It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea Prepares Missle Launch that can hit US!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is scary.

TOKYO (Reuters) - The United States and Japan issued new warnings to North Korea amid further signs on Saturday that the secretive state was planning a long-range missile launch.
North Korea has moved key components of a long-range missile to a launch pad as well as 10 large liquid-gas tanks to fuel it, a South Korean newspaper reported, citing government officials.

I have a question for those with knowlege about the potential strategic and tactical response of the US and Japan if N Korea, which is thought to have nukes is seen to be able to deliver a nuclear payload to the United States.

What might the response be? Will they simply be accepted as a stronger power? Is there any chance of a military response?

[edit on 17-6-2006 by opensecret1150]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This really worries me.

I heard that they have a missle that can reach Mississipe.

If they launch a missle on us would that be considered an act of war?

Could this cause a chain reaction?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
This really worries me.

I heard that they have a missle that can reach Mississipe.

If they launch a missle on us would that be considered an act of war?

Could this cause a chain reaction?

you made a good point. if there's really such a chain reaction, it would perfectly fit with all rumours and theories going around about the *upcoming* nuke-attack on the US, which was scheduled to be happen on the 19th of june. let's wait and see...

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
North Korea has had a missile that can hit the US for awhile now. They've been able to hit Hawaii, Alaska and the West Coast. This missile will supposedly go farther into the US than the previous missile. In 2003 parts of a dummy warhead were supposedly found in Alaska from a North Korean missile test.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Crap. I put this in the wrong section, I don't suppose there is a way to fix it? Mods can you put this in the right section?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by opensecret1150
Crap. I put this in the wrong section, I don't suppose there is a way to fix it? Mods can you put this in the right section?

Yes, there is an existing thread on this topic.

Please direct your thoughts and contributions to the ongoing discussion, here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you.

Closing ...

new topics

top topics

join