It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
[Thanks for the post Darkmind. That explains everything. Sorry to have disturbed you.

That's quite alright. Any more questions?

Seriously, I really don't think that there's anything there. That's not to say that life might have started off there, but I think that it's long gone by now. Sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Well your assumptions are valid provided you follow the official "party line". Since this is a conspiracy site, and I don't personally take everything NASA has fed us at face value, some say the Martian sky is actually blue - those Viking pics were doctored.

???? All you have to do is look at Mars in the night sky with a telescope. Ok, you can't see the atmosphere, but you also can't see any clouds at all, apart from the odd dust storm. Venus on the other hand is covered with clouds, which is one of the reasons why it's a hell planet.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
www.aliensthetruth.com...

Though not an ultimate truth, this piece of Mars footage depicts the atmosphere as blue.

If this is true, one may ask therefore why Nasa depicts the atmosphere as red?

Perhaps they are hiding something.

Pure speculation I know

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Though not an ultimate truth, this piece of Mars footage depicts the atmosphere as blue.
If this is true, one may ask therefore why Nasa depicts the atmosphere as red?
Perhaps they are hiding something.
Pure speculation I know

I'm sorry, that confused me. That was something involving mission control talking to someone called Grodin. As we've never sent a mission to Mars, that could not have been the Martian sky. Where did you get this from?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Mars could have had life on it at some point...I dunno about now...

jra

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Using footage from Alternative 3 isn't exactly credible in my opinion. But the Martian sky appears as a brownish/yellow colour, something like butterscotch, due to the mineral 'limonite' that is suspended in the atmosphere from all the dust storms. Since the particles are a reddish brown in colour, they tend to absorb blue light, rather than reflect it and the remaining wavelgths are scattered. If the atmosphere was clean of these dust particles the sky would be blue, although i'd assume it would be a darker blue due to the thinness of the atmosphere. Now there are times where there arn't dust storms on Mars and i'm sure some of the dust will settle. This would probably affect the colour of the sky a bit, probably making it a bit of a yellowish green (if enough dust settles). There are also times when there are clouds of very small dust particles that cause the Martian sunsets to be blue.

I don't understand the reason for people to believe that NASA would edit the colour of the sky on purpose. What would be the point in doing this?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Using footage from Alternative 3 isn't exactly credible in my opinion. But the Martian sky appears as a brownish/yellow colour, something like butterscotch, due to the mineral 'limonite' that is suspended in the atmosphere from all the dust storms. Since the particles are a reddish brown in colour, they tend to absorb blue light, rather than reflect it and the remaining wavelgths are scattered. If the atmosphere was clean of these dust particles the sky would be blue, although i'd assume it would be a darker blue due to the thinness of the atmosphere. Now there are times where there arn't dust storms on Mars and i'm sure some of the dust will settle. This would probably affect the colour of the sky a bit, probably making it a bit of a yellowish green (if enough dust settles). There are also times when there are clouds of very small dust particles that cause the Martian sunsets to be blue.

I don't understand the reason for people to believe that NASA would edit the colour of the sky on purpose. What would be the point in doing this?

Alternative 3 is certainly not 100% guaranteed proof but certainly raises some interesting theories and concepts.

Why edit the colour of the sky? Perhaps in the fear of public outcry. If the sky is infact blue, not only would it unsettle the public in the sense that a seemingly martian planet has Earth characteristics (a blue sky provokes connotations of life) but also it might jeopardise the mission, with people suggesting it as a hoax (a blue sky suggests it was shot on Earth)

Eitherway I dont percieve Nasa as the souce of absolute truths. Im pretty convinced their "findings" are subject to external examination and manipulation before they are released.

Supposedly we landed on mars in 1962. The Alternative 3 Science report is particularly interesting, especially seeing as it wasnt released in the US for "unknown reasons"

jra

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Why edit the colour of the sky? Perhaps in the fear of public outcry. If the sky is infact blue, not only would it unsettle the public in the sense that a seemingly martian planet has Earth characteristics (a blue sky provokes connotations of life) but also it might jeopardise the mission, with people suggesting it as a hoax (a blue sky suggests it was shot on Earth)

Why would it unsettle the public? It's only natural for an atmosphere (free of dust) to have a blue sky. A blue sky has nothing to do with life, it's just how light works. And I don't see how it would jeperdize the mission. There are some people who say the Mars missions are fake now, it has absolutely no affect on the missions. Plus where on Earth could the fake something like this?

Supposedly we landed on mars in 1962. The Alternative 3 Science report is particularly interesting, especially seeing as it wasnt released in the US for "unknown reasons"

Well it was produced in the UK correct? A lot of British programs don't get released in the US. And from what i've read, the alternative 3 thing was just an April fools joke.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
From a independent thinking, intelligent being like yourself its obviously known that's the case. However unfortunately not everyone on this planet is of the same thinking. Your average joe in the street doesnt understand nor probably cares about light particles and how atmospheres work. It's been well documented (Well's War of the Worlds Radio transmissions and other sources) that any "leaking" of information regarding UFO or aliens can turn people in widespread panic. Now Im not suggesting a mere blue sky on a martian planet would turn Earth into anarchy, however I'm of the opinion that it would unsettle the average member of society while shed question marks over the authenticity of the footage.

