It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Terror is to Stop Another Great Depression

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The simple face is we all know that the US is going after Oil in Syria, Iran Iraq. They have lost controll of Russia for the moment, and are always talking about the "War On Terror".

This war on Terror is an excuse to get Oil to help the failing economy of the West, especially USA.

The September 11th attacks were all done by people who resided in America and Great Britain. this is widely known. At the time the USA was in a slump, and heading for a possible repeat of the 1929 Depression if something wasn't done. 9/11 happened the USA looked like a victim, blamed Afghanistan, and later used this blame to incriminate Iraq - Weapons of Mass Destruction, which the WHOLE WORLD PROTESTED DIDN'T EXIST!

Now the USA tell us that the next Oil Rich Country (IRAN) is also EVIL
They tell Us they are using Nuclear methods to create Weapons Of Mass Destruction

We can't do a thing I'm afraid, but these Men: Blair and Bush, will have to live with being sent to Hell.

It stands that the ONLY Country EVER to use Nuclear Weapons Of Mass Destruction is, wait for it... THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Funny that isn't it. I thought they were the good guys!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I agree that we're fighting for oil, I also happen to believe that this particular administration should not be trusted and that they have knowingly lied to us about reasons to go to war.

I do however disagree that the economy was in trouble prior to 9/11. We were all such happy self-centered consumers our biggest news story on september 10 2001 was "did gary condit kill the intern girl he was sleeping with". 9/11 changed all that of course and again the economy was certainly not in trouble anyone who runs a business will tell you it was better before the war then now.

I can't speak for other members but in los angeles you could almost smell the civil dissent in the air prior to 9/11/01.

I believe the government allowed it to happen but not for the reasons you believe I believe it was more about controlling a self indulgent society that was quickly spinning out of control of the government.

America has never not had an enemy, we're used to fighting somebody wether in a cold or hot war. Since the fall of the soviet union we were turning ever more inward and amongst all our other indulgences most citizens were beginning to really question our own government and the way we act in the world...then bang 9/11 and we all stopped thinking about it because again we were in the confortable them versus us stage.

As for this:

It stands that the ONLY Country EVER to use Nuclear Weapons Of Mass Destruction is, wait for it... THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Funny that isn't it. I thought they were the good guys

Yeah a lot of people like to throw this out, but you can't just look back sixty some odd years later without thinking about context. We were certainly more naive back then and less educated about nuclear weapons because quite frankly it was a new science.

Everybody loves to say the U.S. are the only people to drop nuclear weapons in war which is true in itself but without context; and understanding the mentality of those involved both before and after dropping the bomb it's just grenade tossing.

If you really think that those who built the bomb and then saw the devistation and horror they wrought on innocent japanese civilians...if you think they were proud and happy with themselves you are sadly mistaken.

spiderj

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They knew enough about the Bomb to risk dropping it: at the time there was a believed possibility of chain reaction to other Atoms, which could people believed destroy the World.

Other Countries Had the Tech., even a Sci Fi writer of the time explained how it worked and got into trouble with the USA Heirarchy. But NOBODY ELSE risked it.

Just my opinion, neither of us is right or wrong.

Many thanks for reading my article.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
By the Way Spiderj,

I didn't necessarily mean that a Depression was happening but rather it was going to and the US KNEW this.

I think a lot of what you say is good. Look at a US Airport today, if Americans in the Cold War saw that and were asked which country it was they would think it was The Soviet Union! The 9/11 was a Terror for us the People, but a Perfect tool for Politicians

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The problem is it's such a rabbit hole every question has multiple answers. And it is impossible to judge. As for me business was good and looking to be better before 9/11 as was the same for most people I know.

I would like to make one last comment on the U.S. dropping nukes in ww2. Just keep in mind that while we had theories we had no real idea of what these things would do when dropped in a heavily populated area.

The main point to understand is that we haven't used them since. Why? Because we now know the true horror of nuclear war. If we hadn't learned our lesson after hiroshima and nagasaki there never would have been a cuban missile crisis there would have been a cuban missile strike.

Again this is just opinion but I have read alot about the scientists involved in the project and think its' very important to understand how they felt after the bomb was dropped than before.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
video.google.com...

The person presenting the lecture in this video (about the drug connection, money laundering and the banking system) says that NY stock exchange dropped 900 points in the immediate weeks prior to 9/11 and it would have made the 1929 crash seem like a picnic (his words).

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Scubadiver, Thanks for the Link.

Spiderj, I agree the people who dropped the bomb and the Scientists, were good men who genuinly didn't know how horrible it would be. Why haven't the USA done it since? In my opinion, because they use it in their Terror descriptions, and they need to keep people the World over seeing them as the Police of the World.

I think any Good Man who goes into Politics is used by it: it has it's own Agenda, the same for all nations - Domination by any means, for your available means.

Thanks to you both for your opinions I really appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yep it's a sticky wicket all right.

