It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Baghdad: 7 explosions within 5 hrs 43 dead

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Mission NOT accomplished. This is sad that no one gets the concept :Violence begets more violence. In the secure zone as well. Let's stop the charade and the on going continuing looting and raping of Iraq. Time to call it a day


news.yahoo.com...



[edit on 17-6-2006 by MRGERBIK]

[edit on 17-6-2006 by MRGERBIK]




posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Every American who voted Bush has blood on their hands - What the US administration has brought about in Iraq is nothing short of shear disregard for humanity and I believe as a country, the US will again have great suffering brought to bear on it as a result of it's government's irresponsible actions. I pity the decent people of the USA, and the trials and tribulations it will have to endure in the years to come


[edit on 17-6-2006 by ClydeFrog]



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog
Every American who voted Bush has blood on their hands



I wouldn't go that far. But I would say there is no plan and continuing to undermine our military by using them as a political tool is beyond the pale.
Those who think not having a exit strategy is pointless, are missing the bigger picture.
And every day is another day with Osama laughing in his Al Q Tent. It's almost like watching a grizzly bear maul a boy scout patrol and someone tries to stop them and a supporter says "No! We hve to let the grizzly's finish liberating the Boy Scout Troop 327" Meanwhile the troop is being torn limb from Limb.


Jack Murtha should get a shirt that says "Told Ya So"


Welcome to Madness

Remember that Bob Marley song "Burnin n Looting"? That's us no matter what propaganda we put out. Think how many no bid contracts are awarded in Iraq just alone then think about how many children our military forces put in the hospital given by a order of a self righteous mad man. It's not the soldiers it's our foreign policy on occupation that is clearly in need of some tweaking. And no photo op of a smiling kid getting a piece of candy is going to convince anyone otherwise just the gullible ones.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
No pal, anyone that fuels their car with oil has blood on their hands.

Mission not accomplished? Of course not, the liberals in the U.S. and gov'ts in the EU won't let us fight like a Army ought to fight. Instead you turned us into a police force and we've been getting killed ever since.

It's sad really, that people still can't grasp the concept that even if Gore would have won in 2000, or Kerry in 2004 we'd still be in Iraq, in the same mess, dealing with the same problems. The only difference would be consevatives telling libs that anyone who voted for Gore has blood on their hands.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog
Every American who voted Bush has blood on their hands


Lol...Whoa there Clyde. I can see how people can come to that conclusion and the like, however, that may be too simplistic a view to adopt.

For starters, the elected members probably do not hold as much sway as we would like to think. It seems to more far more likely that the people who really pull the strings are in the shadows, far from public view. Therefore, to blame the American public, and to some extent Bush too, is too easy.

Secondly. It seems unlikely that the current undertakings are being performed out of some deep seated bloodlust. It is far more likely that there is a perfectly sound reason for the coalition presence in Iraq. It is just that we don't know what it is yet.

As for the situation in Iraq itself. It seems to me that the conflict is appearing more and more like a civil war as time goes on. Contradictory reports regarding the composition of 'insurgents' tend to surface with regularity, but it does seem to be the case that it is Iraqi citizens who are now being primarily targetted, with the message being that 'terrorists' are responsible, further strengthening the perception that a coalition presence must be sustained.

Whether the culprits of the continuing violence are indeed external interlopers, or the conflict is now a violent internicine battle, remains to be seen.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have lost a cousin who was killed by a a roadside bomb in Fallujah in January, half of my family are seriously distraught to this day and probably will remain so for a long time into the future. They and I are yet to hear a valid reason why we even invaded this country in the first place - besides some sick neo-con/republican vendetta completely by-passing international law/the UN. Meanwhile American servicemen and Iraqi innocents continue to lose their lives on a daily basis, but I guess each life is just a statistic now, so who cares huh?? do people even think about the families of all the people losing their lives here, Iraqi, American, whoever?? It's not about conspiracies, it's about common respect for human life and I'm afraid the Republican voters of America need to take a long, hard look at what they are lending their support towards.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by ClydeFrog]

[edit on 17-6-2006 by ClydeFrog]



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
Mission not accomplished? Of course not, the liberals in the U.S. and gov'ts in the EU won't let us fight like a Army ought to fight.


Let me clarified one littler fact here.

US 9/11 attacked, US retaliated against master minded in Afghanistan.

Iraq no involved.

US decided to find MWDs in Iraq and liberate the country from an evil regime.

Iraq didn't have insurgency.

US starts a war in Iraq that has nothing to do with 9/11 after MWDs no found, insurgency takes over the country that US liberated.

Iraq got insurgency after US invasion, liberation and ultimate decimation of a social structure, values and culture.

Yes Iraq is so evil now, before it was Saddam now we got them isurgency.


Hail for liberation US style.


Yes we may be blaming one side or the other depending of how the elections may have turned but the fact still remain, perhaps one side would not have been to hasty into getting in a conflict with nation that was no part of 9/11.

