It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent Pics of NK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
outside source

EXCELLENT collection of pics w/commentary.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I guess you didn't take these images considering the link?

What exactly is the purpose of this thread? Forgive me, but i like the images, but i cannot fathom what this is meant to be about.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Very interesting pictures, I found the walls to hide the shanty housing the most interesting.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't get it either. Nothing in those pics looks paricularly bad to me. I could show worse in my own city. But going by the comments people seem to think it's oh so bad, they must live in penthouses and own 2 cars or something.

Half the captions were or could be misleading. Like construction on a hotel was stopped, but no explanation why?

I'm not saying things aren't bad there, but I've seen worse than that in Europe and the U.S.

Lack of cars, well it's not a rich country and probably wouldn't be no matter what their political or financial stance is.

Ppl peeing in public, see that here all the time, unfortunately. Walk around downtown San Francisco in the summer, smells worse than any place I've ever been to.
At least the guy wasn't peeing on a mail box I have to use, or a store doorway.

It's funny how ppl see only the negatives in other countries, but can't recognize the negatives in their own country, even when they are pointed out to them.

I wish I had a camera, but unfortunatley I can't afford one. (But I thought everyone in America was rich
...)

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I appreciated the photos, thanks
The rarity of images coming out of North Korea make them worth having a look regardless of content.

[edit on 18/6/06 by subz]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I can see the point of these pictures, it shows their communist leader, I hate the North Koreans, and I hope we wipe them out of existance as soon as possible... and for those that have to have a reason, well could you imagine having a picture or statue or some type of monument of george bush everywhere you went?/ And being forced to join the Military?? And not only that but be so shielded and isolated from the outside world, well all I got to say is that is no way to live, "I would rather be poor in America, than be an "equal" in North Korea".... HA HA

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Shot Without Warning

Originally posted by NoWarningShots
I hate the North Koreans, and I hope we wipe them out of existance as soon as possible...

Everything else in your post points out why we should pity them, not want to kill them all.

Maybe instead of genocide, there's a better way to settle this?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Excellent photos Majestic. Thanks for the link.

Anyone else find the picture of the beach with the electrified barbed-wire interesting?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Anyone else find the picture of the beach with the electrified barbed-wire interesting?

Yes but I also found lots of pictures of the beach with NO electrified barbed-wire interesting.

It is only an assumption that the barbed wire is for any sinister reason.
Maybe it's to keep cattle, or something, off the beach?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Excellent link to some rare pics, thanks

There was a documentary some time ago on UK TV featuring covert footage and it really showed the harsh reality in North Korea - big empty factories, starving people and the forced obedience to Kim Jong-il

I felt really sorry for the civilian population after watching it. They don't need 'wiping out', they need their leaders to end the country's isolation from the rest of the world

Thanks again

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First off, I would like to say thanks to MajesticJax giving us the link to the pics!

North Korea's isolation from the rest of the world is something that makes NK different from many other countries..I have a friend who came from South Korea, and even though he disagrees with NK policies in how they run their country, he is conflicted on how he percieves if NK's isolation is a "bad" thing or a good thing, in consideration with Globalization and such if it was deisolated.

I personally think that them being an isolated country is somewhat of a valuable asset, in the sense that they run their own country, not any outside forces.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I found this fascinating! Thanks so much for the link. It's like an isolated world right here on Earth. Very interesting!

And I agree wholeheartedly that while there are negatives to being in isolation, there are certainly advantages...

top topics

join