It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Predictions of How/Why The End Will Come

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
He must owe billions of children child support I guess. God must be a dead beat dad. Just a joke. No offense, but I was just watching Superman Returns.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
What do you mean ??? I stated what is was... just because I didn't label the sentence....

"!!!!!PREDICTION HERE!!!!!!!! ->"

The destruction of the flesh.... The end of this place as it is... Consumed in Fire.. Purified.. and the Dross be burned and the Gold within Shall become manifest...

Doesn't the bible say... "Created in OUR image and OUR likeness" ??

it isn't Whats inside of us that is evil... its our flesh that causes us to sin...

[edit on 17/6/06 by dnero6911]

Well first and foremost my friend you are using the Bible as a reference but missusing it. The reason it says "let us" is becuase GOD is 3-1 the GODHEAD of the Father the Son(jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit. They are one they are three, they always were and for ever shallbe. God has no beginning and he has no end, this is the doctrine that THE BIBLE teaches nothing to do with your attempt to lead others astray.

Secondly we are completley dead in spirit and in flesh. There is nothing good in us that we would choose GOd.God according to His Sovereign Grace & Will, and for His own purposes, has chosen, elected, those who will receive salvation. That without Election, an act of Mercy, Love, on God's part, man will reap the fruits of his corruption and depravity, which is eternal damnation you have no other choice. There is no good within yourself or there would be no need for a Savior.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well until you've read everything I've read, you might think so... and because someone told you this information without you figuring it out on your own, you'll deem it unnecessary until the correct time.. and then it'll come and smack you on the butt..

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
The reason it says "let us" is becuase GOD is 3-1 the GODHEAD of the Father the Son(jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit. They are one they are three, they always were and for ever shallbe.

No. The 3 in 1 godhead idea is a Romanized misrepresentation of the word 'Elohim.'
A plural word, true--but not defined as to any number, at any time, in the OT--and it is apparent that this is a united group of 'magistrates' or 'captains'--and so can be understood as God almighty, too. Defining them into specific entities (without instructions to do so) is against the 'no other Gods' commandment. In Isaiah, it says 'I the LORD, beside me, no other.'

The trinity doctrine states that those three are 3 different 'persons' who are equal. That makes other Gods beside one--and muddies the heirarchy--causing many to worship the 'messenger of the covenant' as God, but in that role, he wasn't God--so it's idolatry, either worshipping a man or an angel. On the other side, he is the LORD God, but on Earth he was a man. That is 'creation' not 'creator.'

Those pre-packaged ideas of God are man-made, not spirit-inspired.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I always thought of the holy trinity being Protons, Electrons, and Neutrons.
Or the Sun, Planet and moon.

The end will come when god decides our race is no longer needed in it's present form. Maybe we must create the new future inhabitants of our planet with stem cells or supercomputers. Perhaps in order to unite as a world, we must forget petty terrestrial issues and form a one world gov't. But why can't this happen without ww3 ? Economics has taken over our lives, and if anything human production could be much more advanced than it is now.

The ISS is years behind schedule. Stanley Kubrick's 2001 space odyssey depicted humans travelling in small space ships all the way to jupiter in 2001 ! Man, we can't even finish the ISS ! For some reason, in order to improve in technology that does not involve consumerism, we must reset the world. I think that time is coming real soon.

[edit on 7/8/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
[edit on 7/8/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

I'm not so sure that would be the proper definition.... I'm not saying your wrong, but the micro/macro -cosms work in so many directions its hard to say that those assumptions are correct, right? Because there are lots of groups of 3(three) that we could say are also the trinity.. If you follow what I mean, I would have to say anything associated with this place (earth, this universe, physicalities, forms etc..) is NOT what the holy trinity is, I believe it's very fleeting, hard to explain as a definite... because it works within us on so many levels... although I do believe there would be one way to describe it perfectly.. and yes one correct "assumption" I'm just not sure yours is the correct one. no offense whatsoever

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
None taken . I agree, I don't believe it because we are all agnostics. But it's plausible enough. I just think that people wonder what god is and they automatically think god is a higher being. I believe we must break life down to figure out god. We must break down life to it's simple form or forms.

The atom, to me...is a big part of god. So the holy trinity for me is the Proton, Electron and Neutron.

