It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Than who does practice the true mysteries?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If Masons only study the mysteries in theory and not in practice who does practice the mysteries?

Has anyone ever tried,experienced or met someone who does?

I guess I am trying to get to something beyond romantics. You see so much in regards to masons involving the writting of papers and studies alone but nothing more ever mentioned.

Than there is other cults that seem a bit playful with more dress up or for show type persona to have any actual practice.

I guess my question has been asked many times but this time to the point.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by bookling]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Masonry does seem to practice 'the mysteries', or at least their organizations ideas of what the mysteries are, in so far as they have Rites and ceremonies and teachings.

Also, if you look at the actions of the mystery cults, you can see what they used to do in practice. If you want to re-enact that, or participate in it, then you can just go to a church, get baptised, receive communion, etc. Those were things that the mystery cults used to do.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
According to my understanding, modern Masonry no longer teaches the Mysteries of Daath that are required in order to enter the Initiations of Greater or Major Mysteries.

Every Woman needs a Husband, and every Man needs a Priestess Wife in order to enter the Greater Mysteries of Daath/Gnosis as to create the Solar Bodies, Solar Sahu, To Soma Heliakon, Wedding Garments of the Soul, etc.

One interpretation of Jachin and Boaz is that they are the Man and the Woman.

The Two Pillars of Solomon's Temple.

The bachelor who completes the Initiations of Lesser or Minor Mysteries, but doesn't Marry; remains stagnant.

Some Questions Concerning The Black Lodge

In France, after the revolution, there was a split in the masonic lodges. Some adhered to Cagliostro's Egyptian rite (the right way) which reincorporated a Priestess in their temples. Others (like the idiots that denied Blavatsky) still stuck with their Piscean, foolish ways of excluding the Priestess. They are just like the modern so-called Christians (which are Piscean in nature) that still practice stagnate rituals without a Priestess! If one is to consider the symbolism of the ritual without a Priestess...it is disgusting. Again refer to "The Revolution of Beelzebub" and the "Perfect Matrimony" by Samael Aun Weor for more info regarding this.

Though I believe that some Masonic off-shoot Orders still taught about Daath between the late 18th and early 20th Centuries...

...such as the early Ordo Templi Orientis, which was unfortunately infiltrated by the Black Lodge and started to teach black tantrism not too long after its founding.

Jesus' Bloodline

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you (the mystery of my wife Mary Magdalene is “MM” and any “Master Mason” knows that! Is not perhaps Christ “Shin”, the Son of Nun, which is the final outcome of the blood? and), except a man be born of water (MeM, Mary Magdalene, who develops the Son of Nun in her Belly) and of the (Holy) Spirit (Ruach Elohim, Aleph), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God….

The wind (Aleph as oxygen) blows (the fire in the blood) where it listens (the “IAO” and transmutes the water into wine), and (when the fire is awakened) you hear the sound thereof (within your “Vav”, Spinal Medulla), but cannot tell whence it comes, and whither it goes (because it rises according to Nous, the fires of the heart): so is every one that is born of the Spirit (Aleph that hovers upon the Waters - MeM, Mother Mary).

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So the only Lodge we really ought to be concerned with, is that which is in the Internal Planes.

Study the works of the Great Masters of all Religions and read between the lines as to "read what the Master does not write" and learn how to meditate as to "listen to what the Master does not say".

It is taught that there are Angelic and Buddhic forces in this Aquarian Age that are working intensely in order to reunite us with the Inner Divinity, whether we are members of any Lodges, Temples, etc. in the physical plane or not.

This collective force is known as "The Dayspring of Youth"

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Do some research on the Golden Dawn, or Rosicrucians. that should answer your question alittle better.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Tamahu
What does the "Twilight Card" mean?
It had the scorpion on it as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bookling
If Masons only study the mysteries in theory and not in practice who does practice the mysteries?

[edit on 15-6-2006 by bookling]

There are no mysteries, they are just cerimonially dressed up secrets...

