies

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is this just for crap thats sold to the DoD, or is this nation wide all civilian suppliers? It doesnt specify.

If the DoD required it to all items sold to them and them alone, thats one thing, thats thier right, but when were talking about products sold to the rest of the country, then theres a probelm.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
4 Federal and private prisons have all thier inmates tagged with RFID chips and trackers.
It is just a matter of time before there is a tag on you..

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
not to stand for themselves...
as a child of light i can see your side, but why take advantage of the "neutrals" in such a fashion?...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It mentions that this only applies to DoD supplies. I'm curious what the DoD wants to tag. Could they be hiding something if they say that they don't want "bulk commodities such as sand, gravel or liquids". Since the containers in carrying those items are relatively large, it's not that difficult to smuggle things here and there. Perhaps they want to show that they're not hiding anything by having all its items tracked?

Doesn't the government have other things to spend on than a new tracking system? What ever happened to barcodes?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Saucerat, that was my idea- They don't track the stuff that would be easy to use to conceal contraband? Bales of Gov't sanctioned badness buried in there? Might have stumbled on something here. Oops!

top topics

join