It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambulance being sent out for several sick passangers on an incoming continental flight!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Makes me wonder *if* and *how* these rules were applied...

ATS.F: CDC's Proposed Quarantine Rules

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The symptoms look similar to Rat poison...

hope the terrorists haven't figured out a way to weaponize it into an aerosol...

Officials said the passengers complained of abdominal pain, nausea and dehydration.

Kinda weak symptoms to redirect and land a plane for, unless they were REALLY dehydrated, and Nauseated

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hummmm
being stopped in mexico...

Another plane was forced to make a emergency stop in mexico recently...
It had 5.5 tons in coc aine on board

I dont suppose that these people could have been slipped a nausea drug, in order to give a better cover for an emergency landing...
one that enabled some illegal items to be unloaded, before the plane was allowed to continue?

Damn tinfoil hat is on the frizz again...
sorry for the rabbit trail...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I doubt very much that Mexico would allow something thats extremely contagious to land. If it was something bad they would have told them to continue to America. More then likely its food poisoning or something silly and nothing thats deathly infectious.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
thats for contributing to my thread guys. i thought this was really wierd when i first saw it. and good observations Valhal!

i went on the houston news site where i originally got the story from that was linked to the drudge report and there is nothing new...seems wierd that they wouldnt be keeping on top of this.

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If its such a dramatic event, why havent i heard it on any of the news stations on tv?

This stinks.

BTW, i dont see it posted at Drudge Report either...

[edit on 16-6-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
yea it was on there earlier DG. this morning at around 1:00pm central time. that is how i got the link to the houston news site.

Drudge refreshes his page like every hour or so and your right i just went on there and nothing was there anymore. its in the archives though. there are things in the news because myself and several other people have posted links in the thread. we arent saying it is some huge conspiracy just wierd thats all..to have 2 events happen like this so close together.

Cheerio!
Digitalgrl

p.s here is the link to the Drudge report Archives Dgtempe...its the the first 2 at the top. hope this helps.

DRUDGE ARCHIVE SHOWING ARTICLE POSTING

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I got it, thanks!

Wonder why it went to the archives so quick? It doesnt matter. I'm all questions today

Next drama, tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
yea the drudge archives things like every hour to make room for more things. and since the doctors still dont know what these people have...everyone is all questions today too lol. its always good to be skeptical though. questions are necessary. i love waking up in the moring to a new "we are all going to die" scenario dont you?
watch these people all just have like diahrrea or something...wouldnt that be embarresing to have posted on the news about you.

Kind Regards,
digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The passengers are not id'd and could as well be Peruvians as any nationality. Mexico is on the pathway to a turn around back to Peru and while the airline was determining where to land with them, perhaps their sicknesses worsened and the authorities got permission to land in Mexico. What would you do if you had undetermined illnesses aboard and didn't quite know what the illness was? Bring them on in to Houston and risk spreading the unknown illness in the states? Or take them home? If they landed in Mexico, Mexico must be willing to pay the price if there is one to pay. You don't just divert an airliner to Mexico at will, after all.

Sometimes the avid leap to paranoia here on this forum just doesn't play.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Some of these airports have very long immigration lines, and waiting times to go with them. Ever try to get a drink in an airport without paying an arm and a leg or losing your place in line? The price can be very cost prohibitive, unless you bring your own. That could account for the dehydration if the nausea was accompanied with heavy vomiting. Best to get the victims to the nearest medical facility. That would be the pilots call?

Originally posted by loam
The diversion to Mexico is very odd.

