It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything Short of Drooling and Babbling is Considered a Monumental Success for Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I liked this article. I thought it was a good piece.

SOURCE

Using the low-bar expectations, this was a good week in terms of things happening that weren't dreadful. Al Zarqawi was alive, now he's dead.
Ok, no one can argue that that's not a good thing. But he's already been replaced by Abu Hamza al-Muhajer as Al Qaeda-in-Iraq's leader. The real arguable point, however, is what effect Zarqawi's killing will have on the insurgency. So far, the violence and death has increased. Next, Bush hopped a plane to Baghdad, and it was greeted as some sort of Nixon-like foreign policy coup. Like al Zarqawi's death, this will yield little if anything in the grand scheme of things. But for an under-achieving president like Bush, I guess the trip was a big deal. Lastly, his chief political operative, Karl Rove, learned he will not face indictment in the CIA leak case. Another big win? Sure, if you don't mind that Rove still reeks of scandal and is probably guilty. But to the Bushies, "a lack of enough evidence to indict" translates to "innocence." Not to the rest of us. Sorry George, "Karl Rove not indicted" is not something to brag about.

Not only is it funny, it is the truth!!!

Comments?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Why'd you hate Ron so much?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Say something that makes sense. Wont you?

I'm tired of hearing how wonderful Bush is and that he's making a comeback myself. Its all bs masterminded by the fabulous Dick and upper Echelon.
And Rove not being indicted?
That's like saying "I'm real proud of my son. He isnt going to jail this year".....

You gotta love it.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Was it reported in the U.S. media, how GWB chastised a reporter for wearing sunglasses at his rose garden press conference? Turns out the guy was legally blind. They showed it on the news twice in 'Oz. Still, good week, though.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% dg. I asked in another thread if it would be news if he managed to rinse his cereal bowl.

I don't think he's in charge at all. He acts and speaks like a dunce, not the chief executive. I think other's are pulling his strings while he thinks he is actually the man in charge.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Fingapointa,

That's a funny one. First i heard of it.

I hate to appear ruthless, but this man had better do a hell of a lot more REAL stuff in this world in order to gain my confidence. If that's being mean and ruthless, so be it. While he's apparently on a quest to "come back" he continues his agenda in the background. He doesnt have our best intentions at heart.

Show me some good, Bush. I promise i will start liking you. Really.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oh I do, go read my wonderful posts instead of spreading lies about me as well. Not that you have any empathy - remember how it bothered you that a grown man might have cried. Guess where that files any opinions you have.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Fingapointa,

That's a funny one. First i heard of it.

DG, You never heard about this!?! I would have told you about it, had I realized. The Video Itself

An absolute shame. I would at least try to give the benefit of the doubt before pulling out comments like that. I love how the interviewer says "well, that depends on your viewpoint."

[edit on 6/17/06 by niteboy82]

[edit on 6/17/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I found a news story on it.

"Are you going to ask that question with shades on?" the President playfully inquired of Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times, who had asked Mr Bush what he had learnt from the CIA leak imbroglio. The reporter offered to take them off but Mr Bush pressed on. "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously," he said, noting for good measure that "there's no sun". Deftly Mr Wallsten replied, "I guess it depends on your perspective." "Touché," Mr Bush said, in a rare lapse into French. But beneath the give-and-take lies a more serious tale. Mr Wallsten, it transpires, is partly blind as a result of macular degeneration, and has to wear sunglasses to protect his eyes from glare.

news.independent.co.uk...

What a guy. What a week.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yea but, did he ever answer the blind man's question?

Seemed he was trying to change the subject? And what a better way to do it, make the 'subject' the reporter himself and play on their ego to be flattered by such an exchange. Kindergarten psypops. Someone's coaching him to do this to get past the 'sticky' questions, Turd Blossom would be my bet. The reporters need to get a grip and hold some feet to the fire.

Here's a article from Molly Irvin from this week. Making political hay while the sun shines...

DOES THE WORLD SEE BUSH AS A MORON?
Molly Ivins, AlterNet

Do you suppose the rest if the world just assumes George W.
Bush is a moron when he goes overseas?

www.alternet.org...

[snip]

The trouble with Iraq is what keeps happening there. We haven't rebuilt the place -- in fact, it keeps getting worse in terms of basic services. You have to admit, leaving a place worse off than Saddam Hussein kept it is not a bragging point. Number of people killed keeps going up, signs of militias out of control, sectarian violence, spreading anarchy ... not good.

[snip]

...It is a putrid human, social and political disaster, and getting worse, not better. The people who got us into this should not be forgiven - - they should not even get a "bounce" from it.

'Bounce' as in the political capital gained in the polls from exploiting the death of Zarqawi by going there personally on the surprise visit.

She starts out with a 'look you in the eye' theme and I wonder if it's a reference (dig) at the blind guy paux pas? Maybe that's why he asked the guy about his shades? He needed to look him in the eye?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
Oh I do, go read my wonderful posts instead of spreading lies about me as well. Not that you have any empathy - remember how it bothered you that a grown man might have cried. Guess where that files any opinions you have.

Your messages remind me of Morse Code. Anyway, from what i gather, i'm still confused as to RON IS???

What bothered me about Bush's crying was that its a new technique now. Gosh, come to think of it, it does work for him. Did anyone catch Rumsfeld at that ceremony a few days ago sniffing, and choking as well? It worked for Bush, and he figures it will work for him.
Will Cheney be next? He might as well cry while talking about the Iraq war also.
I know a con when i see one. Its too bad others dont.

