It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightvision Grey?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I can understand the notion of the Grey within the vicinity of a cemetary, that doesnt bother me. Perhaps it was analysing and observing cultures regarding the burial of the dead, maybe plant life and vegetation. Maybe it had some spiritual connection to one of the buried people.

Perhaps it was just staggering home from a night out and lost it's way!

What raises issues and queries is the fact that if it was indeed fake, why would one model/create such a malnutritioned, thinly based creature?

Furthermore the arms are extremely thin. This raises queries on the dexterity of the entity if it is believed to be real. Alternatively however if it is believed to be fake the modelling required to create such thin arms balanced in the air (the left arms seems to be pivoted in the air) seems a lot of hassle when the 'creator' could of simply put the arms down each side and padded them out, or even blotted them out behind a statue or gravestone.

And Observe, you continue to post as if you have some privy information. Care to explain how you truly know this?

It's really in the balance for me

[edit on 19-6-2006 by kolo_heights]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That's a very interesting point about the arms. When given thought, it would seem for the arms to be that thin (if it were indeed a hoax) they would have to be supported in some way or in a set position. Seeing as they are in the position they are in, I don't see how fake arms that thin could sustain themselves. They look to me as if they are almost blowing in the wind the way the right arm is bent below the elbow. It really is difficult to judge based on this image alone.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
with a camera attached to the night vision goggles, they snapped some shots of the cemetery. I developed the film for them.

Film? Night vision?

I don't think that that would work, strapping a film camera to night vision goggles and getting good images like that.

Also, lets take note of something.

A night vision goggle, it take ambient light and reacts to it, basically enhances it, if I am correct in my understanding.

So why would somethign show up on a night vision goggle, but be invisible in regular moon light?

And if they didn't see the thing while looking through the goggles, but it only came up on film, well, why? The only thing making the image is light coming from the goggles.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
He wasn't hunting in a cemetary because the picture was fake. The only hunting he did was for a good shot to hoax the picture.

It is such an obvious fake I can't beleive everyone doesn't see it.

I couldn't agree more! It looks like a copy/paste job with some night vision filters to cover up detail. It would be fairly easy to replicate in Photoshop.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sit back and close your eyes and think, how do you think I would know?

I will say it is a little bit more then just being a human experiencer.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Sit back and close your eyes and think, how do you think I would know?

I will say it is a little bit more then just being a human experiencer.

And I presume like most abductees and 'enlightened' people you have no physical evidence to back up your claim?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I cant understand how anyone can brand any physical evidence of extra-terrestrial activity as 'obviously fake' when they haven't ever seen a true image. Of course there are exceptions to the rule (where manipulations to an image are blatantly obvious and amateur) but in this case how one can come to that conclusion so adamantly is beyond me.

Anyway I was considering the location of the image. Surely if a person wanted to create a credible hoax they wouldn't do it in a cemetary. A cemetary connotes all such mystical and mythical creatures (ghosts, zombies etc) to a human. It's extremely corny and hollywood while most professional skeptics would for the most part laugh it off. Unless one considers reverse psychology...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Its a hoax to the skeptic and "interesting" to those who want to believe. I am a skeptic, as these submissions of photographic or video "evidence" need to be evaluated scientifically. The whole story is suspicious, night hunting with a camera/night vision, snapping pics in a cemetary, alien taking 5 near a gravestone. And the pic? a cheesy photoshop job. Was is so dark that the husband didn't see this creature so close by to him? His wife had to develop the film first? If he didn't see the creature, how did he avoid walking into the granite headstone? If I was trying to navigate a pitch black cemetary at night, and happened to have nightvision goggles, I sure would be looking through them and be paying attention to what I was looking at in such an obstacle laden area such as a cemetary.

Come on folks, we have to have higher standards than this or it is just too tempting for hoaxers to throw crap at forums like this and see what sticks.

If you believe that greys are lurking in cemetaries, then are you also afraid of being abducted when you go out at night to put out your garbage cans? "Hey Ma, I am putting out the trash, please start looking for me if I am not back in sixty seconds..."

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just to clarify this is the original image. The image I originally showed is most probably a closeup with manipulated light levels.

From the original image I guess its a possibility that the deer hunter didnt see the alien in the moonlight let alone through the nightvision.

You do have to wonder though why the deer hunter was taking random shots of a cemetary.

Eitherway the location of the claim was in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Does anyone know if that area is renound for extra-terrestrial sightings, or has any airbases or government agencies located at it?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This was on the Mexico UFO conference video. Apparently they have analysed the actual image and it's really there. Which leaves two other alternatives, it's real or it's a dummy.

As for the guy taking random shots in the graveyard, apparently he was checking out the capabilities of his new toy.

Google video for "Mexico UFO Conference" and skip to 1 hour 8 minutes and you'll see it on there.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Spock
If you believe that greys are lurking in cemetaries, then are you also afraid of being abducted when you go out at night to put out your garbage cans? "Hey Ma, I am putting out the trash, please start looking for me if I am not back in sixty seconds..."

