It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Missile test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
New to the forum, hello all
Been reading around here for awhile and I'm surprised this isn't a hot topic:
North Korea preparing for missile test

I think this warrants discussion when put in perspective with two other events that are set to take place June 19th:
4,000 government workers head to bunkers
and
The largest gathering of flattops for an exercise in the Pacific

the latter have been discussed on the "nuke attack on June 19th" thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I didn't post this there because that thread went off topic and quickly to garbage.
I'm not making any claims, but I would like to see your opinion on the matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
hey aecreate I'm new here too

Woke up this morning and checked the news and the first thing I thought when I read the story below was .... "American officals are going into bunkers in the next few days and something major could really happen" (coincidence???). I am concerned now and I don't think it is a coincidence.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now would probably be a good time to go shopping for essencials before the panic sets in, stock up on water, batteries, radio and clothing.

I'll be watching closely.... think everyone else should too!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Isn't it strange that CNN doesn't report a thing about the Missile test of N.Korea ?
I think it has to be a 'surprise' for the most civilians in America and the World , a sort of 9/11 to attack N.Korea...

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Theres a related article here on Yahoo news...

link

CX.

[edit: shortened link]

[edit on 6/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
why hasnt it broken on the wolrd cup yet this is a strange how long will it take to reach cuba or the coast 24 hours maybey so it will hit it on the 19th if its lounched on sunday morning

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
cnews resource

My opinion is that they are going to launce on the 19th, the day that our officials will be in bunkers for emergency drills. I'd bet if it happens it will be monday

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Whilst we are on the subject of N. Korea reaching the US with a missile, could anyone tell me if this news article has any truth to it? It's about 3 years old and refers to a N. Korean warhead being found in Alaska after a missile test.

NK warhead found in Alaska

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's interesting how the N. Koreans are now denying the preperations, even after satellite photos supposedly show the movement

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Could the U.S. just be saying it is a test knowing all along it's not? I mean what makes this a test as opposed to an act of war? The way I see it, if North Korea even gets close to the U.S. with their missle we should bomb the carp out of them, or at least teach them a lesson they won't soon forget. If we do nothing to NK forthis and continue to harass the Milddle East for what they do. It just doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The US government Has warn them, as of yesterday. It was all over the new today. It will be considered a hostile act and it will further themselves from the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
The US government Has warn them, as of yesterday. It was all over the new today. It will be considered a hostile act and it will further themselves from the rest of the world.

That's all they will do? Consider it a hostile act and further NK from the rest of the world community. Well, I hate to say it but NK is about as far away from the community as one can get. And, after lobbing a missle at the U.S. I hope we would do more than just Consider it a hostile act.

I want to see the U.S. lob one back. I don't care if it hits off the coast of the most desolate part of Alaska. If it hits in U.S. waters It sould be an act of war. And should not be tolerated what so ever.

Am I wrong in this opinion?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A person is never wrong in there opinion. They are only wrong when they refuse to look at other peoples opinions.

Consider what they are thinking and come to a meaningful ending.

Frankly we have not the ground troops to do any more than what we are. Everything isn't as peachy keen as one might think. We have Iran, China, NK, and Iraq... An Air force can only do so much... Our bark has to be bigger than our bite. IMO

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
A person is never wrong in there opinion. They are only wrong when they refuse to look at other peoples opinions.

Consider what they are thinking and come to a meaningful ending.

Frankly we have not the ground troops to do any more than what we are. Everything isn't as peachy keen as one might think. We have Iran, China, NK, and Iraq... An Air force can only do so much... Our bark has to be bigger than our bite. IMO

In a Korean War 2 Scenario, especially one where the US appears to be on the defensive, we dont need a whole load of ground troops. if anyinthing the first move the US would make in such a war would probably be to take out NK atrillery aimed at Seoul, and other citied across the border and others sighted in on US and SK military facilities. Albeit, using tactical nukes if necessary due to the incredibly large stock of artillery the N. Koreans have sighted into South Korea. While using tac. nukes is a drastic step, it would save many lives in the end by preventing NK the opportunity to level a city the size Seoul.

There are 37,000 US Troops in SK right now(all branches). The N. Koreans may have around 500.000 troops at the border, but they do not have the ablility to sustain an offensive. S. Korea can with US help. Many of the tanks NK has date back to the Korean War(yes that means over 50 years old; the T-55, T-62(1960's), PT-76 ect). These tanks dont stand a chance on the modern battlefield. The only thing the US and SK have to worry about from NK if this should ever happen, is artillery and artillery rockets, of which NK has an immense amount of

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
cnews resource

My opinion is that they are going to launce on the 19th, the day that our officials will be in bunkers for emergency drills. I'd bet if it happens it will be monday

Oops I misunderstood your post. Edited.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by opensecret1150]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why not use the airborn laser, or ground based lasers to sabotage their missile test? That might make them think twice about "test firing" missiles in our direction.

I sure hope the military has thought of this. It would be the best way to flex our military might against North korea each and everytime they decide to test an intercontinental missile.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think someone might of said this in some form, but i'll just say it in simple words. Maybe this so call "TEST FIRE" isn't really a test at all but an attack.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Spooky report from CNN. Looking at my clock, we're talking about 1/2 hour from now...

Japan's conservative daily Sankei reported that the North Korean government has ordered its people to raise the national flag at 2 p.m. Sunday (5 a.m. GMT) and to watch a state message on television in the late afternoon.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
And the plot thickens...

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
WOW...I just read the artical from CNN.com.

That does make the whole situation seem alot worse.

What if they really do attack us while we all think it's a test?

Between this and all the gov't officals going in to bunkers on the 19th,

I just don't have a good feeling about this.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
NK isnt concerned with threats from the US, if there was a military response, they realise the anti-war lobby wouldnt allow any action to be taken against them. So what do they have to worry about?

I would think they would be doing us a favor if they lobbed a nuke on los angeles or san franciso.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join