Who is spreading vicious lies about you Ed?
I have no idea what you mean- you might as well have quotes. And who is "RON? Am i missing something here.
Morse Code is something i dont understand.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
But that's not what you wrote, you and some other poster wrote you have trouble with anyone that cries.

I appreciate you may not know what I meant here when I asked about Ron, but look at what you wrote about my posts - you had that judgement going about me, getting a dig in that there is anything non-understandable about what I write - yet I haven't had any word from you on that in any threads I've been in, so you know it smells like fish for you to make such a claim. Unless of course you want to point out what posts of mine you had that opinion about? Cause otherwise it kinda looks like you do know exactly what I meant about Ron.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
ed 209

Your post is a clear attack on Dg.

Well I imagine that Bush ratings should be better after killing Bad man number two for some reason It should have been a good plus.

But like many said is already another bad man named and on top of that business is as usual in the insurgency line in Iraq.

I see Zarqawi deaths as more of a media stunt than anything else.

Now as for Rove he is Bushes turd blossom so what else can you expect but nothing than a presidential pardon.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You have to link my attack to you and "Ron", dear. Do i have to ask you again?

You wont get any respect if you keep talking in codes. I never attack anyone here,

So, wont you please let me know what you're REALLY TALKING ABOUT?

This is my second or third request. Saying i attacked you isnt going to help us, will it???

If you have a personal problem with me, then say so. I'm willing to listen. I've already explained what i meant on the other thread by Bush's alligator tears.

You dont want a MOD to have to get involved, do you? :shk:

I dont do headgames. Sincerely, DG
PS...I'll tell you this, if i offended you personally, i am truly sorry.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I didn't attack anyone at all. There goes some troublemaking stirrer posting total lies when it's entirely obvious just reading through this thread what has and hasn't been said, so why do some people do that like it's not obvious who wrote what. How come you think it will look any different?

So you are threatening a moderator on me when you lied here about what you wrote about crying in that other thread. Does that mean you have changed what you wrote, cause otherwise the mod would read both threads would they not? And then see I am telling the truth. And you did write "Say something that makes sense. Wont you?" in reply to my first question here. That's not a normal non-attack response, why didn't you just ask what I meant - that would have been a normal non-attack response.

This response here isn't any different from the one I already just wrote, but since someone else jumped in and ignored the actual text of this thread, looks like it needs to be reiterated. Please, if people feel the need to disguise their hate in reporting then expect to be called up for it. How would you like it if I posted a thread about you with the title of this one here? You'd go doing all you could along with a bunch of others to get me banned as soon as you could.

So why is it different? You just threatened to get a mod involved here - over what? Don't you compare those kinds of thoughts and actions to those that politicians you attack have - when they do it you'd be on their case for being anywhere near that sensitive. I don't see how you can post a title that angry and 'bring it on' in tone, then complain when anyone replies.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ed,

I have decided to use my ignore button on YOU. Its not something i normally do, but you dont make sense. I'm not going to continue playing head games. I dont play reality head games with real people, so i wont do virtual head games either.

OK? And you disregarded my appology (should one be needed:puz
so enough from you.

Go pick on someone else- there are plenty of people here who would love to chew you up and spit you out.

I TRIED. Have a good life.

Ignore is on.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah I can see that you like trying to chew people up and then spit them out - that's my whole point. You're very immature and you can't deal with the kinds of things you post. There's nothing hard to grasp nor instigating in what I wrote. You're such a cold and callous person......why why why. And another threat from you, trying to get my back up with talk of your hoardes that want to attack me like you have. I'll bet it's the other way around, I bet there's scores of posters who won't reply to posts like yours what they actually think - because they are worried about getting their accounts banned for having an opinion, the way some people twist the truth so. I hope you get over whatever is eating you.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Eat At Joe's, Not At PTS

Originally posted by ed 209
I'll bet it's the other way around, I bet there's scores of posters who won't reply to posts like yours what they actually think - because they are worried about getting their accounts banned for having an opinion, the way some people twist the truth so. I hope you get over whatever is eating you.

Members aren't banned for expressing opinions, but for violations of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Whatever issues you may have with dgtempe are not the topic of this thread, and are therefore inappropriate.

However, your opinions on the topic are quite welcome, as they are for any legitimate topic of discussion.

Please stay on topic.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I hate to appear ruthless, but this man had better do a hell of a lot more REAL stuff in this world in order to gain my confidence. If that's being mean and ruthless, so be it. While he's apparently on a quest to "come back" he continues his agenda in the background. He doesnt have our best intentions at heart.

Show me some good, Bush. I promise i will start liking you. Really.

The only thing anyone can be confident about this POTUS is that they'll lie and cheat and steal whatever's necessary to push thru their PNAC agenda, rob the treasury and make sure the war machine keeps grinding on. But people are wise and getting wiser every day.

Seeing this happen before our very eyes has made me doubt his sincerity from the beginning. The last line of the OP's article says it perfectly for me:

America certainly should have much higher standards for excellence.

Certainly should.

At first I thought Ed meant Ron Reagan, but I didn't see any mention of him in the article. Plenty of drooling and blubbering going on over his presidency... may his soul rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have never known a President to do as much flying around the country as this one does. Especially when he's not running for office.
It's as if he has nothing else to do, when Those Who Rule don't include him.

I don't think he's dumb so much as in over his head.
FWIW, look to see more figure-head Presidents in the US future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join