Earth has some of the roughest and most volitile environments concievable. Though I cant give you an exact place, I'm pretty convinced even the most elaborate hoax could be pulled off.

Alternative 3 was simultaneously broadcasted in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Greece, and Yugoslavia. Seems a little strange to leave out the US wouldn't you say?

Dont believe everything you read. It's a lot easier (and generally more satisfying) to discredit something then to stand by it in the face of ridicule and torment.

Again this is just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9LC
wait how do we know this is john lear posting on this board?

I was hoping that my avatar of me in the Lockheed CF-104D Starfighter might be a clue. Bob Lazar took the picture. Mark and Gretchen Sherman of Phoenix, AZ provided the airplane. Darryl Greenamyer checked me out. Mach 1.7 over the Arizona countryside. What a ride!

Very nice Pic... BTW any chance of me getting to take a ride in a jet with you?
One of my biggest dreams is to take a "cruise" in a fighter jet... F14 tomcat... OH yea....

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Maybe the sky did in fact used to be brow and NASA didn't edit. Maybe now though it's blue. How you ask?

If an advanced race has the ability to travel across the galaxy to Earth somehow.. antigravity, 2x speed of light, gateways, wormhole, idk.. but if they do then wouldn't they have the ability to repair an atmosphere? Maybe they are now our allies and are helping us "repair" Mars in case of a possible "accident" on Earth.

Here is a few pictures of Mars. I see mostly red/brown overall but I see some green and ice...IDK if thats always been there.

Even IF Mars were only red though I don't see how that matters. That doesn't mean theres not bases. 6million doesn't seem like that much when you compare it 6 billion.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Terra-forming of a planet by an alien species isnt such a wild concept.

Perhaps you are right that alien life is returning the planet to have the capacity to hold life once again. Alternatively a lot of enthusiasts have suggested that like the Moon, Mars is being terra-formed to hide the existence of life.

Eitherway whats most prominant amongst anything is why we havent "publicly" returned to the Moon or ventured to Mars.

There's certainly more happening then what were allowed to know

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Me and my friends were discussing mars yesterday and he thinks that there is an underground/underwater civilization called Nemdarr on mars where human/fish hybrids live together in a high tech civilization. The economy is based on sand dollars and the women are very sexy..

What do you think about this?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
Me and my friends were discussing mars yesterday and he thinks that there is an underground/underwater civilization called Nemdarr on mars where human/fish hybrids live together in a high tech civilization. The economy is based on sand dollars and the women are very sexy..

What do you think about this?

Nothing is impossible just improbable

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Global warming is a scam. The idea was put there for just another thing for us to worry about.

Some scientists believe that changing atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide could have helped bring about the climatic shifts that Stanley believes were directly linked to changes in the vegetation thriving in North America. Because the extinctions apparently were brought about by those changes in vegetation, the lesson is that carbon dioxide-linked global warming -- if it is occuring again today as many scientists believe -- could have a profound impact on future extinction rates. Article

Are you aware that over the course of billions of years, epochal climate changes have had a significant impact on this planet's biosphere?

As an analogy, the human heart beats roughly 100,000 times a day. It takes one odd heartbeat to indicate something is wrong.

[opinion] Declaring the changes currently happening to Earth, described as "global warming", to be a scam, is stunningly obtuse. [/opinion]

johnlear, as an aside, please make it clear who you are quoting in your responses. That will make the thread much easier to read.

All or some of this post may be only my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Your wrong about this one.The polar ice cap as a whole is shrinking.Average temperatures in the Arctic region are rising twice as fast as they are elsewhere in the world.Satellite images prove this, its been studied and documented by scientists all over the world.These are proven facts and not someones opinion.Yet still u dare to say that global warming is all a scam.

Thanks for your opinion on global warming. I''m sure that you must be aware that the incidents about the polar cap and statistics you provide span and are representative of less than 20 years in 5 billion? Hello? Hello? "Clueless?' It's for you.

Theres been enough scientific studies about global warming, its been proven yet many people (like you obviously) fail to admit this.Your opinion on this beiing a scam confirms your ignorance on that matter.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think its very dillusional to suggest us as humans aren't having any global effect on the planet. Over the last 100 years with the Industrial revolution we have done nothing but pollute the air, land and sea.

It's mother natures turn to bite back

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Global warming isn't happening because the same race thats repairing Mars is helping Earth.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Global warming isn't happening because the same race thats repairing Mars is helping Earth.

Really? Is that another one of those 'cost +', or 'no-bid' contracts?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It was to no surprise a cost + unfortunatly.
It cost a few helpless humans an anal probe

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join