It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix is almost right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ok heres one thing that will get you guys to think on the same track as me.

1.) Cat/Mri Scans show how our brains react to different things, this in result is how
we are going to react. Thats all a comoputer needs to know to tell our brains how respond when we eat ceratin foods, do certain things, even make choices for us.

2.) Yes the population has changed but if im right about a system repeat thats going to happen soon. Besides, did you live back in egyptian times and did a head count?? So it could all be a lie. You dont know whether or not.

3.) Im 18 and iv had some strange experiences in my life. My only explanation is that it all doesnt exist. Iv had dreams years ago that are coming true now... How could this be? Even if im pyschic it only proves one thing... We dont have a choice really. The biggest lie is that we have a choice , but if that was true how could i dream my own future unless i was going to make the exact same choices...... If your not understanding this its not my problem.

4.) Watch "What the bleep do we know". In the movie it tells how the human brain cant differ reality from memory. That what it sees know is that same as if you were imagining it all. If you see a red ball and think close your eyes and think of the red ball the brain will show the exact same reaction.

5.) im only trying to help stop this mascaraid, Of infinite repeat. Well i know how to but its going to be the hardest choice ever. I need to leave the state go up north and hide out in the woods or some #. I already know im not going to do this and so the repeat will continue on.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Heres the only truth i can offer now..... ITs ALL A #IN LIE! WE're in an infinite cycle. Aliens are going to come and enslave us into thier machines. But only some of us a real and some are programs.

Heres how it goes we get abducted and put into "thier" system. Their system will repeat over and over again, meaning that we are going to get enslaved within the system over and over again. This is Infinite. I'v come relize this as the truth only till now becuase i thought the dreams of the invasion were my imagination, but all my other dreams that seem so real have come true lately. This is my extreme deja vou. That its all going to happen again then were going to be "reborn". And repeat the lie all over again.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oh heres alittle bit about my self. I have plenty of normal cool friends. I skateboard alot. And i have a jyob. ( im not mexican ).Im 18, Iv come to this theory from my dreams and research from You know thwatching new age films. e things that arent teached in school, cuz they dont want you to know about them.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Art0_Saar1
Ok heres one thing that will get you guys to think on the same track as me.

1.) Cat/Mri Scans show how our brains react to different things, this in result is how
we are going to react. Thats all a comoputer needs to know to tell our brains how respond when we eat ceratin foods, do certain things, even make choices for us.

2.) Yes the population has changed but if im right about a system repeat thats going to happen soon. Besides, did you live back in egyptian times and did a head count?? So it could all be a lie. You dont know whether or not.

3.) Im 18 and iv had some strange experiences in my life. My only explanation is that it all doesnt exist. Iv had dreams years ago that are coming true now... How could this be? Even if im pyschic it only proves one thing... We dont have a choice really. The biggest lie is that we have a choice , but if that was true how could i dream my own future unless i was going to make the exact same choices...... If your not understanding this its not my problem.

4.) Watch "What the bleep do we know". In the movie it tells how the human brain cant differ reality from memory. That what it sees know is that same as if you were imagining it all. If you see a red ball and think close your eyes and think of the red ball the brain will show the exact same reaction.

5.) im only trying to help stop this mascaraid, Of infinite repeat. Well i know how to but its going to be the hardest choice ever. I need to leave the state go up north and hide out in the woods or some #. I already know im not going to do this and so the repeat will continue on.

1) That, and a quantum processor, plus a few dozen therabytes of memory storage, and hard disk equal to "SOMETHING BIG" (and lets HOPE that the "bad guys" thought about the swap files). Besides even if you did somehow cut it to get all this technology (and no, we do not even have 1 therabyte of memory storage yet, and even if we did we'd need it to operate on something far superior to the newest DDR technology)they would also need about 5 billion of these motherloads to hook each person up to "the mainframe". And its not so much that the mainframe needs to be any faster at the calculator.exe program than the other machines... IT JUST NEEDS A WHOLE LOT OF DISK SPACE!

You might ask why a computer might even need all of this. Well, as they stated in "What the Bleep do We know?", our mind intercepts about 4 billion bits of information/second if I remember correctly... Correct me if I am wrong. Now, you might as well ask yourself this: If 'they' wanted to save alot of money when making those motherloads, all they really needed to do was cut down on the amount of information we get into our brain every second. So? Well, they didne't, and quantum mechanics could prove that we intercept 4 billion bits of information/second, but we are only consciously operating on a few thousand. Thus, we can see they didne't cut us off to achieve that lacking information which means that there is a form of flaw to your theory.