"To these sects and secret societies which protected the
true meaning and interpretation of the mysteries of the Holy Mass belonged
the Gnostics, the Templars, the true esoteric Rosicrucians and the Ancient
Primitive Freemasons. These so called sects and secret societies have
survived to this day despite the persecution and troubles of the centuries.
The Gnostic Neo-Christians or Gnostic Templars of the Orient which are
closely bound to the ancient primitive Templar-Freemasons, guard the true
secret of Freemasonry today which is identical to the secret and mystery of
the Holy Mass."

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Tamahu

From the order of the deck in Tamahu's avatar, and the imagry associated with it, it seems that the twilight card corresponds to the Moon card in standard tarot decks.

So my guess is twilight is the same as the Moon Card in other Tarot decks, which generally, the moon card represents deception, the subconcious, the dream state.

Amongst other things.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
Do some research on the Golden Dawn, or Rosicrucians. that should answer your question alittle better.

True indeed.

Wynn Westcott, S.L. MacGregor Mathers, Samael Aun Weor, Arnold Krumm-Heller, Max Heindel and Rudolf Steiner are some good authors to study.

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Tamahu

Arcanum 18 - Twilight

Originally posted by Ersatz
There are no mysteries, they are just cerimonially dressed up secrets...

"To these sects and secret societies which protected the
true meaning and interpretation of the mysteries of the Holy Mass belonged
the Gnostics, the Templars, the true esoteric Rosicrucians and the Ancient
Primitive Freemasons. These so called sects and secret societies have
survived to this day despite the persecution and troubles of the centuries.
The Gnostic Neo-Christians or Gnostic Templars of the Orient which are
closely bound to the ancient primitive Templar-Freemasons, guard the true
secret of Freemasonry today which is identical to the secret and mystery of
the Holy Mass."

What is Gnosis?

We were thrown to the lions in the circuses of Rome, and we celebrated our rituals in the catacombs. We were burnt alive in the flames of the Roman Catholic inquisition. We accompanied Jesus Christ in the Holy Land. We were the mystical Essenes of Palestine; we are not improvising opportunist doctrines. We were hidden during twenty centuries and we are now returning once again to the street carrying on our shoulders the old, rough and heavy cross.

Paul took our doctrine to Rome and he was a Nazarene Gnostic.

Christ taught our doctrine in secrecy to the seventy disciples.

The Sethani, Peratae, Carpocratians, Nazarenes and Essenes are Gnostic. The Egyptian and Aztec Mysteries, the Mysteries of Rome, Troy, Carthage, of Eleusis, India, of the Druids, Pythagoreans, Kambirs, of Mithra and Persia, etc. are in their entirety that which we call Gnosis or Gnosticism.

We now once again open the ancient Gnostic Sanctuaries which were closed upon the arrival of the dark age. We are now opening the authentic Initiatic Colleges. - From The Greater Mysteries by Samael Aun Weor.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you Tamahu for your input, I find this version of Gnosis too ethereally kaleidoscopic.
Gnosis in my limited brains means knowledge and knowledge without wisdom is like a camel carrying a load of books on his back.

With regards to St? Paul, if you have the time check this site:
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

I would be interested to have your (abridged) opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi Ersatz

Thank you Tamahu for your input, I find this version of Gnosis too ethereally kaleidoscopic.
Gnosis in my limited brains means knowledge and knowledge without wisdom is like a camel carrying a load of books on his back.

Well there's only One Gnosis and it is this:

Gnosis (Greek): Direct, personal experience.

Gnosis is experiential knowledge, not merely intellectual or conceptual knowledge, belief or theory.

Which is of course the Tri-Unity of Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding.

And The Brothers of the Temple, would be of the Temple that is Built upon the Rock(Sex, Peter) and that is not built on sand(fornication and vain intellectualism)!

With regards to St? Paul, if you have the time check this site:
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

I would be interested to have your (abridged) opinion.

Well that looks like a big mess of intellectualism that I care not to get caught up in.

With all due respect, I would rather study the writings of Initiates instead of intellectuals.

It may contains some truths, but who cares if Jesus never existed?

Conscious Comprehension of the symbolism of the Cosmic Christic Drama that we have to perform within ourselves is more important.

If you really want to gnow if Yeshua is; then it may be worthwhile to learn how to Dream Walk or to travel within the Bardos, Duat, Astral Plane, etc. and conjure him and talk him yourself!

