It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey,
I was wondering if anybody might know how to help me remember my dreams better. I had years of depression when i was younger and it caused me to literally stop dreaming, or at least not remember my dreams. However, the problem is, many years later, the blockages i must have created while in depression are still causing me to not remember my dreams. IWANT TO REMEMBER MY DREAMS. When i was younger, before my depression hit the top i actually developed lucid dreaming as a kid. I didnt even know what lucid dreaming was. Not to mention my mother had no idea what i was talking about the next day, when i exclaimed i had taken control of my dream. Ican't lucid dream again, if i cant remember dreams either. I would like to begin attemtping oobe again, as well as contacting my spirit guide. But i feel this is very important and neeeds to be fixed first. I plan on using my dreaming for both oobe and contacting my spirit guide.

If anyone could offer help it would be appreciated!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You do dream. You just don't remember them.
Try this. As you get comfortable to go to sleep, tell yourself (out loud or in your head) that you WANT to remember your dreams, you NEED to remember your dreams, you WILL remember your dreams.

Do this ever night. KNOW that you are able to do this. Keep a notebook and pencil at your bed side - often we have fragments left or at least feelings left and they go away quickly as soon as we move around.

When you wake up, don't move. Just keep your eyes closed and let your mind stay where it's at. You may not remember an entire dream, but you may remember a wood carving or door or hall way or person (farmiliar or stranger). You may only have a feeling of 'good or not good' or something. Write it down.

Try this for a while. If that's not enough, continue doing that, but add to it this:
Set your alarm clock to go off at about 90 minutes aftr you fall asleep. If you wake up during a dream, you'll remember it. It should take aprox 90 minutes to get into dream time. Tinker with the amount of time you set your alarm clock for.

There are other methods, but try these first, they should be most helpful.

Angela

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I find it owrks best with a 2 hour time frame then that wy yoiu ensure you dream more

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Great answers.
I can't lay still after I wake up so I "program" myself to remember my dreams no matter what happens. It doesn't always work though but I trust that I'll remember the important stuff.
I too use a longer time frame, 2 h. 30 min.
Just a little twist sometimes I choose not to dream, I once read that the Aboriginals will do this to save energy.
I consider my "sleep time"just as valid as my "wake time". I sleep alot
so perhaps it's just an excuse.

Good luck with the "Dream Job"
WIS

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have just posted a segment on dreams but I forgot to check around a bit. I had no idea that people were just as interested in dreams as I am. I have done a little bit of reasearch on lucid dreaming and find this site to be very helpful.

www.dreamviews.com...

It explains what a lucid dream is, how do have lucid dreams more often, and much much more. This may help with your dream rememberance Vesuvius.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
THankyou for the replies all.
I've actually been recording my dreams the moment i wake up. However i still often dont remember a thing when i seem to awake.
I know lucid dreaming very well however i just need to get it back.
Walkinsilence/AngelaladyS, etc., thanks, i will definately try that timer method.
Vesu

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
try setting ure alarm clock and snoozing it like 5 times.. that is if u can get back to sleep... i have no probs getting back sleep and i can actualy wake up enough to realize i need to snooz and then go right back into the dream i was just in... really fun ecept my dreams usualy have no meaning and i usualy cant go lucid... tho sometimes i realize i can controls things but cant quite grasp the fact im dreaming

new topics

top topics

join