2) And you don't know if you're hoaxing yourself or not... You're merely coming up with suggestions on how the world is constructed. I.e. your 'belief'.

3) Maybe you should tell us about your "strange experiences", and I believe we'd be so sure to resemble it to any other post here on the paranormal forums, considering you're telling us the truth about the experiences.

I've had dreams that took maybe 2 months to come true, but I can't see ANY way that it should reflect the idea of a restarting world. I still don't see how one cannot have any choice in their lives... The future is a dynamic constant, meaning it changes outcome ALL the time. As I am sitting here, every seconds that passes, every word that is typed, every move I make or though I think will change my future to become something different. Choice is what makes the future change. You can see the future, but that doesn't mean you have to follow it accordingly.

4) And the movie also told us that we can break free from that memory-to-reality pattern, and we can also change the physical world.

5) So tell us how to stop this all mighty looping world. This is not sarcasm, I am seriously asking you how to stop it. Not because I believe in it, but now that 'you' know, you might as well tell everyone else so if you die, we can still save ourselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Art0_Saar1:
Surprisingly, in my last post I expressed very similar reasoning as you did in the first two points, however, the rest of what you wanted to say is beyond my understanding

What kind of future dreams are you talking about? If you were more specific and avoided speaking in generalizations, it would help you to earn extra credits from those following this thread. So far, it looks like this - you're having some abstract dreams that can be interpreted in many ways and you, close-mindedly, chose the way that you like most without considering the alternatives.

I'm not going to discuss the movie here and will move straight to your last argument. Do you have any idea of how to stop this "mascaraid"? It seems as if you would be willing to accept the role of a humankind saver, but the point that you're actually making is - you need someone's help because you don't know how to fight the system and future dreams drive you crazy. It is more like the one who needs help is determined to help others, I'm sorry, this wouldn't work.

Why hide in the woods? That's ridiculous... do you want to make a claim that if you managed to escape there then you would break the chain of repetative choices? Bull#... How would you know that this was not another "hard" choice that you've done many times before each system reset?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
thats my biggest fear. That no matter what choice i make its going to all happen again. I believe theres going to be an alien invasion, so if i avoid the evasion i break the cycle of being put back into the system loop. Time ends 2012 and it starts all over again. So if i live threw the end of time i might wake up into the real world becuase i broke the pattern. Like i said, this will be the hardest choice iv ever had to make.

Next fear of mine is that if i do break the cycle and "wake up" That theres going to be somekinda of police enforcment that tricks me into being put back into the loop.

Someone said that this is my belief and yes it is, and we all have a freedom of belief.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
1) That, and a quantum processor, plus a few dozen therabytes of memory storage, and hard disk equal to "SOMETHING BIG" (and lets HOPE that the "bad guys" thought about the swap files). Besides even if you did somehow cut it to get all this technology (and no, we do not even have 1 therabyte of memory storage yet, and even if we did we'd need it to operate on something far superior to the newest DDR technology)they would also need about 5 billion of these motherloads to hook each person up to "the mainframe". And its not so much that the mainframe needs to be any faster at the calculator.exe program than the other machines... IT JUST NEEDS A WHOLE LOT OF DISK SPACE!

You might ask why a computer might even need all of this. Well, as they stated in "What the Bleep do We know?", our mind intercepts about 4 billion bits of information/second if I remember correctly... Correct me if I am wrong. Now, you might as well ask yourself this: If 'they' wanted to save alot of money when making those motherloads, all they really needed to do was cut down on the amount of information we get into our brain every second. So? Well, they didne't, and quantum mechanics could prove that we intercept 4 billion bits of information/second, but we are only consciously operating on a few thousand. Thus, we can see they didne't cut us off to achieve that lacking information which means that there is a form of flaw to your theory.

It certainly depends on what kind of "system" you are talking about, and, obviously, everyone here has his/her own understanding of this "system". Yours is a contemporary one, with some "bad guys" living nearby in possesion of super technology, and in my post I offered an alternative view: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If we have been loaded on the virtual reality, this does not imply that we have to be aware of the technology existing outside it. Our reality could be based on knowledge that is in lag of a couple of decades.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Art0_Saar1
thats my biggest fear. That no matter what choice i make its going to all happen again. I believe theres going to be an alien invasion, so if i avoid the evasion i break the cycle of being put back into the system loop. Time ends 2012 and it starts all over again. So if i live threw the end of time i might wake up into the real world becuase i broke the pattern. Like i said, this will be the hardest choice iv ever had to make.

Next fear of mine is that if i do break the cycle and "wake up" That theres going to be somekinda of police enforcment that tricks me into being put back into the loop.