Odd indeed. If they did s divert to Mexico, why were the passengers still with the flight when it landed in Houston? Must not have been that ill? Or were they American citizens, and not Peruvian?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Or there was a mechanical problem with the plane that caused the diversion, and the people had something to drink (water) in Mexico and got sick. If you have a mechanical, you land at the nearest airport. In a lot of cases they let you off the plane into the gate area, and they'll provide refreshements.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They could not have been that sick to let them go with the plane?
So why stop in Mexico?
Picking up or dropping of?
They may have been worried that it was a chemical attack?
so give it to Mexico

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, like I said in the post just above yours. There could have been a problem with the plane, so they stopped in Mexico. That would explain why they stopped, and why they were so late. You DON'T take chances with a problem in flight, and you get the plane on the ground right away. It's entirely possible that the people WEREN'T sick when they were in Mexico and got sick after they were in the air again. My cousin and I took a trip recently, when she went to bed at 11pm she was just fine and felt great. An hour later she was so horribly sick that after a couple of hours she woke me up and told me to take her to the ER. These things can hit you FAST.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A few observations:

The fact that a group of six missionaries (who ate the same things and traveled together) got sick makes sense. They certainly could have caught something, but I'm thinking that food poisoning of some sort is a more likely scenario. People have different levels of resistance to germs (I'm resistant to smallpox, for instance (yes, really. I have been innoculated many times and never form the scar. That's a sign that you're immune to it.)) So if it was flu/etc, it's very unlikely that ALL of them would come down sick within a few hours of each other.

The sole exception I can think of offhand is Marburg virus (which has affected cruise ships.) And we don't know where they were before or who they contacted.

However, the odds are boosted just a little bit by the effects of a long transcontinental flight. www.pacificislandtravel.com...

It's not an environmental poison (something in the air of the plane) because more would be ill with this. So a group of travelers coming down with the same thing within a few hours points more to food poisoning than anything else.

The 'diverting to Mexico' probably means that one of them was extremely ill (nonstop vomiting) and had another health problem (heart condition.)

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Um, geography is not my strong suit, so I looked at this map:

www.lib.utexas.edu...

It looks to me like if you are flying from anywhere in Peru to Houston, you must fly over Mexico.

Why does anyone think it is strange to have stopped in Mexico if someone on board becomes sick. The pilots would make the decision to stop at the nearest airport that is near a medical facility. It would seem that when the people became sick the plane happened to be over Mexico.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
what was it that they served for dinner?
well, we had a choice of chicken or fish

that's right, I had the lasagna.

Shirley, you must be kidding.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Is Mexico part of the united states? Because if it isn't someone probaly told the pilots to fly there sso it dosn't affect US soil. When I went on holiday to Tennerife once, whilst I was there I felt fine but on the plane I felt awful, being sick, coughing, other people were the same. Lol, back in the good old Uk, me and my mum are waiting for a freind to pick us up from the airport terminal and a janitor just cleaned the floors. I suddenly through up without warning and the janitor had to clean the floor again.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The 'diverting to Mexico' probably means that one of them was extremely ill (nonstop vomiting) and had another health problem (heart condition.)

Or one of the sick passengers was diabetic and the non-stop vomiting put him/her into a diabetic coma. I know, it's happened to me twice where I ended up in the ICU. Each time though, the vomiting was attributed to the symptom of a heart attack, more common to women than the usual chest pain/tightening and shortness of breath.

Not to suggest that six passengers were experiencing simultaneous heart attacks, but like Byrd said, "the 'diverting to Mexico' probably means that one of them was extremely ill".

What's funny about this is that the first time this happened to me, I thought my kid had undercooked the chicken. I had asked him to cook dinner that night, some chicken breast I had left out thawing on the counter--what you're NOT supposed to do when defrosting meats from the freezer. And I distinctly remember taking a bite, seeing pink and sending it back for more stove time. After a day and a half of nonstop vomiting and severe dehydration he saved my life by taking me to the ER. Every medical professional insisted though that it was not the chicken, it was a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
One thing that needs to be considered is that because of the pressure differential, the air in tha cabin of an airliner is very dry and absorbes moisture quite readily. If someone has the flu or other illness where dehydration is a factor, the symptoms can be amplified during a long flight. Another thing that the pressure differential can affect is any air or gas trapped in the digestive tract. This can cause cramping, bloating and other problems. It is entirely possible that once the plane was on the ground in Mexico the symptoms reverted to normal, allowing these people to continue their flight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join