We are all at this forum as we all want to or have tendencies to believe. Not neccesarily extra-terrestrial activity, but that theres more to this world then empiricism and the government or society we are controlled by.

I dont think anyones suggesting this is image 100% true. However, as a skeptic, just because the image is seemingly 'too good to be true', it doesnt automatically make it fake. Rubbishing a claim off because it doesn't follow human concepts and ideologies of the characteristics of extra-terrestrials is just as narrow-minded as accepting everything you are exposed to. I'm of the opinion that the most outlandish, weirdest things or experiences are sometimes closer to the truth then one thinks.

Every claim of extra-terrestrials and UFO's has its strengths and weaknesses. This image is far from perfect and has many question marks regarding its authenticity, but to dismiss it because it's not what you envisioned is incorrect.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Proof, interesting word. Can anyone give proof that you would believe, can you prove it isn't so.

I for one do not care what you believe because you should know that there will always be believer's and non-believer's, this is just the way it is. I am just trying to share some knowledge with you.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Yeah I wish good IR was cheaper you could easily spend 10k and up on good Military/Scientific grade IR cameras.
some claims seem to suggest they have some form of optical cloak.

Shadow,

good IR is cheaper. Almost any good later model Sony digital camcoder (fairly inexpensive) has a "nightshot" option and trust me, it works pretty much in total dark. I was amazed. There was a scandal some years ago when people used the IR on Sony cameras to see through other people's clothes -- then Sony had to add logic that prevents the nightshot from workin in normal conditions.

So if somebody wants to hunt greys in complete dark, the technology is here and sure as hell the pictures will come out crystal clear, not the greenish blob posted here. Which does look like a stereotypical alien.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I opened the image in a pro graphics application and tweaked it a little bit, and took a closer look, and I'm pretty sure it's a fake:

a) look a the vantage point from which the scene is shot. The photographer must have been squatting really low to be at that level. Why? The grey, on the other hand, is above the apparent level of the ground.

b) there is a strange narrow "shadow" off the left edge of the monument, which becaome visible as you manipulate the color curves. There is no explanation for it except that's where the "alien pic" was pasted over.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Proof, interesting word. Can anyone give proof that you would believe, can you prove it isn't so.

I for one do not care what you believe because you should know that there will always be believer's and non-believer's, this is just the way it is. I am just trying to share some knowledge with you.

I appreciate you point about proof. There isn't, and probably never will be objective proof regarding anything mystical in our life.

We at ATS walk a tightrope of truth and falsification. One comes here in the belief that there is more to life then what we envision, yet for the most part demand physical proof that these things exist. Denying Ignorance works on both ends of the spectrum.

What you are claiming to be the truth is sensational. It might strengthen your case if you present in a thread exactly what you encountered/encounter. Then again as you clearly stated you do not have to prove anything, which I completely respect. However with this notion you will have to accept you will come under fire.

I'd be extremely interested in what you experienced. Also please note I stated you had no evidence, not proof. I'm not neccessarily looking to judge your experience, but merely trying to share it.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I can definitely see how he may have missed seeing the "alien". If that original is correct, then the entity is right at the edge and may have given the impression of an other than square grave stone. Especially if the guy wasn't paying attention to his peripheral. Although, as a hunter myself I am always using my peripheral vision to catch a flash of the game I am hunting.

As you move to your intended location (yes, it is often dark when you are going to a hunting locale) you are constantly scanning for movement. However, like I said, it is possible to mislabel something out of your line of sight. He may have not been that good of a hunter.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I opened the image in a pro graphics application and tweaked it a little bit, and took a closer look, and I'm pretty sure it's a fake:

a) look a the vantage point from which the scene is shot. The photographer must have been squatting really low to be at that level. Why? The grey, on the other hand, is above the apparent level of the ground.

If the guy is a deer hunter then surely him squatting isnt out of the question? If anything it would make more sense that he would be in that position.

b) there is a strange narrow "shadow" off the left edge of the monument, which becaome visible as you manipulate the color curves. There is no explanation for it except that's where the "alien pic" was pasted over.

I cant quite work out what your pointing to, perhaps you could post the manipulated image your referring to?

If its true to believe that the alien wasn't pasted on (as indicated in a Mexican UFO Documentary through professionals analysing it - mentioned earlier in this thread) then we must treat this entity as either an elaborate model or real.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
kolo_height,

One day maybe I will start a new thread but I'm tired and this is much easier to write of what I know on others.

On these threads that people write many of there thoughts are right on the mark and when someone is on the mark I think they do appreciate knowing they are on the right path.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Out of interest jbondo, is it out of the ordinary for hunting to occur in a cemetary? Do you know anyone who has done this? Or is it something hunters just wouldn't do? (Respecting the dead and everything)

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Another thing I find interesting. Say for instance this was shown to be a hoax, I wonder where the idea for this model/type of grey came from? I have never seen one that looked quite like this (as I'm sure was the intention) However, it makes me wonder if perhaps these people had witnessed a grey of this size personally. Certainly if it were a hoax the idea for such a malnurished looking creature was completely imagined. The way it looks is still whats keeping me on the balance between possibly real or hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join