It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is COINTELPRO: Put to Rest for Good!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

My point was Google search results should never, ever, have an influence on what is, and is not, discussed here IF denying ignorance is the primary objective.

When you are more concerned with how your site looks when information is searched through Google, or any other search engine, you've become nothing more than a commercial site more focused on your search engine position than on "denying ignorance".

So you think it's okay to promote a hoax? Or promote someone who would seek to injur you and your family? When you've got a few more years of having people attack you and you posess the means by which they can promote that attack you come tell me this.

"Search engine position"? That doesn't even make sense...

Springer...

[edit on 6-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I thought I was quoting and I was editing, talk about bad timing and placement.

Shawnna, if you happen to have the original text I'll put it back. Sorry about that.

Springer...

ROFLMAO

No problem, Springer. I understand completely how that happened. And I wish I had my original post, but I don't. I'm comfortable with your disclaimer, if that's how it ends up. LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

My point was Google search results should never, ever, have an influence on what is, and is not, discussed here IF denying ignorance is the primary objective.

When you are more concerned with how your site looks when information is searched through Google, or any other search engine, you've become nothing more than a commercial site more focused on your search engine position than on "denying ignorance".

So you think it's okay to promote a hoax? Or promote someone who would seek to injur you and your family? When you've got a few more years of having people attack you and the means by which they can promote that attack you come tell me this.

Springer...

No - it is NOT okay to promote a hoax nor is it OK to promote anyone or anything that would result in harm to you or your family. That was NOT the point I was trying to make, and I apologize for not making it clear enough.

My point was that ATS members should NOT be afraid of asking questions related to ATS simply because of the impact it might have on Google search engine results.

Does this help clarify my thoughts on this?

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Shawnna]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes it does... Thanks.

We would never want to stifle anything, we DO reserve the right to edit names to well known abbreviations or "monikers" for reasons I hope are very clear, the subject matter is open territory.

I also can't get mad at Members who take offense to subjects either, this is afterall "our cyber home"... Misunderstandings happen and that's what happened here. The Members misunderstood his meaning and went ballistic. Appologies have been made and hopefully accepted, let's move on.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So you think it's okay to promote a hoax? Or promote someone who would seek to injur you and your family?

I think I understand. The problem is that every word you utter is so GOOGLEFIED (is that a word?) - that simply by mentioning the hoax, even in negative light, is in effect prolonging it's life. What a paradox. lol

I think what Shawnna is saying is that, its unfortunate that the "Google" paradox above has to drive what you feel can be discussed and what can't, for fear of promoting someone or something you don't want to. In other words - ain't it great to be king?

When you've got a few more years of having people attack you and you posess the means by which they can promote that attack you come tell me this.

Uh...yeah...I've already had enough of that and we've barely begun. lol Point taken!

-Ry

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Censorship!

I just screwed Shawnna's post up... I thought I was quoting and I was accidentaly editing...

This is probably every mod's worst nightmare, and if there's one of us who hasn't done this, I'd be amazed.

The buttons are right next to each other (and lately kind of squirming around), and for mods in their forums or supermods/admins in every forum, every post can be edited.

So when you're in a hurry -- which we always are -- sometimes we hit "Edit" when we mean to hit "Quote", and don't notice until it's too late.

Sorry for commenting on such an off-topic thing, but I know that horrifying, sinking feeling of posting a reply and seeing it appear under another member's name.

We're only human.

Well, except for the greys, reptilians and MIBs on the staff.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
can't you hit the page back button to get the old post back?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join