It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can enough light remove faith ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
mrwupy

Respectfully,

please consider yourself part of a cult of two.

Faith+Experience=Belief

Belief+ enough Experience=Truth/Light

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerdjp

Faith+Experience=Belief

Oooohhhh thats good. I'm writing it down so I can remember it in the future. Did you write this?

wupy

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i think that material wealth and goods could remove faith. and if the light gives them the material goods and wealth, alot of people would jump on board the ship, that is sailing the wrong way.

people are always looking for easy ways out.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think that it is really not what you believe, but the sincerity of your heart that is important. Each of us are on our own path and learning what we must to get thru. We live, we love and we grow.

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

wupy

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
From what I can tell, 'doubt' is what erodes 'faith.'

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
From what I can tell, 'doubt' is what erodes 'faith.'

yep, and society is bombarded with doubt these days. people running us want us all to have doubts about what we believe in, so we will be far easier to control

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by tylerdjp

Faith+Experience=Belief

Oooohhhh thats good. I'm writing it down so I can remember it in the future. Did you write this?

wupy

Actually, I was only paraphrasing your earlier posts on your method of discovering and refining truth.

So in essence, you wrote it.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

yep, and society is bombarded with doubt these days. people running us want us all to have doubts about what we believe in, so we will be far easier to control

I don't worry about doubts too much, it's the convictions of people that scare the crap out of me. Convictions will lead people to do barbaric things in the name of God.

Doubts on the other hand often lead mankind to dig deeper and search harder, which in the end makes them wiser and more adept at underastanding the issues at hand.

I would rather journey with someone who has a doubt and is seeking the truth than journey with someone who has a conviction and is going to slay those who believe otherwise.

Just my thoughts,

wupy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join