It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children ... human 2.0 ?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
I did save some of B3's posts. I never got a chance to get them all because the links would not work. I sure hope he comes back and becomes motivated to give us good information without expecting favors in return. Reading the way he wrote alone was a treat.

------
People will stop consuming soon and that will lead to a depression within the next 3 years. Guaranteed. Remember these words.

-----

SCP, if possible, can you U2U me in regards to getting some of B3's links?
I'd appreciate that.

----

Over the past few years I've cut back considerably on my consuming, simply because it's not necessary. Want vs. Need. "Want" simply fills your EGO and causes it to want more. It's amazing how the world of marketing can implant people with such a driving want for unnecessary items. I think marketing is one of the largest ploys for the dumbing down of human beings...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you go horror biz. It's fascinating stuff, make sure you search through the post ID's. Try to check them all, you never know which one has the pdf files. There is alot of searching to do.

I'm glad you agree with most of my ideas. It's hard not to. We need more philanthropists out there, and the only problem is that if we had money to make a difference we would, but would that money change us into becoming apathetic people?

If I had money I would definatly bring free energy to the people.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Is here SCF where is he did you dissapeared?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why is this in the Science & Technology Forum? Just Curious. Seems out of place.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I suppose my point is this: threads that belong in the science & technology forum should contain supporting scientific literature (peer-reviewed journal articles or links to respected researchers). I have not seen a single reputable study in this topic. Period. Not one; just new-age foo-foo fluff about what some people wish to believe. This is faith; not science.
Throwing "Indigo Child" into a search engine doesn't turn up anything scientific.

In the past, my comments regarding the lack of evidence triggered tantrums from the self-styled indigos who insist that I am jealous and bitter for not being an indigo and that I have no right to demand any sort of evidence because it simply isn't nice. In addition, I find such malleable temporal benchmarks (depending how old the claimant is) for the arrival of indigos suspicious at best. Where's the genetic evidence that indigos are reproductively incompatible with the rest of us? If they really are a new species, they would not be able to procreate with whomever they pleased! It's simple biology and this would be a very big deal if true! Ergo, we should all know about it because it would be all over the media and the discussion would end there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This delusion encourages spoiling children rather than raising and teaching them to become responsible, productive adults. Encouraging such blatant superiority can even be dangerous once they venture out into the world after a childhood of being perceived as special when the general public perceives them as anything but. In addition, this label is creating confusion with the intellectually gifted, whose abilities are subject to reproducible measurement. The truly gifted must already bear the burdens associated with asynchronous development and social isolation (esp. cases where they are retained in lock-step with chronological peer groups).

In the absence of supporting scientific evidence, I propose moving this thread to skunkworks or at the very least, the paranormal forum. If however, evidence appears to support the existence of indigo children as a real phenomenon, then by all means, leave it where it is. In addition to peer-reviewed literature other respectable sources may include raw home videos, media clips and articles from national news networks and agencies (not tabloids) or links to respected academic and research institutions (and affiliated researchers) where supporting evidence may be found. Mere mention of claims is not sufficient and subjective lists of characteristics are not tests. Even the DSM-IV contains cross-referencing capabilities to exclude diagnoses with overlapping symptoms because checklists are insufficient tools for differentiation. In addition, psychiatry incorporates quantitative assessments to complement the DSM-IV.

In keeping with the scientific method, one must begin with a testable hypothesis, progressing to the acquisition of data, analysis and subsequent arrival at a conclusion. Results must be reproducible. Here's an example:
Hypothesis: There is no such thing as an indigo child
Test: (challenge to exibit observable phenomenon or perform indicative task which can be measured quantitatively in a reproducible fashion by others who wish to confirm or refute your findings through their own tests)
Conclude: No objective evidence = no such thing as an indigo child. It is also better to have larger rather than smaller sample sizes. Papers incorporating a sample size of 1 are called case studies and although they are useful teaching tools, the margin of error is too great to be reliable in prediction (isolated case).

I don't think I am being unreasonable. In fact, I think I am being more flexible than I would normally be for a thread in this forum. Here, one would expect to see peer-reviewed literature without exception but I am offering considerable leeway through alternative options. Fair enough?

