It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we destroying this????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have been watching something UK residents will know of and US residents may of heard of called Springwatch which, sadly, has finished.

I am now starting this thread to ask you (yes you, and you, you ,you...not you, but you) to raise awareness.
I want you all to post an image or two showing something from the natural world which is absolutely beautiful. By doing this I hope to raise awareness of environmental concerns. This world is amazing and wonderful, from the smallest amoeba to the mighty blue whale, and we should make sure we preserve it.

We are a part of this world and as we are the ones who have caused the most damage to it, we should be the ones who set it right.
Please, please, PLEASE just contribute something and find out some of the local activities you can do to help protect our home.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is truly something everyone should look into, I will to, the future of what the world the world is dying off and we can do somethings about this.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So many views and only one reply? Come on people!

While we spend vast amounts of time focussing on human suffering, what about animal?

Imagine you were walking along peacefully, talking to your mates when suddenly you found a barb buried beneath the skin on your back. You feel yourself being pulled towards something which you begin to run away from. As you do, more barbs are stuck in you and you are dragged to the source, where you are either butchered or suffocate.

Whaling. The UN says countries are only allowed to hunt a certain amount of whales each year. To me, that is akin to allowing murderers a limit on the number of homicides they commit each year.
Whalers are using grenade harpoons which implant in the animal, before literally tearing them apart. You can imagine the effect it has on the overall population.

A LITTLE BLOODY

Under the guise of "scientific research" countries are hauling whale meat and selling it to the highest bidder. However...

In April 2006, Greenpeace claimed it had successfully shut down five private whaling companies after pressuring them "from the high seas to the supermarket shelves"

I also urge you to check out what you can do. Alot of the time, all you need do is send an email and spread the word. The majority of us live in democratic societys and our leaders HAVE to listen to us.

Thank you.

[edit on 16/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think this is pretty cute. XD

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

If it weren't for firearms, these big boys would rule.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Great. Look at the pics that are starting to come in and ask yourself, "How can we let this happen?"

Personally that fox just made me even more resolved to do my best to change the way people are thinking. We look around us each day and see these things but we are too blinded by work, or college, movies, celebrities or whatever to actually NOTICE them.

When's the last time you saw a wild mustang that was actually free and happy in its environment?

Thank you everyone who has posted.

[edit on 16/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Amazing picture Heretic. Thank you.

Although I wonder how much of that sky is due to poulltion....

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's not pollution. I took it out of my kitchen window. I live in a very unpolluted, unpopulated area in New Mexico.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

I'm sorry, I'm all for saving the planet, but isn't the above^ a blatant Photoshop job?

[edit on 16/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
No it isn't. Have a look at Wild Things Photography.
There are some amazing pictures on there of actual NATURE.

Its a good thing then Heretic, that such an amazing view isn't caused by chemicals in the atmosphere, but by natures own magic.

The image Kacen posted earlier

I'm sure you all know of the annual Canadian Seal cull. Well, if any of you have seen pictures of it you will know that the animals are killed in a way which is far from humane and free from suffering. And they also claim that it must be done as it has been done for 500 years! Are killers spared then if they have been killing for most of their life? That it has become a tradition for them means it is legal?
OF COURSE NOT
Their final argument is that it help the fish population which is declining. Know why its falling? Because the amount of fish the fisheries take is too much for the ecosystem to handle.

Click here to sign a petition to stop the seal cull

[edit on 17/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It saddens me that this thread has not taken off. I considered posting it in the environmental section of ATS but didn't think it was right. Maybe it would have gotten a better response there.
All I can do is hope that at least some of you will carry the point of this thread with you.

Serenity

Mighty

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It was fun while it lasted.

So-long proboscis, you were fun to look at, and always brought a smile to my face.

Will our grandchildren get to watch swans with a new brood of signets ???

Probably not outside a zoo.

The human race has been an ass.

And now it's too late.
Good-Bye................

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We're numbed into accepting all kinds of these things as being ok, or just into submission numbed - like we should just ignore them because 'it must be ok otherwise it wouldn't happen'.

The most common indication of a sociopath and / or serial killer is - cruelty towards animals, which is usually displayed when young (and likely continues).

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well, deciding aginst taking your word, I e-mailed them.

Apologies for the confusion. I was under the impression that the composites on our site had been indicated as such, in the image information area, but upon checking it seems that update has yet to be performed!

Hmmmmmm.

With any luck we should have some new work up soon!

So, yes, it is indeed, a blatant Photoshop job. Cheers!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

This are my favorite animals. I want this animals to thrive as long as humans do. I want all animals to thrive as long as the humans. We, as the stronger species, must protect this creatures, not destroy them. We must not misuse our strength and we must preseverve wildlife for the future generations.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Well, deciding aginst taking your word, I e-mailed them.

Apologies for the confusion. I was under the impression that the composites on our site had been indicated as such, in the image information area, but upon checking it seems that update has yet to be performed!

Hmmmmmm.

With any luck we should have some new work up soon!

So, yes, it is indeed, a blatant Photoshop job. Cheers!

Sorry for that I thought it was real. But does the fact that it was Photoshopped mean that the animal is any less beautiful?

Russian Soldier, I am also fond of the red squirrel (its that patch of white on the chest. Its too cute!) but am sad that their numbers are declining in the UK due to the grey squirrel population. Shelters have been established and refuges on the surrounding British Isles are being set up so the grey's can't get to them.

top topics

join