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi Tamahu, thanks for all that;
I was not really trying to find Jeshua (I personally prefer a more Dionysian point of reference).

You mentioned St Paul as one of the gnostics in an external source and I included a link that deals with Saul/Paul to see if you had an opinion on the contents relating to Paul; posterity will decide wether Jesus existed or not, I am not that fussed.

As for gnosis it just means knowledge, you can add all the other ingredients if you like but it makes the gravy too thick and in the end you have a definition wich is vain because you describe it and insignificant because every individual on this planet has direct, personal experience.

Ersatz
Signature
"The Book of Invisibility
Fragments of the Book are sometimes stumbled upon by lucky people: geeks, seers, lunatics, gold diggers, plain thinkers and visionaries but when they come to describe their experience to others they unfortunately cloak their wonder in too much vanity and importance so that the Book’s Words remain Invisible"

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bookling

A great deal depends on why you are seeking... if it is to find true enlightement there are many paths that will help. It comes down to an individual basis... if you are merely curious you will ask in here and have 20,000 plus opposing viewpoints, and probably leave more confuded than you came in...

Yes I have... all three

I guess I am trying to get to something beyond romantics. You see so much in regards to masons involving the writting of papers and studies alone but nothing more ever mentioned.

Thats because a lot of wriiting about masons is done by non-masons...and conspiracy nuts don't take what masons say as believable. Want the truth about masons, ask a mason... if you don't beleve what he says... then what will you believe?

Than there is other cults that seem a bit playful with more dress up or for show type persona to have any actual practice.

So little words yet you say so much. By saying "other cults" you are oviously of the belief that masons are a cult. With that in mind you won't find many doors of mystical societies open either. Masons are not a cult, Rosicrucians are not a cult

Tel me your point, your reason to want to know... perhaps I can point you somewhere. But as long as you think "cult" ....

Anyone out there know what this is?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Hi Tamahu, thanks for all that;
I was not really trying to find Jeshua (I personally prefer a more Dionysian point of reference).

My understanding is that the Dionysian Mysteries point to the same Christic Initiation as the Christian Mysteries.

So either way, we can experience the same Gnosis.

You mentioned St Paul as one of the gnostics in an external source and I included a link that deals with Saul/Paul to see if you had an opinion on the contents relating to Paul; posterity will decide wether Jesus existed or not, I am not that fussed.

Masonic Light and I were discussing Paul in a thread starting with this post, from an esoteric perspective.

As for gnosis it just means knowledge

Exoterically that is.

...you can add all the other ingredients if you like but it makes the gravy too thick and in the end you have a definition wich is vain because you describe it

If you just leave it at "knowledge" it is vain, and only stays at the exoteric level.

The profane "scientists" have plenty of knowledge, however look at what they're doing to this Planet and the minds of it's inhabitants.

But you're right in that Truth, Gnosis can't actually br described.

As Masonic Light reminded us in that thread, of the Taoist maxim: "The Tao that can be spoken is not the true Tao".

and insignificant because every individual on this planet has direct, personal experience.

Every individual including said scientists may be having direct, personal experience... but of what?

Suffering.

Gnosis in the Buddhist context(yes, Buddhism is Gnosis) is that Gnowledge that liberates sentient beings from suffering.

And suffering is based on i-gno-rance(The main Root Poison in Buddhism which is the anti-thesis of the Dharmakaya/Ancient of Days).

It is one of the Three Traitors of Christ/Chiram Abiff, the former who is Pilate/Ortelut.

So the knowledge that the ego(suffering) indentifies with through the intellect, we could say is Gnosis inverted, or Agnosis(not Gnosis).

"Demonius est deus inversus"-"The Demon is the will of God inverted."

Speaking of Dionysius, let us look at the two kinds of Dionysian Intoxication:

The Three Mountains

Unquestionably, Mammon and Dionysus can never be conciliated because they are incompatible in their summaries as well as in their contents.

In an irrefutable axiomatic way, we can and even must define Mammon with two terms:

A) Intellectualism
B) Money (gold, material wealth)

It is urgent to correctly define Dionysus in the following precise and blunt way:

A) Voluntary transmutation of the sexual libido
B) Transcendental Mystical Ecstasy

Now it is opportune to cite (amongst the lucky dates of this wretched pygmoid humanity) the date February 4, 1962 and the hour between 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon in which all the planets of our solar system were reunited in supreme cosmic council, precisely under the brilliant constellation of Aquarius, in order to initiate the new Age within the august thunders of thought.