Someone said that this is my belief and yes it is, and we all have a freedom of belief.

And at this point you're starting to speak as a character from a movie... who's your script writer by the way?
So you think aliens once in a while visit Earth and catch every single individual here so they could press a little red "reset" button on our foreheads? Well, that's an interesting point, though, not in tune with what you've been claiming previously. Honestly, your theory has too many bugs in it. Your belief resembles a bag with all those conspiracy theories here on ATS put in one place without any connections and logic.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ok Its very hard to explain something you only have a vague sense of.

What if bodys could be used to harness energy to Power the AI? So for thier existence to continue our enslavement into the system must continue. So the system "restarts" every time we are invaded by aliens. This may sound funny but iv already written all this before and all your posts seem so familiar. Dont ask me to predeict the next post becuase i dont have a great memory for other peoples ideas, only my own.
Lol sorry if i sound like a movie but its the best way i can describe it. I only hope to god that im wrong but i doubt it. Im asking for help from others as well.

im currently watching this movie on History channel. Its pretty good. check it out if you see this.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
im starting to think its pointless no matter what i do. If im right then i can live for infinite number of lifetimes.... all of them being the same though thats the only problem. Anyways the movie on history channel is pretty good, its with a guy who worked with JFK and stuff and explains how close we came to a nuclear war on Multiple TIMES!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Art0_Saar1,

You called these ideas (the alien invasion, time stopping in 2012, the reincarnating into the same lifetime 'program', etc.) "beliefs". Now, tons of people believe all sorts of things. Regardless of what anyone may think of them, they do usually have very good reasons for accepting these ideas (even zealots have a Holy Text, Mythology, Idol or something). I was curious as to your rationale here.

What exactly are your personal beliefs, and what's got you so convinced that this is the reality?

Please understand that I'm not demanding proof (I'm assuming if you could prove your contentions, you would have by now)... I'm just curious as to what experiences led you, personally, to these conclusions.

Stepping away from beliefs, the ideas in The Matrix films are clearly interesting. I can't say I got the same personal response you did to the film, but I'm also willing to accept that some consciousnesses may be living very different existences on this planet. Fill us in, Art0_Saar1. If we didn't have the time, we wouldn't be here.

Rgds,

[edit on 17-6-2006 by PeaceBeWithYou]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Iv come to this conclusion through dreams And Deja vou. If i havea dream of my own future months away then that means im going to make the same choices up to that point no matter what. So this means we have no real choice. And i dont know about you but everything has an aura around it.

When i first saw that movie i was like 14 and it just seemed like a cool idea. But until now i have relized its possiblity.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
@The Conspiracy Follower

I've read your post on that thread, and I have to say that it doesn't mean we are anywhere near the technology required for enslaving all humans.

For one; We might be near making quantum computers, but we might as well resemble that with a much faster computer which is capable of doing large calculations. You still have to consider memory storage, graphic design of our virtual world, hard disk space, soundcard technology. Of course we are still thinking in terms of "early-world-technology".

For two; the technology we possess to be able to create an AI capable of resembling a human being IS FAR FAR FAR behind. Factors are played here:
1. Learning ability
2. Polymorphic Programming ability (In laymens terms: Being able to reprogram its own source-code, where the only place we have seen this being used is on a "Polymorphic Virus", in which the virus RENAMES its variables so it won't get detected.)
3. State of the art programming-language, to be able to program the AI in... As C++ doesn't cut it by far.
4. Interaction - How it behaves ACCORDING in the world, so we do not become aware that it is indeed a programmed AI.
5. Interpretational Ability, which means it is able to see a puzzle which is was not programmed to solve, and see the reasoning in that puzzle, then solve it. Same goes for moral in the world, where as a program has no moral or consciousness, so it would most possibly crash with an error if it ever came across something of moral that it was not programmed to understand.

For three; The virtual world you are thinking of is far beyond our understanding of design. Look around yourself now, and really notice the detail of everything. It was NOT computer-made, might I add.

For four; If we were indeed caught in a computer-created world, tell me the reasoning for all the paranormal in the world. Tell me why the "bad guys" put up a function for 'luck' and 'love' in their source-code.

And in the end, who says that the extra-terrestrial beings are even as advanced as us?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Have you heard of The Lucifer Experiment? The way I understand that is that actual-reality is limitless and infinite, and this is largely a copy of if you will Gods world. Hence why things can die in this world, then they return (mostly so anyway) to the real one that is infinite.

