It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Death Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok, I am speechless on this one, I don't know if I should applaud this new Urban Assault Vehicle (remember the movie Stripes with Dan Akroid and John Candy)
or be outraged that a civilized country would even consider such an option for the ultimate crime. This is scary !

"Quote from Amnesty Int."

"Amnesty International said in a report in April that huge profits from the sale of prisoners' organs might be part of why China refuses to consider doing away with the death penalty".

"Given the high commercial value of organs, it is doubtful the new regulations will have an effect," Allison says.

"By Calum MacLeod, USA TODAY"

China makes the ultimate punishment mobile

VAN SPECS

Cost: $37,500 to $75,000, depending on vehicle's size
Length: 20 to 26 feet
Top speed: 65 to 80 mph

THREE SECTIONS

Execution chamber: in the back, with blacked-out windows; seats beside the stretcher for a court doctor and guards; sterilizer for injection equipment; wash basin

Observation area: in the middle, with a glass window separating it from execution area; can accommodate six people; official-in-charge oversees the execution through monitors connected to the prisoner and gives instruction via walkie-talkie.
Driver area

Production to date: at least 40 vehicles, made by Jinguan and two other companies in Jiangsu and Shandong provinces.

link to story with pics.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
yeee-aahhhhh......

at least they sterilize the needles!

*slaps head*

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Very interesting, but I wonder why a country would need a mobile execution chamber. Are there really that many executions occuring in China. Wait, maybe...

The country that executed more than four times as many convicts as the rest of the world combined last year....

Source (same as original poster's)

I also wonder if the move from death by gunshot to death by lethal injection was really done to appease the international community.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I apologize about the content in this article, it’s kind of gruesome when you stop and think about what China is up to in regards to it’s condemned prisoners.

Basically if you commit a major felony type of crime in China and you are found guilty of this crime, you pay the ultimate price.

They, the Communist send the death bus to your home town, they pull you out of prison, prep you and film the process of your execution, review the film of the execution and then sell your body parts to the highest bidder!

I have always been a supported of recycling, but this is taking things just a little to far.

I just wonder if they get rid of their political prisoners the same way.

I guess Jack Bauer from 24 had better escape before the bus arrives !

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The chinese people should be so proud...
This death van is so efficient, so clean, so modern... and so cold blooded
but hey, so is the death penalty...

but in an imperfect world, the death penalty is a last resort... and it helps...

I must say though... that many murders doesn't seem to really put a dent in the actual crime rate... still goes up every year...
china leaders ordered to lie about crime rate increase.

Maybe they need to look at the system, and see if they are convicting people of victimless crimes that ought to be decriminalized.

I wonder if they get overcrowded prisons, do they just kill off the ones that have been in the longest, kinda like at the animal shelter?

As far as the organ market goes... I would think that tissue rejection goes way up, when you find out your kidney came from a pedophile, or rapist...

Wonder if they tell the reciepient...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah this one floored me. I just couldn't believe it. I heard it on CNN this morning and the moment they mentioned how fast and efficient it is it just gave me the willies big time.

The chinese people should be so proud...

And you know Jack kervorkian is so totally jealous.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
As far as the organ market goes... I would think that tissue rejection goes way up, when you find out your kidney came from a pedophile, or rapist...

In an unusual cultural thing, there are many Chinese that would have no problem with it.

They see it as the person giving back to society and contibuting towards his/her upkeep costs while in prison. Many (myself not included) would find it wasteful to not use the organs.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am just so glad that the chinese people are dealing with their population problem, or else it would be:

Soilent green to feed the masses, and
"Birth cars" that could deliver children in effiecient rapid fire succession.

But my, aren't they are ambitious buggers...

new topics

top topics

join