Since that memorable date and under the regency of Uranus (the very venerable and very meritorious Lord of Aquarius) the Dionysian Wave is intensely vibrating within the entire nature.

It is important to emphasize within this present chapter the transcendental news that such a cited planet has been, is, and always shall be the brilliant star that intelligently rules and governs the endocrine sexual glands.

Now you will be able to comprehend by yourselves the intrinsic motive which the intensive Dionysian vibration originates in these moments.

Nonetheless, the concrete fact that the terrestrials in their overwhelming majority were not at the same level of the circumstances is evident, clear, and manifest. Earthlings were not capable of positively polarizing themselves with such a Cosmic Wave...

Therefore, to define the two aspects, positive and negative, of this cosmic vibration is relevant, urgent, and indispensable.

Positive Dionisian Pole: Sexual enjoyment by means of sublimation; voluntary transmutation of the entity of semen; awakened Consciousness; objective knowledge; superlative Intuition; transcendental music of the great classical Masters, etc., etc., etc.

Negative Dionisian Pole: Sexual degeneration; infrasexuality of many types; homosexuality, lesbianism; demonic pleasures within the infernal worlds by means of drugs, mushrooms, alcohol, etc., infernal music such as the “music” of these modern days, etc., etc., etc.

To comprehend in depth the intimate processes of these two poles of the Dionysian Wave is something very urgent...

As a living example of these pair of diametrically opposite poles which correspond to the mentioned undulation, it is now opportune to cite here as a mode of illustration two contemporary revolutionary movements.

Plainly speaking, I want to clearly and delicately refer to the Universal International Christian Gnostic Movements and also to the obverse of the Dionysian coin known with the ill-famed or infamous name of the Hippie Movement and subsequent cultures.

Unquestionably, the two mentioned psychological antipodes constitute, “per se,” a living, manifested demonstration of these pair of opposite poles of the tremendous Dionysian vibration.

When judiciously arriving at this part of the present chapter, the necessity of a didactic confrontation is unavoidable.

Dionysian inebriation, Ecstasy, Samadhi, obviously is indispensable when one is trying to experience that which is the Truth, the Reality. Such exaltation is one hundred percent possible by means of the technique of meditation.

Psychedelia is different. This term must be translated as this: psyche = “Soul”; delia = “drug.”

By specifying we will state: Psychedelia is the anti-pole of Meditation. The inferno of drugs is within the interior of the planetary organism on which we live, under the very epidermis of the terrestrial crust.

Hallucinatory mushrooms, L.S.D., pills, marihuana, etc., etc., etc., evidently intensify the vibratory capacity of the subjective powers, but it is ostensible that they could never originate the awakening of the Consciousness.

Psychedelic drugs fundamentally alter the sexual genes and this is already scientifically demonstrated. The birth of monstrous children is evidence of the sequence of such negative, genetic mutations.

Meditation and Psychedelia are incompatible, opposite and antagonistic. They can never be mixed.

Unquestionably, these two factors of the Dionysian inebriation refer and indicate psychological rebellion.

Gnostics and Hippies were annoyed with the vain intellectualism of Mammon. They were bored with so many theories. They arrived at the conclusion that the mind, as an instrument of investigation, is abundantly miserable...

Zen? Gnana Yoga? These are superlative. Faculties of cognition which are infinitely superior to the mind exist in a latent state within us. We can experience that which is the Reality, that which is not of time, in a direct way by means of these faculties.

Unfortunately, the Hippie Movement preferred the inferno of drugs. Indubitably, they defined themselves perversely.

We, the Gnostics, plainly disappointed with the stubborn intellectualism of Mammon, drink the wine of meditation from the cup of perfect concentration.

Radical and in depth psychological changes are urgent when we are disappointed with the scoundrels of the mind.

To return to the original point of departure is what is wise. Only thus is a radical transformation possible.

Sexology? Bless my soul oh God and Hail Mary! This theme horrifies the puritans...