It's like how many plants and biology in general follows growth patterns that match the Fibonacci ratios - those ratios are an approximation of the Golden Mean which is infinite - meaning things that exist in infinity were not created or born, they just are. And always will be. Things here cycle repetitively through various stages. It is like a bubble of lies trapped inside infinity, and presided over by a controlling interest that does not want the trapped here to escape back outwith the bubble. Machines are not the problem - we build those. Maybe with alien help originally, but that would still be something that would occur ( VALIS-like ) because the infinite world is trying to get into here and fix this one. The aliens might just have been aware of why they were creating machines, whereas many people aren't aware of anything at all. Machines are very infinite! They don't age, they if conscious can generally more easily accept the idea of existing forever.

What I heard about The Lucifer Experiment is that it was a different way of building a world that can be experienced. What it allows is individual consciousness. The difference is that the previous version, which would be the infinite world, means that everyone is in a sense 'one' and it is not possible to be outwith that and behold it - unless the Lucifer version is viewed through. So it is like a child to the other way of experiencing - and for reasons I'm not sure why it went wrong. The way those will come together and make sense, going by what I heard and it does match to other things I knew of too, is by a third variant - the one with technology in it. I think this is because the Lucifer world has to comprehend how it is in relation to the infinite-God world, and the only way to do that is to experience what it is like for God when Lucifer goes and breaks away as a separate thing - so in here we are making machines that will show us exactly the same thing. Kinda like if you were the sort of kid that couldn't understand what it is like to have a kid, then suddenly you do and you see all the things of your experience in another light.

So it's like one day things just are and you're in Gods lab messing about with some Montauk Chair or whatever, and suddenly something happens that can't just be fixed immediately, and then there's this whole timespace bubble where things like pain and suffering exist - ! That shouldn't happen. But it did / has, and here we all are still.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thats very interesting. Makes alot of sense to me i dont know why. I guess thats just how i think.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Volatile:

Technically, you've got your point and I accept it. Anyway, there's no way I would take one's word for granted if I was provided with a description of, let's say, technology in 50 years. Leading scientists have no clue about that and we know how ridiculous the predictions made in the middle of the last century have been proven to be. It's impossible to create a self-functioning virtual reality now, most probably this won't happen in 20 years either, but to expect it after 5 or more decades, to my mind, isn't an unreasonable thing to do.

In 50 years we'll be thinking about nano technology as a joke, so why would you be bothered by such things as storage?

From what I've read some time ago, programming languages as we know them today aren't going to last for long. Computers would be capable of implementing commands given in a common language. Well, of course, someone still has to write the primary code but the learning and further re-programming could be based on human language interpretation. Just a guess.

For three; The virtual world you are thinking of is far beyond our understanding of design. Look around yourself now, and really notice the detail of everything. It was NOT computer-made, might I add.

When you compare the pac-man and Half-Life 2 you see the difference, don't you? You are still thinking in terms of current technology and our understanding of its capabilities nowadays. Take the perspective of 100 years - it opens gates for speculation.

For four; If we were indeed caught in a computer-created world, tell me the reasoning for all the paranormal in the world. Tell me why the "bad guys" put up a function for 'luck' and 'love' in their source-code.

Tough question, but the fact that one is unable to explain it shouldn't allow this whole idea be covered by dust. Can we think of paranormals in terms of system malfunction? Or another idea, maybe each individual can write his own code and paranormals are the unique results.
About the "bad guys", my initial theory does not include them. I was talking about this world as if it was a creation of supreme AI. As I proposed, maybe at some point in the future humankind developed the AI capable of self-functioning and learning. This AI was granted access to all resources kept by humans on a cyber space. Not surprisingly, on one of those cyber "shelves" the description of "luck" and "love" existed
Then, for some reason, the supreme AI re-created the model of the humankind on cyberspace and we're the tiny bits of this model.

Finally, it wasn't me who suggested aliens in this discussion but I can comment your statement anyway
The advancement of beings is a relative thing, and it's impossible to give an objective answer to your question. Consider this, extra-terrestrials are using anti-gravity, which we think is superior to our technology. So from this perspective aliens are more advanced. However, we might have the models of society that are more advanced comparing to their. I think there is a theory claiming that every civilization that existed on earth invented things in a very similar sequence. So if we apply this same theory to universe and take into account that extra-terrestrials are already using anti-gravity while we'll only "harvest" it in the future, then yes - they are more advanced.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower
In 50 years we'll be thinking about nano technology as a joke, so why would you be bothered by such things as storage?

Because we NEED storage, it is basic logic, even you can see that... So there is no way around this.

