It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon confirms Iranian directorate as officials raise new concerns about war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Pentagon confirms Iranian directorate as officials raise new concerns about war

Current military and former intelligence officials remain concerned about a US-led strike on Iran, despite the recent appearance of diplomacy on the part of the US State Department and the offer of an incentives package to Iran.

Officials point to new developments, such as a recent meeting in Rome between an Iranian arms dealer and controversial neoconservative Michael Ledeen and the March creation of the Iranian directorate inside the Pentagon, as examples of recent events similar to the lead up with war in Iraq.

These officials also add that an as-yet uncompleted ‘Phase II’ investigation into pre-war Iraq intelligence suggests the same problems may recur when addressing Iran. They note that the Pentagon’s Iranian directorate mirrors the so-called Office of Special Plans, which played a major role in feeding intelligence to the President that bolstered a case for war.

More...

This is not looking good...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is what it is. It would take quite a skilled and persuasive argument to convince me the Israeli's and Americans will tolerate a nuclear Iran......as a matter of fact, I'll likely never be convinced of that......I think the morning news one day will report the surgical attack on Iranian nuclear related sites, nothing more, nothing less......unless the mullah's decide to stand down on the nuke issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Not to mention the fact that China and Iran are in negotiations for 100 billion dollar deal for liquified natural gas, that is to be at a 25 year deal. I think China would certainly be protecting there assets ifs it's finalized, which looks to be that way.

new topics

join