It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin Of Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What does my thread have to do with leading anything?

Are you a follower? Is that what your saying? That you are going to only act and react in response to my actions?

Are you going to talk about the thread, or are you only on here to point out fault in the thread?

Do all of my actions, justify yours?

WOW, where in Police work did I hear that?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
What does my thread have to do with leading anything?

It has nothing to do with leading anything. "Lead by example", in other words, if you want someone to do something, show them how you want or need it done. What I meant was if you don't want us to question your intellect (which by now is highly suspect), then don't question ours first. We'll only treat you as you treat us.

Are you a follower? Is that what your saying? That you are going to only act and react in response to my actions?

I'm not a follower. However, you are a joke. This isn't question and answer anymore. It's not even debate. You aren't even concerned with having your questions resolved anymore. All you want is to inflame a situation that shouldn't even exist.

Are you going to talk about the thread, or are you only on here to point out fault in the thread?

I have talked about this thread. I gave input where I believed it was needed and attempted to clear up some misunderstandings you may have had about the topic. I made an effort to reach out to help, and you've done nothing but lose sight of your end of the conversation. What have your contributions entailed? Almost nil, and you're not gaining ground at this point.

Do all of my actions, justify yours?

They do when you approach a community with a question, seeking their viewpoints, and then choose to launch thinly veiled attacks at them in thanks. This is the bed you've made. Don't be alarmed when you don't get much sleep in it.

WOW, where in Police work did I hear that?

Way to back up your argument with smilies. They go a long way to improving your image of not being an "intellectual slouch".

After reviewing this thread, I've marked this post as the one where you sprung your little trap. It is in the body of this post that your stance switches from "inquiring mind" to "character attacker". Nice setup, but I'm done with this thread and with you.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thank You...Whew!!!!!!!

Im tired of the insults.

It is so very typical of the anti religous sect out there to throw around insinuations about the intelect of anyone that even remotely supports any religion. It seems that their belief in the every questioned evolution, inundates them and somehow eliminates their ability to discuss an issue.

The simple fact of the matter is, how can you possibly make up your mind about anything, if all you look at is one side or the other? What would happen to my crime scene, if I walked up and decided it was a dope killing because it was in the projects. Never having looked at the scene, or examined any evidence? Exactly the same thing that has happened to the previous poster, A closed mind incapable of coherent thought outside of his protected box of previous conditioning.

The automatic and unsubsatntiated assumption that all who believe in religion, are somehow less intellectually informed, or even less intelligent than the evolutionist, is of course supremely ignorant.

It is the pure and unfettered mind that examines and considers evidence from all aspects of any question, that can and does formulate an intelligent decision. Or you can sit back and insult those you do not understand, or possibly can not accept that they do not just roll over and believe what you say, simply because you say it.

Lee Strobel, Former Evolutionist
www.leestrobel.com...
Former Evolutioist, turned Creationist Educator. Emeritus Professor Tyndale John Rendle-Short
www.creationists.org...

I guess like me, they are just unintelligent about the whole thing.

semper

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The destructive little dance that this thread has devolved into is only going to cause the blooming of 'red flags'. I see instances already which are 'warn worthy'.

I suggest all concerned to debate the topic in a civil and reasonable manner without personal attacks.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Semper, it simply does not matter whether God created the Universe in 7 days or 17 Billion years...nor does it matter whether we shared a common ancestor with the apes or not...the fact that we are here at all, either way, is a miricle beyond belief and worthy of songs of gratitude. In the words of the german poet Rainer Maria Rilke, "It is breathtaking just to be here." That is enough for me.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
these types of discussions are great when you have inteligent people discussing various sides of it. I fall in between both ideas, that things evolve, survive and grow. But i have a question, haven't done any research yet on it, but it just struck me as odd.

Where did the plants on this planet come from? Is there any theories on how they evolved? They don't move around like animals do. They don't need to move for reproduction really, it's done by bugs isn't it? Wind? Is there any plant material moving around in space that could have hit the earth spread and evolved into the 1,000's of kinds we have today. Thats harder for me to rap my head around than animals that run everywhere for food, eating and mating, and adapting. Did bacteria in water evolve into a plant... I'm really ignorant of this so go easy on me.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by short

Where did the plants on this planet come from? Is there any theories on how they evolved? They don't move around like animals do. They don't need to move for reproduction really, it's done by bugs isn't it? Wind? Is there any plant material moving around in space that could have hit the earth spread and evolved into the 1,000's of kinds we have today. Thats harder for me to rap my head around than animals that run everywhere for food, eating and mating, and adapting. Did bacteria in water evolve into a plant... I'm really ignorant of this so go easy on me.

Plants and Animals actually come from the same genetic tree (Thats millions and millions of years ago, when all "life" was was an evolving sludge of genetic material.)

The Eucarya tree of evolution evolved into the plants, fungi, and animals we see today. They started as plants in the water, and theyre seeds were eventually carried with the currents to expand outward untill either amphibians had carried out the seeds, or places where the plants resided dried out. And from there they evolved through periods of genetic mutations and natural adaptation to the new enviroment to branch into all types of trees and plants.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And now you have one side of the theory.

There are actually numerous theories as to where plant life originated. Not the least is the one that you postulated in your post. That life was carried here as spores within, say a meteor. That particular theory is gaining a lot of mainstream acceptance among the academia. It is called Panspermia.
Then of course the theory that one great and all powerful being simply created the plant life in order to sustain the life on the planet, for whatever purpose it is that you believe in. Mainstream Religion.
Then there are those that think that all life here is really a colony, placed here by beings of significant technology. And that we are monitored on a routine basis or simply forgotten. Scientology, ie, L Ron Hubbards Dianetics is a good example of this.

So pick your poison and investigate as you will. The more that you learn the more you will be able to make an informed decision as to what YOU believe is the true nature of life on this rock.

Some interesting books, and reads

Origin of Species
Case for a Creator
www.alienresistance.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
For all of you not ready to accept that evolution is a fact. Here are some studies from a number of universally various sources that are good reading. Some delve into Thermodynamics, Biology and Paleontology. Here are the links.

emporium.turnpike.net...

www.godandscience.org...

globalflood.org...

www.answersingenesis.org...

www.endeav.org...

Lots of material there and it is all very recent.
Enjoy

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join