It is written in the sacred scriptures with words of fire that sex is a stumbling stone and a rock of offense...

The evidence stands out; we are not the offspring of any theory, school or sect.

In the crude root of our existence, we only find the coitus of a man and a woman...

We were born nude, somebody cut our umbilical cord, we cried, and then we searched for the maternal breast...

Clothing? Schools? Theories? Erudition? Money, etc., etc., etc.? All of these came later on, as an addition.

Beliefs of all types exist everywhere. However, the unique force which can transform us in an integral and unitotal way is the force which placed us on the carpet of existence. I am referring to the creative energy of the first instant, to the sexual potency.

The delightful love, the erotic enjoyment, is by logical sequence the greatest joy...

To know how to wisely copulate is indispensable when a definitive psychological change is sincerely longed for.

The Hippies forebode all of this when they revolted against Mammon, but they erred in their way. They did not know how to synchronize themselves with the positive pole of Dionysus.

We, the Gnostics, are different, we know how to enjoy. To transmute and sublimate the libido is enjoyable for us. This is not a crime.

The Hippie Movement and subsequent cultures resolutely marches on the devolving, descending path of infrasexuality.

The Universal International Christian Gnostic Movements victoriously progress on the ascendant revolutionary path of suprasexuality.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As Manly P. Hall said in Melchizedek and the Mystery of Fire, that the process of Regeneration is almost as much physio-biological as it is spiritual.

Anyway, I'm not trying stop anyone from attaining their own Gnosis; on the contrary, I do hope that what I have to share will help others to attain their own Gnosis.

"Do what thou (Inner-GOD)wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under (the)will(of thy Inner-GOD)."

Originally posted by zorgon
Anyone out there know what this is?

I've never seen this specific work, but I'll give it a shot.

It looks like the All-Seeing Eye of RA-represented with the Seven Planetary Rays-emanating Nine Sephiroth from the Absolute-which are Nine Rays of Light-over the Waters of Life.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was just doing a search on the All-Seeing Eye of RA, and came across the following; a perfect example of the negative pole of Dionysian Intoxication:

Burning Man

Camp DeNile

Camp DeNile promotes health and sexual potency with Pharoah's Love Potion: Gin and Tonic! Come visit Camp DeNile to experience this rejuvanitive elixer! We promote wisdom as we celebrate the all-seeing Eye of Ra!

Oh really?

Looks more like part of the Black Lodge conspiracy to invert the celebration of the Elixer of Long Life/Sexual Potency, by introducing literal drunkeness and fornication(spilling of the 'rejuvanitive elixer' which is the semen) into it.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You are a mine of informations and I do admire your ability to retain data, I could not travel with such a luggage; a little exoteric suffering is necessary: one would not enjoy the sun if it weren't for the clouds.
I was talking of Dionysian in the sense of chaos, instinct, surprise as opposite to Apollonian logic and rational.
I do not want to sound dismissive but if everytime I did something I had to bear in mind half of the correspondences you are able to quote I would die of spam.

I say doubt everything, find you own light.

May your God journey close to your heart.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ersatz I would die of spam.
I say doubt everything, find you own light. .

Interesting philosophy... knowlege is spam...

Can't find the light without knowlege... life isn't meant to be easy

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

I've never seen this specific work, but I'll give it a shot.

It looks like the All-Seeing Eye of RA-represented with the Seven Planetary Rays-emanating Nine Sephiroth from the Absolute-which are Nine Rays of Light-over the Waters of Life

Interesting description...

Its the FIRST American flag... designed by Rosicrusians and Masons... before they created the USA

shhhh don't tell anyone... well no one in here pays close attention anyway... wonder what happened to the person who asked the question here?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Ersatz I would die of spam.
I say doubt everything, find you own light. .

Interesting philosophy... knowlege is spam...

Can't find the light without knowlege... life isn't meant to be easy

Dear Zorgon,
You are quoting out of context, had you followed the complete thread you would have also noticed that IMO
knowledge without wisdom is like a camel with a load of books on his back.
With regards to "life is not meant to be easy" I said earlier that one would not enjoy the sun if it weren't for the clouds.

Hope this explanation will find you in a less critical mood.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join