It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy: Bush Creates World’s Biggest Ocean Preserve

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Zaphod58:

As I've already indicated in my post, at a minimum, Bush conveniently gets to avoid the statutory protection requirements under the National Marine Sanctuaries Act, which had already been agreed to by the necessary agencies three weeks earlier and prior to his magic wand waving... That is conspiracy enough...

Originally posted by Zaphod58
"Strategic value"? Don't make me laugh. There is NO strategic value to the NHI region.

Are you kidding? If you want to do something no one can see, what better place to do it? In an era where secrecy is king, and in particular for this administration, THAT becomes the strategic value.

If protection of the area was the stated goal, then the May 19th agreement would have been enough. Turning it into a National Monument consolidates executive federal control over the area in a way that ensures COMPLETE control over the area.... Why????

Originally posted by Zaphod58
There is no chance of building a base on any of the islands, prison camp or otherwise.

Wrong. As you yourself pointed out, there were plenty of pre-existing military installations during and after the war. How you get to "no chance" seems ridiculous.

Additionally, how much land there is doesn't seem to be a huge factor:

Aerial View of Tern Island

[edit on 17-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's one thing to have an island that a WWII plane can take off and land on, quite another to have one that a MODERN plane can even land on. Tern Island is a great example. A B-52 for example at MINIMUM needs 3000 feet to land on. To take off with ANY kind of load it needs 8000 feet or so. The heavier the load, the longer the runway. There are NO islands in that area that would support ANY modern planes. As far as ships go, maybe, but WHY? You have Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard less than 200 miles away, plus Barking Sands which is the Pacific Missile Range which has support facilities there. So again, WHY? In WWII they had incredible strategic importance, because the planes and ships NEEDED those extra 200 miles. Now, they don't because 200 miles is NOTHING for modern equipment. So that rules out military use. Prison use, you'd run out of room building a runway on the islands, so where are you gonna put the prisons? And it's going to be pretty hard to keep them secret considering that the main runway in Honolulu is shared by the International Airport and Hickam. And PMR doesn't have the facilities to support any large number of prisons.

[edit on 6/17/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Maybe a place to install Anti-missile turrets, or missiles emplacement... To aim at China in the so-call war with China...

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What anti-missile turrets? The only anti-missile systems we have that WORK are mobile. One on the USS Lake Eerie, and ABL. You can't mount a missile silo on an island, because of seepage. The salt water would damage the missile.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
May have no relationship to this thread, but I found the article interesting, nonetheless:

U.S. Finishes War Games in the Pacific

ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam (AP) -- The largest U.S. military exercise in the Pacific in decades ended Friday after showing North Korea and other nations that the United States can swiftly muster a huge combat force in the region, officials said.

The five-day "Valiant Shield" exercises massed an armada of three aircraft carriers and 25 other ships along with 22,000 troops and 280 warplanes off this tiny U.S. territory about halfway between Hawaii and Japan.

Tensions are rising in the region over the possible test-launch of a North Korean long-range missile. Two guided missile cruisers participating in the games were assigned off the Korean coast to monitor the situation.

More...

And, of course:

North Korean ICBM

U.S. Navy test intercepts warhead

In my book, there are very few coincidences...

[edit on 23-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It is possible that this is simply an election year publicity stunt. Or perhaps a bargaining chip when the drilling in Alaska thing comes up again. And you know Alaska will come up again. It will be pushed until people cave and let them ruin the wild life reserve.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
It is possible that this is simply an election year publicity stunt.

Yes. In the end, it could be just that. But it is also a nice way to keep prying eyes away from the area. My question would be why?

Originally posted by Indy
Or perhaps a bargaining chip when the drilling in Alaska thing comes up again. And you know Alaska will come up again. It will be pushed until people cave and let them ruin the wild life reserve.

For me, that reason is more of a long-shot. The fight for ANWR would still be much the same....but anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I've wondered about motives here too.

An area large enough to test new technology without prying eyes?
A forward base for naval operationas and expanded no fly zone?
Atlantis????
UFO base

Somebody found something that they want to keep secret?

Or mostly likely a political statement so this administration can tell everyone
how deeply they care for the environment?