[edit on 27-5-2007 by X-tal_Phusion]

[edit on 27-5-2007 by X-tal_Phusion]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by X-tal_Phusion
I suppose my point is this: threads that belong in the science & technology forum should contain supporting scientific literature (peer-reviewed journal articles or links to respected researchers). I have not seen a single reputable study in this topic. Period. Not one; just new-age foo-foo fluff about what some people wish to believe. This is faith; not science.
Throwing "Indigo Child" into a search engine doesn't turn up anything scientific.

I have said this before but people just get petty so I hope that they don't do the same with you.

In the past, my comments regarding the lack of evidence triggered tantrums from the self-styled indigos who insist that I am jealous and bitter for not being an indigo and that I have no right to demand any sort of evidence because it simply isn't nice. In addition, I find such malleable temporal benchmarks (depending how old the claimant is) for the arrival of indigos suspicious at best. Where's the genetic evidence that indigos are reproductively incompatible with the rest of us? If they really are a new species, they would not be able to procreate with whomever they pleased! It's simple biology and this would be a very big deal if true! Ergo, we should all know about it because it would be all over the media and the discussion would end there.

You see this is similar to the emergence of the aryan race thing. As pathetic as it may seem this indigo aura is childrens play. Some want to think they are special and will take anything that that rolls their way.

I

've said it before and I'll say it again. This delusion encourages spoiling children rather than raising and teaching them to become responsible, productive adults. Encouraging such blatant superiority can even be dangerous once they venture out into the world after a childhood of being perceived as special when the general public perceives them as anything but. In addition, this label is creating confusion with the intellectually gifted, whose abilities are subject to reproducible measurement. The truly gifted must already bear the burdens associated with asynchronous development and social isolation (esp. cases where they are retained in lock-step with chronological peer groups).

In the absence of supporting scientific evidence, I propose moving this thread to skunkworks or at the very least, the paranormal forum. If however, evidence appears to support the existence of indigo children as a real phenomenon, then by all means, leave it where it is. In addition to peer-reviewed literature other respectable sources may include raw home videos, media clips and articles from national news networks and agencies (not tabloids) or links to respected academic and research institutions (and affiliated researchers) where supporting evidence may be found. Mere mention of claims is not sufficient and subjective lists of characteristics are not tests. Even the DSM-IV contains cross-referencing capabilities to exclude diagnoses with overlapping symptoms because checklists are insufficient tools for differentiation. In addition, psychiatry incorporates quantitative assessments to complement the DSM-IV.

In keeping with the scientific method, one must begin with a testable hypothesis, progressing to the acquisition of data, analysis and subsequent arrival at a conclusion. Results must be reproducible. Here's an example:
Hypothesis: There is no such thing as an indigo child
Test: (challenge to exibit observable phenomenon or perform indicative task which can be measured quantitatively in a reproducible fashion by others who wish to confirm or refute your findings through their own tests)
Conclude: No objective evidence = no such thing as an indigo child. It is also better to have larger rather than smaller sample sizes. Papers incorporating a sample size of 1 are called case studies and although they are useful teaching tools, the margin of error is too great to be reliable in prediction (isolated case).

I don't think I am being unreasonable. In fact, I think I am being more flexible than I would normally be for a thread in this forum. Here, one would expect to see peer-reviewed literature without exception but I am offering considerable leeway through alternative options. Fair enough?

Is this too much to ask?

give us some evidence.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hear, hear!

I suppose my point is this: threads that belong in the science & technology forum should contain supporting scientific literature (peer-reviewed journal articles or links to respected researchers).

I could not agree more. Personally, I am sick and tired of serious discussins in the S&T forum being driven off course by participants who don't understand science, don't understand the subject under discussion and just want to air their half-baked opinions.

It amazes me that this Indigo Children (bah! poppycock!) thread is one of the longest-running in the forum. ATS should hang its head in shame.

In the absence of supporting scientific evidence, I propose moving this thread to skunkworks or at the very least, the paranormal forum.

I second the motion. Away, as Cromwell almost said, with this babble!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Why is this in the Science & Technology Forum? Just Curious. Seems out of place.

This thread used to contain numerous links and references to subjects related to "Science and Technology." Look up the posting history for user "b3rgY" The account was banned - and all of his posts were removed from this thread. - Why? I have no idea. The information he provided in his posts was top notch. However, a lot of those links are still available by sifting through his post history. I recommend you check them out!

However, anyone who has been here recently sees no signs of any sci and tech relevance.

If you page back and thread posts, you'll see a few of us were curious what happened to b3... hope that helps.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by horrorbiz]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In the future rather than derailing threads can you guys please use the complain/suggestion feature?
Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff.

Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
If thats the pre-requisite for Indigo Children, then not only am I one, but every person i went to school with.

Yep me too. Those traits were what I remember from most of the lads in my school. Thing is, I was born in the late 1950's and I can only remember one lad that did not follow these "special" traits.

Maybe there is some differences over the generations but it could just be environmental. Our food has changed too over the generations. The change of diet in post war WW2 has apparently led to some changes in the physical size of the average person in many cultures and societies. Indeed I note that the average height of people today is taller. The clothing sector are saying the average bra cup size is larger. So if western humans are changing physically who knows what is happening in the old noggin?

Anyway, looking at the list and the Indigo Child delusion generally. Am I the only one that can see a propensity for and justification of an Elite, Superior master-race? Sound familiar? The last advocate of a master-race led the world to war and many, many deaths. I would not consider Adolf Hitler very enlightened or altruistic and certainly not a force for good in the universe

So if mankind's destiny is in the hands of an arrogant elite, I see no major change in mans outlook and future. Just changing one set of arrogant know-it-alls for another.

I have a question though. If all the above are attributes for "Indigo Children" and most of my old school chums had them, then as we approach our fiftieth birthdays what are we to be called? We are too old to be Children

I still think the whole Indigo gig is about creating a market and selling books. I think if there are differences in kids its more about pollution, environment and dietary intake, than some funky "spiritual" development.
Still whatever you believe, mankind is doomed anyway

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Derailing? I don't really understand... the thread title left me with the impression that this was an arena in which to debate the plausibility of Indigo Children as the next step in human evolution. Given it's placement in the S&T forum, I was puzzled about the lack of credible evidence upon which to have any sort of intelligent debate (rather than simply a mindless, childish Indigo Bash session).

The last time I complained as you recommended, another moderator accused me of not having anything worthwhile to contribute and threatened to ban me if I continued to persist in demanding evidence for claims unsubstantiated by high-quality sources, which in my oppinion, degrade thread and consequently, debate quality.

I am relatively new here and still learning the ropes (& subtleties regarding handbook rules) but I certainly never meant to cause any harm. I came to learn and needed to know if I could rely on the information posted by others. I didn't mean to break protocol. Can you tell us why it's okay to make a claim without backing it up on ATS? I'm not the only one who's curious from the looks of things here (ergo, decided against sending a U2U).

Of course, if I have misunderstood you, please feel free to clarify.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Don't sweat it. - This thread originally started in one forum, was moved to sci and tech per the reasons in my above post, and was now moved to "paranormal studies" it seems. I don't think anyone came in here with some sort of malicious intent - I think it was post deletion that threw people off.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Indigo has derived from the alleged indigo aura of these adults/children.
There has been evidence of people with these characteristics being born since 1974. I believe we are getting near to a huge change and all these people are, are developed modern humans who will survive the end times and will take human civillization on to the next stage of existance in the 5th dimension.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
Indigo has derived from the alleged indigo aura of these adults/children.
There has been evidence of people with these characteristics being born since 1974.

who can see these auras?

who can prove what color they are?

what other colors do auras come in?

what do they mean?

how do we know what the others mean?

why only since 1974?

what evidence is there for this advent of 'indigos'?

what will they do?

when will they start?

who will fund it?

how will they work together if one of their characteristics is disdain for others?

seriously, i want answers.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I advise you to do some research and then you may find some answers, i am not here to do all the work for you, neither do i profess to know all the answers.
The reason the Government has allocated resources to research the phenomena should deem it worthy of further study.
The disdain you talk about i think is not totally accurate, i find it more of a disregard for certain things that will be less relevant in future times.
As for auras, they are most certainly real. Even certain medical equiptment can prove the existance.
There are higher dimensional forces and impending happenings that we are yet to comprehend, but the common consensus accross the board with different people within different cultures and faiths is that a big change is imminent.
The next few years will reveal the significance of what people are calling " Indigo's", personally i dont like that name, i prefer a universal awakening and a return of unreality.
Regards.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am friend of B3rgY (he is in jail currently for fixed drog trial) and I/we dont understand why he was banned from 6 forums and all his posts were erased from different sites. Our group got permission from him to post documents. We expect him out off jail in month.
I think he is not allowed by some gov agency to post anything.

Questions? or somebody got answers?

