It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I just saw Rudy being interviewed after a game of golf. They asked if he would have as much time to play come 2008 and replied that he guesses he will have to make that decision by the end of this year. I was a little surprised to hear him so casually make the remark.

I am curious how others feel about Rudy at this point. What do you think his chances are of getting a nomination? Do you see him as someone who might get your vote? Would it be a "lesser of evils" choice or might he actually have positive support?

How many who think the whole political process is part of a NWO conspiracy would see a place for Giuliani in the scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Publicity is a powerful tool. I never cease to marvel how one person, or another, can be thrust into the spotlight by the news media and, then, garner the respect of the American people. Perhaps the American people are desperately seeking a "hero" or a "champion"? Nevertheless, Rudy Giuliani, in my opinion, is such a figure.

To put it simply, Mr. Giuliani was a mayor of New York City who performed admirably under a difficult situation. In other words, he did his job. When 9/11 occurred, Mr. Giuliani did what any mayor should have done; he was omni-present in the disaster area, he made regular appearances on the local news to reassure his citizens and he remained a calming influence for not only New Yorkers but for the rest of the country.
But does this mean that he is a "hero"? He only did what would be expected of a mayor in the light of a disaster in his city.

I'm certain that Mr. Giuliani was a fine administrator. After all, being an administrator -- a "paper pusher", if you will -- is what is expected of a mayor or, for that matter, the head of a beuracratic entity -- the City of New York. But does this really make him a prime choice for the presidency? He's just a man who happened to do "the right things" at the "right time". If 9/11 did not happen, would anyone be considering Rudy Giuliani for presidential candidacy?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I do think people were considering him as a potential future candidate prior to 9/11. I just think he's been out of the limelight so long, I hadn't considered him a contender at this point and was surprised he was admitting it to being under consideration.

I do however think he did a lot more than just be a good paper pusher/administrator during his tenure with NYC. I also think he was viewed as bipartisan and really a Mayor who worked for the people. I never heard anyone say a bad thing about him, not when I was with the Democrats or the Republicans.

Anyway, I don't think we have a clue who either party will be throwing at us by the end of the year, it's all speculation at this point anyway, so I thought it would be interesting for people to speculate.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Before 9/11 he didn't have a good record in office few personal scandals he had to deal with.

I think that the 9/11 was what put him on center stage and it was obvious that anybody in his position would have done as good as he did.

I do not see him as a good candidate.

top topics

join