Another questions comes to mind. Can we equate good and evil to the properties of the atom? Plausible...thats all.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
the end will come in the aeons-long hush of entropy. the end will come when the last electron has fallen into a place of zero potentiality.

silence, cold, and darkness will take the universe, forever.

by that point, not even God will be up to getting things back on track.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sorry, I had a rather ugly post directed towards queenannie. Idecided to edit it out, but annie your 100% wrong about the TRINITY. I will show you throughout history, and through Scriptures were your flaws in this particular subject of theology are.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Scyman]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
nah foo, you be thinking too much. go play some world of war craft:w:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinabean

Is there anything useful you can add to a thread? This is 3 out of 3 threads in a row I viewed, that you post this bit about WoW - and nothing else.

NN

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik

Is there anything useful you can add to a thread? This is 3 out of 3 threads in a row I viewed, that you post this bit about WoW - and nothing else.

NN

You just did absolutely no better by making that reply..

Any how.. I would just like to say, if theres anyone out there would could make a visual representation of the gnostic scriptures in the nag hammadi library specifically the Origin of the World and The Apocraphon of James I believe.. it would most likely be very useful.. (This isn't an invitation to make your halarious little paintshop pictures)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No, what I did is useful in that the user was informed, be it by a mod or another member, that his posts are sensless, and a clutter to a thread.

Another member has just done the same thing in one of the other threads.

If someone is degrading something that's in a scenario I am in, I call them on it. And yes, I'm this way in RT a well, never have been passive.

NN

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik

NN

Any how.. I would just like to say, if theres anyone out there would could make a visual representation of the gnostic scriptures in the nag hammadi library specifically the Origin of the World and The Apocraphon of James I believe.. it would most likely be very useful.. (This isn't an invitation to make your halarious little paintshop pictures)

someone send me links to this agnostic scripture. Ill come up with something.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well this is the link to all of them, in alphabetical order..

www.gnosis.org...

and these are the ones that are most popular

www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...
www.gnosis.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Acutally, I tried this once!
'Before' and 'After' the 7th heaven reformation (or whatever you want to call it).

Thing is, I'm a logical person and I can usually take my left brain thoughts and express them in a right brain fashion (am I ambi-cerebral?
) but it doesn't come out!

I don't think it can be drawn, actually. But I'm eager to see if someone else can--just because I couldn't doesn't mean it can't be done. I did labor over it quite a bit before I gave it up.

I can't remember what the problem I had was....either not complete information (in the texts you mention dnero) or else there was a conflict for space. I've got it on a disk somewhere, I ought to search it out.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

Yes! A positive (or donor) and a negative (or receptor) and a catalyst or stabilizer (depending on the nature of the first two).

It's not quite the same dynamics as the atom, but the idea is the same--two of them cancel each other out, or neutralize and stagnate together, and so there must be a third added into the mix. Something to get things going. In the end, somehow, the three end up forming a triangle---two bases on the bottom and the point on top.

These are just my thoughts, for a demonstration of how I see this.

Here are a few examples of how I see the 'triple dynamic' working in the biblical narrative:

• Adam, Eve, Snake
  • Abraham, Sarah, Hagar
  • Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac
  • Jacob, Leah, Rachel
  • 10 Brothers, Jacob, Joseph
  • Joseph (as Vizier), 10 brothers, Benjamin
  • Moses, Aaron, Miriam
  • Eli, his 2 sons, Samuel
  • Saul, Jonathon, David
  • Yehoshua, Miriam, Judas Iscariot

Each time, the first two were relatively in a state of equilibrium, by which I mean not so much total of equal 'weight' but balanced and 'at rest.' The third introduces something new into the mix and then stuff happens.

It breaks it up, also, to where there is no arbitrary 'right' or 'wrong', too--and so dogmatic condemnation or approval must be reconsidered by the thoughtful soul.

In the end, it becomes clear that the third was needed in order to advance to the next generation.

And that the action might seem 'destructive' or 'bad,' but in the end, the outcome gives rise to the saying 'the end justifies the means.'

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Two ways of understanding straight to the point:

From link supplied above:

Now the production of the instructor came about as follows. When Sophia let fall a droplet of light, it flowed onto the water, and immediately a human being appeared, being androgynous. That droplet she molded first as a female body. Afterwards, using the body she molded it in the likeness of the mother, which had appeared. And he finished it in twelve months. An androgynous human being was produced, whom the Greeks call Hermaphrodites; and whose mother the Hebrews call Eve of Life (Zoe), namely, the female instructor of life. Her offspring is the creature that is lord. Afterwards, the authorities called it "Beast", so that it might lead astray their modelled creatures. The interpretation of "the beast" is "the instructor". For it was found to be the wisest of all beings.

