It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeira Isle strange mtn. top bunker and other images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Sorry guys but IMHO there is nothing special about the contrail, it looks just like any other you can see on a clear day if you live under a trans-atlantic flight path (like I do). Also I don't think its fresh and has been blown about a little bit which could account for its shape.

You can't follow it because it stops just south of Madiera but more interestingly it kinks just over the island, if this was a secret hypersonic aircraft why would they take a detour away from the uninhabited ocean to overfly a popular tourist island on a very clear day? It just doesn't make sense!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad

You can't follow it because it stops just south of Madiera but more interestingly it kinks just over the island, if this was a secret hypersonic aircraft why would they take a detour away from the uninhabited ocean to overfly a popular tourist island on a very clear day? It just doesn't make sense!

it was lost
the pilot didnt have a clue where he was so flew over the island to establish a navigation waypoint

obvious - roflmao -- top secret pilots , UFO crews etc do that all the time -- thats why we see them over landmarks

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophobe
I'm pretty certain that the circular thing on top of the mountain is a VOR-DME antenna.

Google Earth (PC) says you are the grand prize winner !! WHOOHOOO !!! lol

NN

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I_ape, don't take the elevation and 3D view data from Google Earth as a reference for how the terain really is, it uses available elevation data to render and wigs it for the rest with some algorythms, its far from reliable.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik
Google Earth (PC) says you are the grand prize winner !! WHOOHOOO !!! lol

Yays!
What did I win?

Question for you NoNik:
Where did you get that dataset? It doesn't seem to be part of the default Google Earth dataset.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why are you considering the image below to be a bunker?

Its definitly interesting though. Good find.
Why did you look at that island in particular?

Bored at work and Google earth at my disposal.

Well the image seems to be a bunker or installation or subterrainian entrance to me. But could be anything at this point.

I'll buy the VOR, DME antennae explaination for this one.

VOR, DME antennae

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why are you considering the image below to be a bunker?

Its definitly interesting though. Good find.
Why did you look at that island in particular?

Bored at work and Google earth at my disposal.

Well the image seems to be a bunker or installation or subterrainian entrance to me. But could be anything at this point.

I'll buy the VOR, DME antennae explaination for this one.

VOR, DME antennae

Confirmed. Now what is the pic of the spike in the water about? Anyone?
Just wondering for factual details.Thanks guys.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

[edit on 19-6-2006 by VType]

[edit on 19-6-2006 by VType]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think the spike in the water is a connection so that tankers carrying fresh water can offload. This is just an educated guess. There looks to be a pipeline going ashore from the spike. The white dots are probably mooring buoys.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think the spike in the water is a connection so that tankers carrying fresh water can offload. This is just an educated guess. There looks to be a pipeline going ashore from the spike. The white dots are probably mooring buoys.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Now what is the pic of the spike in the water about? Anyone?

Now that is a curious one isn't it.

How about the 4 circles in the water, at 11 o'clock of your object?
They are 42' in diameter.

Originally posted by Xenophobe
Where did you get that dataset? It doesn't seem to be part of the default Google Earth dataset.

Well, I could tell you ........... but then I'de have to kill you -- is it really woth the knowledge? lol
Using Google Earth PC, enabling Google Community in the options ( bare in mind, I'm using 4.0 Beta )

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I think the spike in the water is a connection so that tankers carrying fresh water can offload.

One problemn with that - the thing is only 50' diameter.
Some folks don't trust Google's measure ( I've never looked into it ), so you can also compare the size of that, to the small port about 1.5 miles to the NW.

NN

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The objects in the water are located in Ponta de São Lourenço, Madeira, Portugal.

I found a hi-res image of the area that allows the user to pan and zoom. Here, have a look: Ponta de São Lourenço Panorama

I would guess that the circular objects are some sort of a fish hatchery, no real ideas about the spire.

Here's another pic of the circular things

Here's another pic of the spire

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join