[edit on 30-5-2007 by B3...]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
I advise you to do some research and then you may find some answers, i am not here to do all the work for you, neither do i profess to know all the answers.

do what research? any objective literature pretty much concedes that the whole thing is unfounded.

The reason the Government has allocated resources to research the phenomena should deem it worthy of further study.

a) i don't trust that the government's decisions are always the best ones
b) i didn't think indigo kids did either
c) what study? and what did it find?

The disdain you talk about i think is not totally accurate, i find it more of a disregard for certain things that will be less relevant in future times.
As for auras, they are most certainly real. Even certain medical equiptment can prove the existance.

are you talking about kirlian photography? i hate to be the one to tell you (it broke my heart when i found out too) but it was faked.

There are higher dimensional forces and impending happenings that we are yet to comprehend, but the common consensus accross the board with different people within different cultures and faiths is that a big change is imminent.

i agree that there is much that we don't understand.

but humanity is a constant big change. there hasn't been an uneventful year since the dawn of Humanity. and if you're talking about the dimensional fabric coming apart at its seams, i don't really think there's anything beyond a couple disparate anecdotes involving Mayans or some piece of 2000-year-old scripture to indicate that at all.

The next few years will reveal the significance of what people are calling " Indigo's", personally i dont like that name, i prefer a universal awakening and a return of unreality.

unreality would be nice. i don't like the indigo term either, and i don't like the lists of traits that they so love to ascribe to themselves.

if somebody wants to change the world for the better then they can go for it, but i hate when they sit around beforehand telling us how well-equipped they are to do the job. i wish they'd do it, and then regale us with tales of their mighty deeds.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I think that the move from Science and Technology to the backwoods of the Paranormal Forum says all that we really need to know about the veracity, provenance and existence of the so called "Indigo Child" delusion.

As I have said before if the future of mankind is in the hands of an elitist superhuman..god help us all...and he, she or it don't exist

Thing that gets me is that scientifically there are gaps in mans (and womans) fossil record that leave huge gaps in our understanding of our evolution. But even with those gaps it is evident that evolutional, biological change happens gradually over many years, centuries and millenia perhaps. Yet it is proposed that in a generation or so "mankind plus" has evolved? Give me a break!!

Worse than that, they have evolved as arrogant, self righteous, obnoxious persons with a superiority complex and a destructive self-belief. It will be interesting to see how these people get on as they emerge from all of mans societies. There are places where if they carry on with their superior attitude they won't last too long.

It is a delusional concept up there with creationism, Santa Claus, tooth fairies and politicians working for the good of mankind.

BTW people, isn't indigo the colour of wode dye? That being the case did not some of the ancient British peoples go into battle naked except for being painted in wode?.....That is the nearest I will come to believing in "Indigos" Were these people Indigos too

Indigos wake up and smell the coffee!!! Oh but wait a mo!!! Are you allowed to drink coffee with all these "special" symptoms/ attributes?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I am missing detail report from B3RGY named "How to build congitive procesor unit - Artificial Intelligence and TERMINATOR technology".

The report is 145 MB pdf file, as I remember. CAN Anybody provide link?

I also noticed that B3rgy posts were deleted from www.physicsforums.com
Is it coincidence or somebody control whole internet?

I am from Serbia/Montenegro.

[edit on 31-5-2007 by B3...]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I started this thread in the Sci and Tech section because I believe it is science of mind that we speak of here. Science of mind and the continuous changes in consciousness despite anatomic cessation in evolution.

B3? you are his friend? why was he banned anways? Why does ATS have links to all his old posts?

Silvia Brown says in her newest book, "Aura Readers" available to use on civilians by 2020. This technology will be able to help distinguish the blues from the red/greens.

We all have the potential to operate on the same frequency. Some do it consistently and receive different wavelengths than others, resulting in improved intuition and clairvoyance. If one quites his mind long enough, and absorbs enough information and knowledge, the prediction of outcomes will increase due to the large amount of factors one has from all his wisdom. Use your brain more and perhaps your aura will shift to blue as well. But some book smart people need more than just information. Some read minds without prior information or factors. I'm not sure if Indigo are the ones who are of the latter category. Maybe they are, or maybe I'm just a hypersensitive, and different from others.

I just don't know. B3, compagnion of his, tell us what you know. How can a member of B3's "group" ask others for information. Now that is absurd. FISHY !! Can anyone else say FISHY ?

[edit on 5/31/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join