It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to protect myself from the emotions of others? I don't know why, but everytime I am around people I seem to pick up their emotions - sounds crazy yes? Well I feel like I am crazy from this, but if someone I am conversing with is angry, I become angry, if someone is sad I become sad, if someone is happy, I become happy, etc, etc - I want to remain serine when I with people, I don't want to pick up their emotions like a sponge, I want to retain my own individual personality / emotion.

This problem is starting to become dangerous for me, just the other night I was out with some friends and a guy was in the same area who was very aggressive - Some friends were trying to calm him down and he was the center of our attention for awhile and it happened - I become like him... and we started to fist fight and due to the fact that I cannot fight and he could do so very well, I ended up getting hurt quite bad
I am not like this though, I detest violence, but at that moment I become just like him, full of aggressive confidence, but without out any of his skill....

Does anyone have any information on this? Is it normal for people to pick up on the emotions of others? I really want to know how to block this kind of thing...

Thanks for any information you can give me.

-SB

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Amazing how these things come along when you really need them...

What the beep?

A great insight into ourselves and our emotions

-SB

join