It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Atlantis is more than a myth. Whichever theory you may esconce, there appears to be a path of archaelogical verification originating from one source. Everyone is familiar with the Egyptian pyramids, and most others likely are familiar with those discovered relating to the Olmec and Mayan civilization. However, the existence of other less notorious pyramids have been discovered worldwide. These all have a common theme and engineering design. The pyramids of China, North America, and Europe all were constructed under a shroud of mystery. There seems to be a consistent time frame when these structures were originally constructed. The survivors of Atlantis, perhaps the nephilum referred to Biblically, may well be the originators of this unique design. I am interested in hearing from others whether this theory has any credence.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by clevewolfwise]

[edit on 16-6-2006 by clevewolfwise]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What about the tower of Babel, is it possible that this is where the commonwealth of knowledge came from? When mean spread becuase his language was confused they still associated with those they could understand and picked land to settle on. Most believe that Babel was a great Ziggurat when everyone was seperated they still knew how to build and maybe thats the common link. As far as Atlantis being in connection with the Nephilium or men of renown that is entirely possible.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
atlantis is in the atlnatic ocean have you ever heard about the atlantian creek?

god destroyed it because he was jealouse of the atlantians.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

atlantis is in the atlnatic ocean have you ever heard about the atlantian creek?

god destroyed it because he was jealouse of the atlantians.

[/quote

'kay... I don't know where you heard story, but that one's new to me

Why would god be jealous of his own creation, the ones that also still see him as their own god?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just in terms of ziggurats, I remember reading something on the Babylonians and Ancient Persia about ziggurats basically being man-made mountains. The gods dwelt in the heavens and mountains were the closest things to the heavens, so I guess it made sense to be as close to the gods as possible when praying.

I think I've also heard similar reasons in relation to the worship of the sun.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by atlantian

Yes, Atlantis could have been destroyed by the gods because they were jealous, but it could have also been destroyed by a volcanoe and earthquakes caused by the gods because of what torture was to come thier way, and to save and destroy all history of Atlantis.

Oh and I'm sure the gods would have a much better reason to destroy one of the most magnificent places in history.

new topics

top topics

join