It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to honesty and integrity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When I was growing up, my parents, especially my Dad, stressed the importance of honesty and integrity. Nothing was more important. At 18, when I went off to school and even more so afterwards, I embraced this concept, and besides maybe the ladies and the beer, it was my guiding light.

Up until about 5 years ago, this seemed to work very well for me and it seemed that most of my peers had the same idea. Since then, I'm not so sure. I'm hoping to find out if others see this or that most of the rest of the world has avoided this situation.

My frame of reference is a little unusual because 6 years after I started my first real job, I left, only to return 5 years later. I've now been back for 4 and the changes are clear as day. Now it's as if the truth only applies if it benefits the individual or the small group the individual is a part of.

Finger pointing is the norm when problems appear. I'm discouraged from accepting responsibility for my/our screw ups and openly discussing solutions with those outside our little group. Looking like we're working hard and knowning what we're doing has become more important than actually doing so. Those who do nothing, get rewarded just as much as those who do their own work and pick up the slack left by those who don't. And I've become the trouble maker for trying to point out these things.

Please ensure me that my situation is an exception to the old rule of honesty and integrity.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hate lying coorporation and celerties who lie to make themselfs look like their nice people. Dont they have everything they want? Why are they unhappy and being jerks to their workers who actually help them more than they help themselfs. For coorporations who lie to sell their products, they are bad. Im talking about like when they will make something up like "studies show" and other things.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
it's a widespread problem. it's not just a workplace thing, it's an ethics thing - maybe that has to do with the people i associate myself with, but i hope not.

i find that weak people are the reason for it. my best friends are either strong of character, strong of body, or strong in their own self-view. so many others only see what can be done for them in a situation. so many others are afraid of taking responsibility for their mistakes.

i'm thinking of seceding from the human race because of these people.

new topics

join