It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great recipe my b.f. made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I incorporate cabbage often in my diet. I swear by it. Whenever someone asks me what I do to have great skin & hair (among other things health related), I say it's the cabbage.
It's generally considered a great detoxifier for the body. It is NOT recommended raw.

Here is a delicious recipe my b.f. made for dinner recently. I just love it.

Blasted Squid with Gingered Cabbage

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small head savoy cabbage, about 1-1/2 pounds, shredded & chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
About a dozen tiny squid, cleaned, or 1 pound larger squid, cleaned & cut into pieces
Juice of 1 lemon
Minced fresh parsley for garnish

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med heat & cook the cabbage, stirring occasionally. When it is limp but not mushy, add the garlic, salt, & pepper. Cook another 2 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove to a platter & keep warm.

Heat a 12 inch nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot, about 5 mins. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan liberally with salt. Place as many squid in the pan as will fit without crowding (you probably will need to do this in 2 batches; salt the pan again before cooking the 2nd batch). Do not lower the heat. Turn after about 2 mins. & cook the other side for 1 min.

Place the squid atop the cabbage & drizzle with the lemon juice; sprinkle with the parsley & serve.

Yield: 4 servings

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Sounds nice! I've been dying to try a squid receip, so maybe this will be the one..

join