It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Osama Bin Laden Dead, and Does The USA Know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It would in my opinion be very strange if Bin Laden were still alive. He is very useful in US Elections, popping up when the US needs a reason to covince it's people they're losing innocent soldiers for more than Oil.

The truth is Bin Laden was probably killed in a massive Bomb attack, and identify-able evidence erased.

This would be hard to make people believe. His allies probably have tons of unseen footage of him, which if the USA killed him and said so, they could use to refute this. Even his followers may be duped also into thinking Bin Laden Is still alive, producing more reasons for the US/British Habitation to continue.

Soon when all the OLD tapes, and Forgeries have run out, or served their purpose, a Lookalike will be set up either to be killed or to be sent through Court in Afghanistan.
Purpose used

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My crystal ball says OBL is in Iran and he is being used as a pawn in more ways then one to direct US politics. This may also be why the big ruse in regards to Iran and nuclear ambitions.

Behind the scenes Iran is using OBL as a pawn to keep the US of its back. The US can not attack Iran where OBL is because the International community is not behind us at the moment. While they stand with us in regards to Iran and nuclear weapons. US launching an attack to take out OBL without first disclosing to the world that is our intention and thus tipping him off will not work.

Iran can use him as a power play to say, hey we have him and as long as he is here he can not effectivly make attempts to attack the US. However should you not want to negotiate with us we may have no choice but to set him free with a few hundered pounds of uranium to do with as he pleases.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hi robertfenix,

I almost hope he is if it would stop the USA killing Iranians. I dissagree, but I find your views very interesting.

All the best,

Leif.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If OBL is dead and I were in power and wanted to keep this war going I would not admit it. I think he is dead and unfortunatly the administration is going to keep using him to further it's justification to go after Iran. I hope they do not mix it up with Iran. But, because this is now a tool that Iran will play just as well as the US it could get ugly. Iran is in a rather bad position with the rest of the world. It's almost a repeat of the Saddam thing. Show us the weapons or we get you. This time it's stop or we get you. Bad scene either way.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
lilwolf,

You got the point across beter than me.

I think you've got the Iran situation worked out 100%.

Very glad to hear your views lilwolf,

Best Wishes,

Leif.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leif
I almost hope he is if it would stop the USA killing Iranians.

What Iranians are you talking about. I havent seen any news articles about the US attacking Iran. Please inform me of the articles that you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reali think about this. if the usa can read our news papers using saterlight. and see into our houses using heat rision i think they could seen into moutainse to find anyone. think about that one!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think OBL is dead as well though I put his medical conditions higher up on the list the US bombs with the devastating Earthquakes in Pakistani comming in third for possible deaths.

Osama needs dialysis which I can tell you from personally experience is a large endeavor requiring HUGE regular shipments of supplies, reliable access to electricity and clean conditions. Your not likely pulling this off in a Mountain hut or cave.

The biggest evidence is the lack of any concrete video evidence IMO Which in this day and age is easy to produce anywhere on the planet. Osama had a huge ego and could not have, remained silent for so long if he were still alive. Heck this guy even liked to take credit even for things he had nothing to do with .

The trumpet his own survival verus the huge US would be a massive PR victory for him. But his death at the hands of the US or even worse a natural event or medical condition would be a huge blow against his org.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I take the veiw that OBL never lived and will never die. He is a propeganda tool used to manipulate the populous, the modern version of the bogey man. He never lived becuse almost everything said about him is exagerated to such an extent it's untrue. He will never die becuase the actions that were claimed to be perpetrated by his image have shaped the worlds recent history and will continue to shape it for the foreseable future.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think its pretty clear Osama "lived" if his exploits are exaggerated is another matter all together IMO.

His exploits aren't even that exaggerated in my view. He threw alot of money around Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion and perhaps did alittle fighting. He is not really portrayed as the hero in that war. Afghanistan was chiefly won by native Afghan insurgents not foriegn fighters which Osama was were a minor factor. His money was far more important and that paled to what the US supplied to insurgents.

Besides 9-11 he is not widely accepted to have done that much no matter how many claims he makes.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted by lilwolf
If OBL is dead and I were in power and wanted to keep this war going I would not admit it. I think he is dead and unfortunately the administration is going to keep using him to further it's justification to go after Iran. [Edited by Don W]

Somebody forged the “yellow uranium” documents from Niger. Sec. Powell used those documents in his February UN speech running up to the March 18 war. The documents are generally admitted to be forgeries but no one wants to venture who forged the documents.

Let’s say off the bat it was not Niger. Had Niger made the documents, they would not have been forgeries. Let’s admit Saddam did not make the documents. Let’s admit the only remaining source is the CIA on orders from the Oval Office. The forgeries were then forwarded to MI6, which then sent them back to us over their imprimatur so that Sec. Powell was able to “truthfully” say the documents had been received from a reliable source. If the Oval Office can do that, then why not lie about OBL?

I hope they do not mix it up with Iran. This is a tool that Iran will play just as well as the US; it could get ugly. Iran is in a rather bad position with the rest of the world. It's almost a repeat of the Saddam thing. Show us the weapons or we get you. This time it's stop or we get you. Bad scene either way.

Right. Another prove me a negative. However, Iran is in a much stronger position than Iraq. No rational person thought the US would actually go to war in Iraq. Now that is past and we know the current US leadership would. Which by our own democracy is in power until January 20, 2009. A date to watch.

I say Iran is stronger than Iraq for 5 reasons.
1. Russia shares a border with and is friendly to Iran.
2. China is making petro and gas deals with Iran.
3. Iran exports 1.5 million barrels a day, the loss of which to the world market will cost the US a lot of money.
4. The Strait of Hormuz can be closed “on the sly” by Iran, again, sending the price of oil through the ceiling.
5. The Supreme Leader of Iran is the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, since 1989. President Ahmadinejad is #2 in Iran and what he says is as much for public consumption as it is for law and order.

Because Iran is a Shia country, I do not see the Wahhabi Sunni OBL hiding in Iran.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Perhaps that is why GWB stated...

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush March 2002

Perhaps the US government does know he's dead and is now using him to perpetuate the fear of terrorism in the american people.

Osama bin Laden: A dead nemesis perpetuated by the US government

Bin Laden's voice was detected regularly until [14 December 2001] by intelligence operatives monitoring radio transmissions in Tora Bora, according to the Pentagon [details]. Since then, nothing has been heard from the al-Qa'eda leader and President Bush has hinted in private that bin Laden's silence could mean he has been killed. [Telegraph, 12/28/2001]

new topics

top topics

join