It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to fight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
OK, just suippose Intelligent Alien life exists.
Let also suppose that

"No one would have believed in the early years of the twenty-first century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns, *they* observed and studied, the way a man with a microscope might scrutinize the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency, men went to and fro about the globe, confident of our empire over this world. Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us."

So, what can we do, how can we contemplate victory? What do we have to do to survive?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Where did you get your information? Can you provide a link? Maybe some background for those of us new to the topic.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
it's a supposition. he's not saying that this is in any way true, just asking what we could do to be prepared in case something like this were, in fact, true.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure thats an abstract from the film War of the Worlds (Morgan Freeman's speech at the beginning)

Anyway why fight? We have to prove they exist first and they are dangerous before we can entertain the notion of going to war with them.

The real fight should be against our governments and those who hide the truth from us

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ohh, sorry, this isn't one of those 'Its gonna happen' threads, this is purely a 'What If'(that quotes the War of the Worlds
)

Simply put, if we are invaded, then obviously the beings will be technologically advanced, and i'm not sure the common cold is strong enough to use as a defense, so how would be, as people. fight. What can we do.

I realise that we'd need specifics on the Aliens to do a full scale thing, but i meant on an individual level.
Would you hide and hope for the best, would you join a group and help[ fight, would you 'collaborate' if it was an option?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
With their technology seemingly superior to ours, there would be very little anyone could do.

But then again I truly believe aliens mean us no harm. If they wanted to wipe us off this planet they could probably do it within an instance without any of us ever truly knowing.

Eitherway death is not the end. Does the caterpillar die when it turns into a butterfly?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
First off, like in most movies, they wouldn't be getting out of their ships and walking around the cities with ray guns
Also unlike in Wells' story I dont imagine they would use a craft or transport that was actually alive unless it was maybe nanotech, which even then nanotech wouldn't catch a disease.

Overall I don't see anything would be possible unless the government has somthing up their sleeve... or unless we fly into the mother ship in a stollen craft and give them a virus that knocks down all their ships simultaneously...

I would say it's a good thing someones got their eye on us. Hail the federation?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Far-fetched I know, but in a wider sense does anyone think that movies such as War of the Worlds, Independence Day and so fourth are not only entertainment tools, but pieces of propaganda, perhaps preparing us for something?

It's remarkable how the movies sometimes hit the nail on the head regarding concepts in life.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't see how an alien attack is different than any human nation attacking another. After the ETs attacked there would be retaliation, if their retaliation to that didn't kill us all, there might be some effort to find out what they want and try to negotiate. If they wouldn't negotiate (or we couldn't contact them), and it's clear our weapons are no match for theirs, here in the U.S. some one like Billy Graham would lead the nation in prayer, and those that do that kind of thing would take part while waiting for their demise. At this point there would probably be mass chaos, any humans that aren't killed would have to live a survivalist existence, and we can only speculate what would happen then. Would the ETs round them up for enslavement or something like it? Would the humans form a resistance? Could the humans try and hide out hoping the ETs would use the planet for their purpose and leave? There's probably many other possibilities, but this is one scenario of an extraterrestrial invasion.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I came across this in searching for something else and since I talks about this same thing, I thought I would post it.

-------------------

Of those who have some awareness of what is occurring, only a small percentage of them understand that Anunnaki aliens are behind the New World Order.

It is the plan of the Reptilians to implement the NWO so they can control the entire planet. ... etc... read whole thing here.

www.xeeatwelve.com...

----------------------

seeing is believing... or not.
I don't know if there is a bit of truth, but for something made up they sure took their time writing and thinking about it. your thoughts ATS?

if any of this stuff is true... what do you suppose we do about it? I want to run for the hills, hide under my covers.... what do i do??

Dmonkey

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The governments know that if we were to be invaded there is nothing they could do to protect us. Unfortunately alien technology is far superior to ours. With the ships that have been found we do get much technology but we haven't figured out the technology which is the most destructive thank goodness. Actually there are things on the ships that our government has not figured out yet for if they had they could have had; OBL, SADDAM AND ALL THE OTHERS WITHOUT INCIDENCE AND THIS WAR WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER BEFORE IT STARTED SO TO SAY. The technology could be for the good of Earth but unfortunately the warriors on Earth have evil purposes for it sadly to say.

new topics

top topics

join