How can the beast and lord be mention as one in the same? The study of a phoenix could be an easy answer. The Beast will smite only for you to smite it in the end? Ever notice the difference of people in a country that has been through extreme war? Germany/Japan? Notice a huge difference of the people today from pre-war? Look at this in a biblical sense. Yes Hitler was a fool but it did have positive effect, did it not? I guess in the world there are many products from bugs to beasts which will all cary purpose or influence on us but I guess it comes down to understanding the nature of it rather than it being forced upon us.

Now from Wiki's description of selfish gene (book)

"Selfish" genes

Describing genes with the term "selfish" is not meant to imply that they have actual motives or will – only that their effects can be accurately described as if they do. The contention is that the genes that get passed on are the ones whose consequences serve their own implicit interests, not necessarily those of the organism, much less any larger level. Some people find this metaphor entirely clear, while others find it confusing, misleading or simply redundant to ascribe mental attributes to something that is mindless.

These examples might suggest that there is a power-struggle between genes and their host. In fact, the claim is that there isn't much of a struggle because the genes usually win without a fight. Only if the organism becomes intelligent enough to understand its own interests, as distinct from those of its genes, can there be true conflict. An example of this would be a person deciding not to breed because they'd be miserable raising children, even though their genes lose out due to this decision.

Prior to the 1960s, it was common for such behaviour to be explained in terms of group selection, where the benefits to the organism or even population were supposed to account for the popularity of the genes responsible for the tendency towards that behaviour. This was shown not to be an evolutionarily stable strategy, in that it would only take a single individual with a tendency towards more selfish behaviour to undermine a population otherwise filled only with the gene for altruism towards non-kin.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That's very insightful--both about the phoenix and the selfish gene.

I tend to think of it as 'givers' and 'takers,' with one being a positive force and the other a negative. Their manifestation in one's personal energy is perceived as 'loving/lovely' or 'evil/cold-hearted.'

Self-orientation is something we are all born with--it is a necessary starting point for human life, as it is the backbone of our early survival and growth; not necessarily physical but emotionally and mentally--we must form a 'self.' At some point in time, though, if we retain that self-orientation instead of evolving a more mature perspective which manifests as empathy, compassion, and generosity (also courtesy and respect) toward other people, then we become selfish, egocentric/egotistical, and eventually cold, miserable, and bitter within. On the outside, to others we might appear as sad and lonely or a grouchy hermit. Being a taker works a person toward the fringes of community and family, and eventually outside of it altogether.

Maybe that is a natural mechanism which works toward keeping the 'selfish gene' on the decline instead of increasing. These days, the world is very populated and it seems, to me, that there are two extremes manifesting: extreme giving and taking on both sides. I guess it is the logical conclusions of the mathematics that bring us to the apocalyptic rupture point....

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is a fascinating topic that I have only begun to study very recently. I purchased a book based on selfish thoughts and holistic thinking.

Ive learned that to be a "self " as we see it, is to know what is good for you. Recognizing food, avoiding danger and knowing the difference between what is part of you and what is not are elementary skills that aany aspiring life form must have. Queen annie hit it on the button. We need individualism to survive. We label everything by dividing the world and placing things in categories. Including ourselves. We all have the same conscience. When I speak to people, I speak to the spirit. Therefore, the same person all the time.

At the far end of the scale from genes, we can see evolution as being a general, unpremeditated drift toward higher and higher levels of self awareness. The more clearly an organism sees itself in the internal world it builds, the better are its chances of outwitting and outguessing its competitors.

We have a sense of self, of being a particular, permanent focus of being. Our experience is powerfully " I " centered. But we all have the inner voice which I consider the lord. The lord unifies. It unites us and proves that we all have the same concience. When we look past our unique properties, we all must realize that we are a collective conscience. But only connected people are in tune with the lord.

Hitler said the world was overpopulated with disconnected people who become slaves to their own enviornment like reptiles. Reptiles have the very same brain stem we do. But thats it. Their brain is equivalent to our brain stem. The reptile's sensory world is centered mainly on vision. But unlike our own visual system which allows us to interpret and manipulate and conjecture about what we see, a reptile relies solely on instincts to survive. It's basically an automated creature. A slave to it's environment.

Therefore, Hitler had this "god complex" where he thought some humans were actually equivalent to insects. Hitler preyed on the weak. This my friends was his biggest flaw and it's why he is an evil man. You dont prey on the weak. You teach them, and hope they discover themselves through their own consciousness. If one does not think often, how will they hear the inner voice? Some people have too many distractions, and if the worlds population consisted of connected souls, then the world would be a much better place.

Then end will come to reset intelligent evolution. Intelligence is infinite as we all know, and once a species has adapted to a particular niche, it wont evolve further unless fresh demands are placed on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join