It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan delegation returning from a 10-day visit to Gitmo: "humane" And “OK”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There we have it folks: PROOF that Gitmo is not much different than any other prison or detainment facility in the world.

The delegation spent 10 days there and they were able to speak to ALL 96 Afghan prisoners and only “one or two” complained about conditions.

So what does this mean? Let’s break it down:

Real live Afghani’s speaking to the real live Afghani prisoners at Gitmo witnessed nothing but humane conditions and only heard a couple of complaints.

So now we have it, ABSOLUE and definitive FACT that there is nothing amiss at Gitmo.

Clu b Gitmo

And go ahead and question the source, its AP.

KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan delegation returning from a 10-day visit to the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay said Wednesday that prison conditions there were "humane."

The head of the delegation, Abdul Jabar Sabhet of the Interior Ministry, said the delegation was given the chance to speak freely with all 96 Afghan prisoners about their living conditions. Sabhet said there were "only one or two" complaints.

"Conditions of the jail was humane. There were rumors in this country about that. It was wrong. What we have seen was OK," he said.

Just another case of anti USA propaganda squashed with the truth

[edit on 16-6-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Lets see........you will hear from others......

1. The US threatened the prisoners ahead of time
2. You mean the US PUPPETS!!!
3. The source is biased!

etc...........

[edit on 16-6-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
what if those people were threatened that if they compained, something bad would happen to them? or their families?

the above statement is just a what if. Chances are, that there is nothing going on in there that is not "normal."

But this does present a very strong arguement to those that oppose Gitmo. Anyone who wants Gitmo closed now will have a real uphill battle.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I guess I was wrong........only one other person replied...........

I guess the truth hurts and 'they' can't find an anti-american view with this.......

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
First of all, it would have been perfectly in accordance with the GC to summarily SHOOT THEM, since they were illegal, non-uniformed combatants.

However, given the benevolent nature of America they have been humanly kept as PRISONERS OF WAR, even thought they don’t deserve the designation.

As POW, they will be kept until the conflict ends. If that takes a long time, TS; they could avoided being a POW by not attacking America or American soldiers.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
I guess I was wrong........only one other person replied...........

I guess the truth hurts and 'they' can't find an anti-american view with this.......

I dont have an anti American viewpoint(more like an anti administration viewpoint;Bush Clinton,Bush I, Reagan, hell just about all of them) But that has nothing to do with my loyalty to the constitution. Which, btw, Most administrations are against(since the constitution goes against their quests for power) but thats all another thread.

I was relieved that the people doing the inspecting we at least semi independent(being Afghans) and if there was anything that was out of line they wouldve not hesitated to speak up about it.

So if your going to get some arguements about this it will have to be pretty far fetched indeed-- but we will see.

thanks for your time.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is definitive proof?

"speak freely with all 96 Afghan prisoners about their living conditions"

"Guantanamo — where the U.S. holds about 460 men on suspicion of links to al-Qaida or the Taliban"

96 out of 460 prisoners asked simply about their living conditions is the nail in the coffin to shut the case looking into GITMO?

Skippy, Im sorry, but we have been through this before. This is not definitive proof of anything. If GITMO is "just like any other prison" why is it stationed in a country that the US won't even trade bananas with? Why must we keep this prison in a country that virtually strips any need for accountability on the US's part? Why did three people commit suicide. ? Why has GITMO been in the lime light even before the war on terror in terms of poorly treated prisoners? Why have there been numerous accounts of interrogation tactics used that reach way ouside of the Army manual?

Who comprised this committe in a time when GITMO could really use some face saving? What was the extent of the conversations?

One visit is supposed to erase a history of complaint? Not sure about that.

Things I expect to hear from this post.

1. I am a jihadist because I am clearly anti-American for arguing this point.

I want to make it clear that I am a proud American that wants my country to continue to take the high ground when it comes to POW's, especially when the very barbarism and facism of Islamic Extremists is the very thing we are trying to topple.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
These people are prisoners of war and are treated better than some Americans live. I

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
That's Cute!

"Special Afgan Delegation" can "Investigate" the Club Gitmo -

but Journalists ordered OUT!

Journalists Forced Off Guantanamo

The four were covering the suicides at the island prison. The Pentagon, citing other requests for access, says it's only fair.

Editors at the Los Angeles Times and two other newspapers protested the Pentagon decision to expel their reporters Wednesday from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where the journalists were reporting on the weekend suicides of three prisoners.

Journalists from The Times, the Miami Herald and the Charlotte (N.C.) Observer had received permission from the prison's commander to be at the U.S. facility, where terrorism suspects are held and interrogated. The three reporters and an Observer photographer left the island Wednesday on orders from the Pentagon.

Well I am glad that US Puppet Afgani Goverment envoys CAN still go to Gitmo without problem!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So the Puppeteers allowed the puppets to have a look-see. Why not allow a human rights group or someone not under their thumbs? Thats hardly an independant group.

Pentagon records show desperation at Guantanamo: ACLU
WASHINGTON (AFP) - The Pentagon's own records show inmates were desperate before three committed suicide at a US jail in Guantanamo, a US rights group said, when the papers were made public.

"These documents are the latest evidence of the desperate and immoral conditions that exist at Guantanamo Bay," American Civil Liberties Union Executive Director Anthony Romero said.

"The injustices at Guantanamo (Cuba) need to be remedied before other lives are lost," he said in a statement.

Some 1,000 pages made public include a medical report from April 29, 2003, on a previous suicide attempt with a towel.

The patient was in a "vegetative state" from a brain injury after the hanging, the report said

Source

If you read further down the I got a big kick out of what they said..a state department guy called their suicides a Public Relations Gimmick ahahahaha and the Commander of the base called their suicides An act of war OMG these guys are LOSING IT!

new topics

top topics

join