It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ulpoads request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
hi - would it be possible to unblock the uploading of " google earth " .KMZ file extensions ??

at the moment only ceratin graphics files and .PDF are allowed

the arguements for allowing members to upload thier .KMZ files are simple

1 -- they are the easiest and fastest way of sharing finds on google earth - allowing members to verify and crss reference finds and claims using GE data

2 -- they are tiny files [ av size 4 kb ] so ATS servers would hardly be swamped by uploads

thats all really -- GE is a wonderful tool for ATS members -- and allowing easirer sharing of co ordinates of interest should be encouraged

so unless there is a compelling technical or security issue which would make this a nightmare for SKEPTIC OVERLORD can we have it considered ?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's just as easy to enter the coordinates, imo.

I think SO has way too many other things to tackle first.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Co-ordinates are a hassle. They're usually wrong or off or whatever. I just use imageshack, but if the uploads centre started supporting .kmz extensions that would be great.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I also agree that the uploading of KMZ files would make things allot better and easier.

Using coards is OK but they can be wrong and sometimes unless written properly wont work.

Nice idea ape.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
No, this would be wrong. Google Earth should conform to ATS - not the other way around. How dare they make up their own file extension/format and expect the rest of us to have to accomodate it?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
No, this would be wrong. Google Earth should conform to ATS - not the other way around. How dare they make up their own file extension/format and expect the rest of us to have to accomodate it?

ROFLMAO -- yeah , ATS uber alles

unfortunatly , we have already set a precedent by " accepting " the file extensions that adobe and others have previously " imposed " on the world

it would be best just to accept .KMZ and be done with it - lol

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
unfortunatly , we have already set a precedent by " accepting " the file extensions that adobe and others have previously " imposed " on the world

Good point, and by the way, when will they run out of unique thre letter extensions, anyway.

I noticed there are many different programs using duplicate extensions that are not related, to one another. Sounds like a big conspiracy to me.

[edit on 6/18/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join