The mind boggles

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Things to ponder. See, Bush wants things like a North American Union and an illegal alien wall erected, which contradict each other. Bush said not to buy into conspiracy theories about 9-11, yet the building collapses stink of conspiracy. His way to handle the fuel prices was to sell more polluting oil to cut down costs. Ok, so, does this guy seem like someone who cares about the environment?

What is he trying to do with these islands? I'm not sure in this case.

Troy

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I don't know if this is relevant, but there's a code. I'm still trying to work it out. It's something to do with Eden, or the eden project, and as far as I can tell it gives the exact date that positive feed back will reach critical mass in Gaia and the ice caps in Greenland and the Antarctic will just kind of collapse. The code gives details of government agencies who are preparing for this and we are not all intended to survive. One a small number of select few. The codes in Dark Rain. has anyone else tried to work it out. It's real freaky. It's in there.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
can you summarize please? I hate huge posts with a ton of information to skim through...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
can you summarize please? I hate huge posts with a ton of information to skim through...

2 Acts

1st = protection
2nd = really doesn't

1st = already agreed to
2nd = preempts 1st

2nd = total control of area

QUESTION = Why?

Susinct enough for you?

[edit on 24-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

N. Korea missile aimed at area off Hawaii - report

A North Korean missile launched on Wednesday was aimed at an area of the ocean close to Hawaii, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
Experts estimated the Taepodong-2 ballistic missile to have a range of up to 6,000 km, putting Alaska within its reach. Wednesday's launch apparently failed shortly after take-off and the missile landed in the sea between the Korean peninsula and Japan, a few hundred kilometres from the launch pad.

But data from U.S. and Japanese Aegis radar-equipped destroyers and surveillance aircraft on the missile's angle of take-off and altitude indicated that it was heading for waters near Hawaii, the Sankei Shimbun reported, citing multiple sources in the United States and Japan.

More...

What a fascinating coincidence...

[edit on 6-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Great work loam - and excellent analysis.

I agree btw. It only looks like Bush increased protections, but he actually dismantled them.

I too wonder why - but I suspect it may have more to do with long term flexibility than any specific project. Keep looking though. Who knows what's under the carpet?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Navy banned from using the sonar "within 25 miles of the newly established Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Marine National Monument during its Rim of the Pacific 2006 exercises and also imposes a variety of methods to watch for and report the presence of marine mammals."
source

In granting the order, the judge agreed the plaintiffs had presented "considerable convincing scientific evidence demonstrating that the Navy's use of MFA sonar can kill, injure, and disturb many marine species, including marine mammals."
source

hmmm.. interesting

[edit on 7/8/2006 by aecreate]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey, Zaphod58:

I came across these man-made islands the government is actually selling at auction. While not in the designated area in question, it made me think of this thread:

Johnston Island

Johnston Atoll consists of four small man-made islands enclosed in an egg-shaped reef approximately 21 miles in circumference. The wildlife refuge on the Atoll is a habitat for 32 species of coral, 300 species of fish, the endangered sea turtle and Hawaiian monk seal, and 20 species of migratory birds. Johnston, the main island, is 1000 yards long and 200 yards wide. The deed will contain use restrictions because the atoll was used by the Defense Department for storage of chemical munitions and as a missile test site in the 1950's and 60's. The island can be used as a residence or vacation getaway but it does not have utilities or a water supply. The airstrip and the golf course are closed.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Johnston Atoll was a US Army installation for destroying chemical weapons. Like Midway it was a stop over for getting to Majuro/Kwajellin for shorter legged planes.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Under the category of what IF's...

You have a vast area restricted to military use.

As mentioned, a perfect site to test new technology launched from a carrier and to run
training exercises to perfect that technology. My #1 guess.

A perfect site for a hidden underwater base of some sort.

A perfect disguise for a chemical/bio weapons dump or research project.

A cover up of a serious military accident.

THEY FOUND SOMETHING!

Alien USO base? :-)

This ex president has done everything within his power to benefit the interests of Big Oil.

Perhaps it is a trade off being used in order to further the Drill Baby Drill offshore agenda.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join