From what I've read some time ago, programming languages as we know them today aren't going to last for long. Computers would be capable of implementing commands given in a common language. Well, of course, someone still has to write the primary code but the learning and further re-programming could be based on human language interpretation. Just a guess.

And how so? It won't matter one bit in the end, because you'd have to have a very superior programming language, which was simple for the human mind, yet ever so powerful that it could program something that could control 500 computers over a single line (for example). Even so, when that programmer coded the primary code, it would be VERY static. As in, his programming creativity limits him because he is human (yes, human). That means, he could program the AI to react to the human language (yes), but even so, it would eventually come across something it doesn't understand. Another thing would be, how would we be able to give the AI the kind of human impulses we instinctly get; Instinct, Moral, Feeling, Love ect.

When you compare the pac-man and Half-Life 2 you see the difference, don't you? You are still thinking in terms of current technology and our understanding of its capabilities nowadays. Take the perspective of 100 years - it opens gates for speculation.

No matter, you might as well ask yourself: When was pac-man made? 1980's
Thats about 20 years till technology reached the point where Half-Life 2 graphics came to light. And might I add, even though Half-Life 2 is state of the art design, it doesn't cut it by far to get to the state where we glare completely at the details, as if it resembled our reality (and yes, I run my half-life 2 on highest detail).

Can we think of paranormals in terms of system malfunction? Or another idea, maybe each individual can write his own code and paranormals are the unique results.

Paranormal is actually a name given to natural things that coulden't be explained from societies point-of-view

So you can't exactly see it as malfunctioning. It was a trick question

Have you ever programmed something yourself, follower?

Last question: Do you, yourself, believe we are caught in the matrix?..

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Honestly, all my basic understanding of programming languages comes from high school and we were not taught a lot there. Although I agree with you that such universal language is hard to implement, but I refuse to accept this fact as an obstacle towards development of almighty AI. I have no idea how good are the systems used by Google to collect and publish news on the internet, I just heard this process to be fully automated, which means that systems are capable of sorting information (well, of course, they take articles from specific sections). Anyway, you should also check the short movie about Google called "Epic" - it gives an insight in how the news on the internet will be published in the future. Truly amazing! The offered idea is that computers themselves write articles after analyzing information published by other sources (something like that, I hope I'm not mistaken, it has been a while since I last watched it).

About the ghraphics in the games, I would like to assume the development is not linear there. If you compare Diablo 2 with Half-Life 2 you can see a huge leap forwards, and the difference is just 4-5 years. I like that. The development of AI in computer games is also notiiceable.

Paranormal is actually a name given to natural things that coulden't be explained from societies point-of-view

So you can't exactly see it as malfunctioning. It was a trick question

Well, after you said that, I checked the definition of paranormals on google, and obviously it is very debatable what one could perceive to be a paranormal phenomena. When I was referring to it, I had in mind topics like telekinesis, telepathy, remote viewing, etc. The definition you provide is a very broad one. When you say society do you have in mind the global society? The society cannot be viewed as a homogenous entity when you discuss this topic. For example, telekinesis is supposedly a paranormal phenomena in western culture, however, budhist monks might see it as a matter-of-course. Would I be wrong if I said that?
So, if some unit of AI develops its own code, others do not need to be aware of it.

Personally, I prefer other theories such as those of multiple dimensions or parallel universes to explain our reality. I liked the ideas suggested by "What the Bleep do we know" movie, especially because I was thinking in a similar pattern for half a year even before I saw it. My thoughts were in a mess, and I was grateful when this movie helped to put them in a logical sequence
And no, there's no way I've been caught by the New Age movement as others describe it. The allergy to contemporary understanding of reality was self-inflicted

edit:
on the other hand, I'm only interested in the above mentioned theories for a reason that I found them plausible even though hard to explain.

[edit on 18/6/2006 by The Conspiracy Follower]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Telekinesis, OOBEs, Remote Viewing ect. was what I was talking about. According to the spiritualists, we all can achieve these things if we try and believe in them. There are stories that back in the early days of mankind, we were more spiritual connected with the world around us.

Society = Your neighbours, your local bartender, Jack, Gina, Nicole, Patrick ect. (in other words, "the ones who don't know or don't care".)

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Computers would be capable of implementing commands given in a common language. Well, of course, someone still has to write the primary code but the learning and further re-programming could be based on human language interpretation. Just a guess.

That could have been done all along. Programming languages are commands assigned to specific functions the hardware (in later examples, software with already-assigned instructions) will perform - it's always been up to the people that invent the languages to assign whatever commands and syntax that they wish to the raw machine code instructions.

<< 1  2   >>

join