Perhaps we would have been still in full force in Afghanistan and perhaps mission in that country would have been better managed.

And . . . perhaps right now Iraq would have been without insurgency, death and chaos.
with only Saddam to deal with.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
No pal, anyone that fuels their car with oil has blood on their hands.

Mission not accomplished? Of course not, the liberals in the U.S. and gov'ts in the EU won't let us fight like a Army ought to fight. Instead you turned us into a police force and we've been getting killed ever since.

It's sad really, that people still can't grasp the concept that even if Gore would have won in 2000, or Kerry in 2004 we'd still be in Iraq, in the same mess, dealing with the same problems. The only difference would be consevatives telling libs that anyone who voted for Gore has blood on their hands.



And there we have it. You mentioned "The Liberals" Without Equal you know who you shopuld be more concerned with? How about the war profiteers? How about the corporatists raping our job markets and Govt?
How about the contract mercenaries ? But no you won't face up to those stinging truths at all. It's all the "LIBERALS"

No...
I think it's the contractors
I I think it's the foreign policy
I think it's the Bush administration
I think it's the corporate raiders
I think it's the DLC piratesLiberat
I think it's the war profiteers

I would be willing to bet that in the scheme of things (You'd lose that bet btw) liberals have 1/10th the reason why this war is turning out the way it is. It's a nice scapegoat. the art of dividing Americans is such a lame dead horse game.

No, we wouldn't be in Iraq if we had a Dem President. No one would have gone into Iraq on a lame brain "Glazed over eyes" War on Terror crusade.
We would have gone into Afghanistan and called it a day . You still think that Iraq was the biggest threat of the moment. And it wasn't by a longshot. Securing the oil fields was the priority. And raping the country of it's culture and resources was the second. Liberating a people was somewhere way down the list for the messanic headtrip.


Your game is the Dennis Hassert reflex. No Plan no strategy just more Gi's and civilians dying from our weapons. That's the real tragedy,Pal. And that's not a plan that's a disaster and that's why your patriotic bravado is *utterly* flawed.

And whatever you think that Eagle as your avi stands for it's just some delusion to escape from the grim reality of a horrifying imperial occupation. My advice is to not be blinded by Nationalism. Liberals are far from your worst worries in this world. It's the Bogey Man that conservatives are afraid the most that and the "Liberal Media/Liberal Agenda/Liberal


I think we have to fear a nationalist agenda the most. Maybe that's just me though.
I doubt it though. To play the lib card on the very 2nd sentence? It's so cliche.
Armchair Warriorism syndrome is a big problem in our country/



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sometimes is hard for people to understand the conspiracy that has become Iraq.

It seems that everything that goes on in Iraq is because the Iraqi people is at fault.

From invasion to insurgency.
even 9/11.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by marg6043]



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

Originally posted by ClydeFrog
Every American who voted Bush has blood on their hands


Lol...Whoa there Clyde. I can see how people can come to that conclusion and the like, however, that may be too simplistic a view to adopt.

For starters, the elected members probably do not hold as much sway as we would like to think. It seems to more far more likely that the people who really pull the strings are in the shadows, far from public view. Therefore, to blame the American public, and to some extent Bush too, is too easy.

Secondly. It seems unlikely that the current undertakings are being performed out of some deep seated bloodlust. It is far more likely that there is a perfectly sound reason for the coalition presence in Iraq. It is just that we don't know what it is yet.

As for the situation in Iraq itself. It seems to me that the conflict is appearing more and more like a civil war as time goes on. Contradictory reports regarding the composition of 'insurgents' tend to surface with regularity, but it does seem to be the case that it is Iraqi citizens who are now being primarily targetted, with the message being that 'terrorists' are responsible, further strengthening the perception that a coalition presence must be sustained.

Whether the culprits of the continuing violence are indeed external interlopers, or the conflict is now a violent internicine battle, remains to be seen.



It doesn't even matter if it's a civil war. (Which it obviously is) We are poisoning the Children and the soldiers through radiation of high level concentrated doses. There are places in Iraq that are unliveable because of the radiation levels.
This is a war crime and someone should be held accountable for the Uranium deposits in every child's body. Let's stop being Johnny G.I. about this and be real. Everyday is a tragedy that we caused and we need to fix this. And it's not by shooting and patroling a country that isn't yours.


