It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yeti??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I saw on television a story about a biologist who was skeptical about yetis who went to the alps to disprove them. When he got there he found huge guerilla like footprints in the snow in the remote regions. He heard a local myth that a monestary had a mumified yeti hand. He went to the monestary and talked to the head monk and asked him if he could take the hand back to the states for dna testing. The monk said no because it was a holy artifact. So several months later he came back, got the monk drunk and switched hands with a mumified human hand. Once he got back to the states he had a lab run dna tests on it and it came to be an unidentified species. My question is has anyone heard about this? I saw this a long time ago so my details may be off a little so i would appreciate it if anyone would correct them. Is there any other stories like this??

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I believe the story of the hand, only due to the fact that it names names (Jimmy Stewart ). I have never heard of Jimmy Stewart refuting the allegation.

I don't believe the hand yielded any proof of a Yeti however. That may be why it went 'missing'.

Although there have been relics of the Yeti on display in monasteries in Nepal and Tibet these have been discounted as genuine artifacts relating to the creature also known as Meta Kangmai in some regions. A finger bone from the mummified hand of one of the creatures was smuggled out of Nepal by the late American actor Jimmy Stewart at the behest of Peter Byrne who obtained the relic from a Nepali monk who he had supplied with copious amounts of a local alcoholic beverage before taking the finger bone into his possession. Subsequent identification of the remains by Dr W.C. Osman-Hill who identified the finger bone as being something less than human. Further reading on this subject is available in Loren Coleman's book Tom Slick and the Search For the Yeti, Faber and Faber 1989. What has happened to the bone is as great a mystery as the yeti itself. It seemingly has been lost and we will not know for certain whether it was indeed a relic from a cryptid or the remains of dead Nepali

www.bcscc.ca...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So, because it names a famous dead actor then it must be true?

How in the world does that prove validity? Why was JS in a Tibetan Monastery? I just find the whole story a bit contrived.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
So, because it names a famous dead actor then it must be true?

Sorry about that.... thought " I " put " I " there. Didn't mean to include the general concensus.

MY reasoning of validity is this... A very famous actor at the time ( and still well known today ) was claimed by a friend to of done this.

If there was no truth to it, one would want to clear his name asap, would they not?

How in the world does that prove validity? Why was JS in a Tibetan Monastery? I just find the whole story a bit contrived.

A lot of people have travelled to Tibet seeking many things, why would JS be any different.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Those old school hollywood guys were known to spin yarns and keep stories going for years.

I have seen many JS pictures and still watch them today. I always thought he was quite a ham and one of the few that could pull it off.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Seems a little too incredible NOT to believe

The monks refused to let expedition member Peter Byrne remove the hand
from the premises, but Byrne was able to hatch a plan to steal parts of it. In 1959, Byrne secretly switched human hand bones for the some of the bones of the Yeti hand, and he smuggled the Pangboche originals out of the country with the valuable assistance of -- get ready for this -- Jimmy Stewart, the famed actor. Stewart just happened to be passing through India, and he and his wife Gloria agreed to wrap up the stolen bones in their underwear inside their luggage. Truth is stranger than Bigfoot

www.bigfootencounters.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I agree. It really does seem almost too odd to be hoaxed. It's a wild story either way. Good for entertainment purposes at least.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Actually, when you think about it, these Monks could actually solve this whole thing. If they were to come clean with what they have and also location of the Yeti's they know of, Bigfoot may finally be verified and documented.

The odds on that are slim and none though. Imagine all the people that would try to get in and the nuts that would go hunt the beasts and kill them. I would imagine these Monks already know everything the general public is clamoring for.

Of course they are susceptible to a good stiff drink now and then!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Of course you have to believe they know everything we want to know (if you believe the story that is). I think, however, that you're absolutely right. Imagine every single person able arriving almost immediately with guns and cameras and who knows what. It would be absolute chaos. I'm sure the monks could clear everything up if they wanted to, but why would they?

new topics

top topics

join