As for the big drop I believe that had a lot more to do with the dotcom bubble burst than anything else, which most people knew was coming and it did effect a lot of other businesses, but these things tend to be self correcting especially after an industry built on absolutely nothing (the internet boon of the late nineties) collapses in on itself.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the Dow had already started to decline a year earlier. Jan 2000 the Dow was at 11,908.50 and in April of 2001 it was as low as 10,940 or so. Yes, it did show some signs of possibly turning upwards prior to 9/11 but the decline had started already.

The NASDAQ ended 1999 over 4,000, peaked in March of 2000 and began the steady decline until May of 01 where it popped up a bit and then began falling again.

In March of 2000 Clinton and Blair (I think it was Blair) signed an information sharing agreement that stunted the growth of the biotech market. This was the beginning of the end for many of the nasdaq high fliers.

then, a year later, the markets had tanked and in March and April of 2001 people got their mutual fund reporting for their taxes. They had these massive capital gains that they were being taxed on but their funds were already in the toilet. Money was yanked from the markets to cover taxes, bringing the markets down some more. The flow ebbed in the summer and the brave and the ballsy, seeing the beat up prices, jumped back into the waters, only to be greeted by the 9/11 tanking a couple of months later.

Now, when you couple the market tankings with the unnecessary expanding and spending many of these overvalued companies tossed around, you were dealing with a huge problem. All the corporate borrowing and based on inflated values and profitless companies resulted in many of the tech stocks folding and leaving investors and lenders in their wake.

We were already into the beginnings of the resession, 9/11 didn't cause it and 9/11 didn't start it. It only made it worse.

The economy is cyclical. A president's actions and global events can tweak that cycle. Clintons acts made the run up faster and larger and when things move up too fast or get too large too fast, the ensuing reversal is that much worse.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As usual I stands corrected. Everyone say thank you to Proffesor Crakuer.

Nice crakeur, thanks for clearing that up.

SPiderj

edit to add: I still do not think 9/11 was orchestrated to help the economy, nor do I think that is what crakuer was trying to say. But it does give me a better idea of why I am not running a fortune 500 company.

[edit on 6/15/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Crakeur, Maybe I didn't make my view very clear: I know 9/11 didn't help the situation by it's occurance. However it allowed the USA a reason to get it's fuel, oil, and set the problem straight, by it's consequenses.

The USA only just got to take IRAQ anyway, imagine if they hadn't had 9/11. Nobody would believe a country like America could be harmed by a small Middle-Eastern Country like Iraq - which had no plans to EVER invade anywhere but Kuwait, dion't forget also that Saddam Hussain was placed in power by US&England, and Bin Laden was used by US and England to fight USSR.

Fear makes people forget morals, and creates Patriotism, and Togetherness

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
9/11 was the catalyst/excuse for many things. The war on terror, war in iraq, on freedom (patriot act) etc.

I'm with Spiderj on not thinking the US was behind 9/11. I think they had some clues as to what might be coming but I simply think our various government agencies were too large and far removed from eachother to put two and two together.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Crakeur, maybe yes.

thanks for your feedback, I appreciate the detail you entered in your post.

My whole theory is based on the fact that at the time I saw the US Dollar going lower and lower. The Towers fell, Binladen is linked to IRAQ, US get controll of IRAQ and the oil. I agree at this stage were not much better, my point is I think the West would be in a mess WORSE if the USA haddn't got IRAQ's Oil.

And the US seems only interested in "Helping" Oil Rich Countries - Get someone helping AFRICA for God's sake President Bush, there are many Christians there!

Many thanks, Crakeur, Spiderj, Scubadiver.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I believe 9/11 was a financial and fear induced boondoggle for the Neocon Nation.AIPAC and PNAC have been steering this whole mess for nearly ten years now. Bush and Blair are merely captains to their controlling generals, they do what they're told.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
YIAWETA,

I agree what you say about Blair and Bush. this is the problem with Politics.

All the best,

Leif.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leif
It stands that the ONLY Country EVER to use Nuclear Weapons Of Mass Destruction is, wait for it... THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Funny that isn't it. I thought they were the good guys!

Its funny since we used a WMD on another country that was using WMD during WW2. Ironic ain't it?

If its always about oil, then maybe you can explain why we still have troops in South Korea, or troops in Bosnia or Kosovo. Explain that.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hi deltaboy,

Thanks for your message.

"Troops in South Korea, or troops in Bosnia or Kosovo." The troops in the places you mention are not in the same numbers, under the same threat, equipped with the same expendature. The question you use is a Political defense - in many ways they are there to provide this question.

Why is Africa left to Die when Iraq is "Saved"?

Why are troups in these Countries at all? They ARE needed in South Korea, Bosnia, Kosovo - indeed more are needed.

Try again.

All the best,

Leif.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
By the way deltaboy,

What Weapon Of Mass Destruction did Japan have? I must have forgotten that one

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leif
By the way deltaboy,

What Weapon Of Mass Destruction did Japan have? I must have forgotten that one

Chemical and biological weapons against the Chinese during Japan's occupation.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You got me deltaboy. I didn't know.

All the best,

Leif.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join