Let's use some common sense.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog
I have lost a cousin who was killed by a a roadside bomb in Fallujah in January, half of my family are seriously distraught to this day and probably will remain so for a long time into the future. They and I are yet to hear a valid reason why we even invaded this country in the first place - besides some sick neo-con/republican vendetta completely by-passing international law/the UN. Meanwhile American servicemen and Iraqi innocents continue to lose their lives on a daily basis, but I guess each life is just a statistic now, so who cares huh?? do people even think about the families of all the people losing their lives here, Iraqi, American, whoever?? It's not about conspiracies, it's about common respect for human life and I'm afraid the Republican voters of America need to take a long, hard look at what they are lending their support towards.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by ClydeFrog]

[edit on 17-6-2006 by ClydeFrog]


Their logic is we have to avenge the life of everyone lost. Which is just flawed to begin with as a strategy. Its too bad your cousin had to pay the price from this war. But maybe he will be seen as a example that this war in particular is not
worth the men dying just because some say it is.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK
Let's stop being Johnny G.I. about this and be real. Everyday is a tragedy that we caused and we need to fix this. And it's not by shooting and patroling a country that isn't yours.


See, this is the thing. I can't believe that the 'Johnny G.I.' mindset is the one that is directing policy decisions regarding the current situation. It seems far more likely that the present conflict is the beginning of a long term strategy that is perceived as being in America's national interest.

Don't get me wrong, I think the events that are occuring in Iraq are terrible. I am no fan of war, but I don't believe that the coalition forces are fighting simply for fightings sake. I hasten to add that I don't buy the 'terrorist' reason or the 'nation building' excuse either. I just don't know the real reason for us being in Iraq.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog
Every American who voted Bush has blood on their hands
[edit on 17-6-2006 by ClydeFrog]


I voted for him, without knowing what was coming. Let's just say I'm not a Bush fan. I'm neither Republican or Democratic anymore. I've decided that they are all on the same team even though they fight and bicker trying to make us think they are not.


I'm not voting anymore, because it doesn't matter.... the same people that pull the string can make all the puppets do the same thing! It's discusting



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual

It's sad really, that people still can't grasp the concept that even if Gore would have won in 2000, or Kerry in 2004 we'd still be in Iraq, in the same mess, dealing with the same problems. The only difference would be consevatives telling libs that anyone who voted for Gore has blood on their hands.


Very well stated.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sometimes is hard for people to understand the conspiracy that has become Iraq.

It seems that everything that goes on in Iraq is because the Iraqi people is at fault.

From invasion to insurgency.
even 9/11.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by marg6043]



It's very simple. Eventually we have to come to terms with what we have done with our military and how we used them as pawns for political capital to bandwagon "War on Terror" slogan. The only difference with the G.O.P and the Dems usingt he military is they took it to a whole new dimension. TO actually go into a soverign country and rip apart the infrastructure. We havent even talked aboutr the consequences of the political dominoes falling in this region.



Do you have any idea how many conservatives have turned? Walter Jones "Inventor of Freedom Fries" is now speaking out against the war.

When the inventor of Freedom Fries requests a timetable you have lost your
base and everything you stand for.

In fact, I can use all conservative sources and respected figures who are against this war. It's rather easy in retrospect to see what debacle everything has become.


If I was Iraqi i'd fight for my country and to get the occupiers off. II wouldn't give a damn if you were American. I'd want occupying force out of my life just like any american in this country would. And therein lies the hypocrisy and the double standard of cultural prejudice.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK
It's very simple. Eventually we have to come to terms with what we have done with our military and how we used them as pawns for political capital to bandwagon "War on Terror" slogan. The only difference with the G.O.P and the Dems usingt he military is they took it to a whole new dimension. TO actually go into a soverign country and rip apart the infrastructure. We havent even talked aboutr the consequences of the political dominoes falling in this region.


I can't believe that A) US planners would squander such a level of resources purely for political gain, and B) US military top brass would either connive in, or be taken in by, such a scheme.

As you have said, a sovereign country has been invaded on highly shaky ground. There must be a reason...maybe something big like: secret forecasts suggest that 75% of current oil supply will be used up within 20 years...maybe.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK
If I was Iraqi i'd fight for my country and to get the occupiers off. II wouldn't give a damn if you were American. I'd want occupying force out of my life just like any american in this country would. And therein lies the hypocrisy and the double standard of cultural prejudice.


Very well say, you got my first vote of the month.


Only a patriot will understand how dying for ones country is the ultimate sacrify.

But in the mess that has become Iraq our own soldiers are trained to believe that that is exaclty what they are doing.



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Originally posted by ClydeFrog
Every American who voted Bush has blood on their hands
[edit on 17-6-2006 by ClydeFrog]


I voted for him, without knowing what was coming. Let's just say I'm not a Bush fan. I'm neither Republican or Democratic anymore. I've decided that they are all on the same team even though they fight and bicker trying to make us think they are not.


I'm not voting anymore, because it doesn't matter.... the same people that pull the string can make all the puppets do the same thing! It's discusting


I feel about the same way jen.....and cute avatar BTW



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i seriously doubt, these will be the last bad news, that we're going to here out of iraq. the situation gets even worse day by day... hopefully, there is not another war coming up, that soon. iran
the consequences could be tremendous...

[edit on 6/pm by UndeniableTruth]



posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
jen.....and cute avatar BTW


Thanks (blushing) Something special Chissler whipped up for me




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join