It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You don't really mean to say we've only studied the Polar caps since 1986 do you?
Twenty years?
[my opinion]Next yer gonna say Admiral Byrd never made it to the pole.[/my opinion]

9LC

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Originally posted by 9LC
wait how do we know this is john lear posting on this board?

I was hoping that my avatar of me in the Lockheed CF-104D Starfighter might be a clue. Bob Lazar took the picture. Mark and Gretchen Sherman of Phoenix, AZ provided the airplane. Darryl Greenamyer checked me out. Mach 1.7 over the Arizona countryside. What a ride!

well it's very easy to take your pic and use it as an avatare, type your name in google and click on images and there is some pictures of you.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
You don't really mean to say we've only studied the Polar caps since 1986 do you?
Twenty years?

I thought when onbekend59 mentioned satellite images he was refering to the giant 'state' sized chunks breaking off the cap.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nice try, but you wrote we had only been studying the polar caps for 20 years. You didn't quote anyone else's post. That backpedal gear on yer bike seems stuck.
(btw if anyone has read Lears papers or books or heard his speeches at the UFO conferences then they would know.......)
Until you can prove to me you are indeed THE John Lear then you're persona non grata.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I look forward to hearing more from you on this subject and others....any other site, books etc that you could turn me on to ?

The best thread I have ever read on this subject and one I believe to be true on every aspect was the one "Sleeper" started on ATS and is now closed. The name of the thread was "Are Extraterrestrials Real? As Real as The Nose On Your Face." This thread was more informative, has more 'real information' than any book, article, magazine or site I've ever read or seen.
'

I would like to ask the moderators why this thread was closed? That would be very interesting. Please elaborate.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm not a Mod but the quick answer is read the thread for yourself.
It turned into a doodeefest and it was locked.
Aahh.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've read some of the thread, and it was interesting. But presently, I can't find it. It seems Mr. Leer is correct, it's unavailable to me. Can you show me a link to get to it? Or is it in fact gone?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Until you can prove to me you are indeed THE John Lear then you're persona non grata.

OK. You got me. I am the fake John Lear. The REAL John lear stands tall, a man among men. Handsome, a lady killer he is, slim and trim even at 64. Well read, well spoken. A diplomats diplomat. World traveler, comfortable sipping tea in a caravanserai in Kandahar as sipping coffee (masbut) downtown Sana'a. Can expound on the trials and tribulations of Omega navigation, simplify the mechanics of celestial navigation and detail GPS to the unwashed. An inveterate storyteller he will have you rolling in the aisles with his irreverant stories of flying for the CIA in Laos, his cattle run flying cows from Khartoum to feed the army in South Yemen. He would have you believe that he is the only pilot to have flown as captain, on the same day, in the same Boeing 707, a revenue flight for both El Al (Israels national airline) and Air Sinai (One of Egypts passenger airlines). Lear holds more Federal Aviation Adminstration issued airman certificates than any other airman. He is type rated in 23 aircraft and has flown over 100 different aircraft in over 50 different countries. Retired for 5 years now I am sure the REAL John Lear would not be trading barbs with the longhairedcowboy on ATS.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Let's straighten out one thing so everyone can stay on target with the rest, this is in fact "the John Lear" he claims to be. His IP is the same as the Guest Speaker we had here and I would never confuse that dry wit with anyone else, were I, anyone else.

Welcome back John, please carry on if you feel like it.

Re: Are UFO's Real? thread... "Longhaired Cowboy" got it right, it seems people can't act like grown ups all the time.

Springer...

[edit on 6-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
They Call Him "John"

Retired for 5 years now I am sure the REAL John Lear would not be trading barbs with the longhairedcowboy on ATS.

No, of course not.

That's Titor's job.

(Welcome back, John)

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximusX
I've read some of the thread, and it was interesting. But presently, I can't find it. It seems Mr. Leer is correct, it's unavailable to me. Can you show me a link to get to it? Or is it in fact gone?

Here you go,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

jra

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

My opinion is that Martians look identical to us but maybe a bit more barrel-chested.

In your opinion... which means what? Not trying to be offensive or insulting. But speculation about something that no one here has witnessed first hand is somewhat meaningless. In my opinion.

The current population of Mars is about 600 million. Most live underground. The pyramids seen at Cydonia are living quarters, close-up pictures show doors, windows etc.

If those are the same pyramids I remember looking at, they'd have to be the worst ones i've ever seen. Calling them a pyramid is a stretch.

Remember a few years back the Rover panels that got so dusty that the batteries wouldn't charge? And then a few weeks later came back to life? That was 'our' secret astronaut corps at work with some paper towels and Windex.

It was last year, not a few years ago. There is this interesting phenomena called "wind", it tends to cause small particles, like dust, to move.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by jra]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

OK. You got me. I am the fake John Lear. The REAL John lear stands tall, a man among men. Handsome, a lady killer he is, slim and trim even at 64. Well read, well spoken. A diplomats diplomat. World traveler, comfortable sipping tea in a caravanserai in Kandahar as sipping coffee (masbut) downtown Sana'a. Can expound on the trials and tribulations of Omega navigation, simplify the mechanics of celestial navigation and detail GPS to the unwashed. An inveterate storyteller he will have you rolling in the aisles with his irreverant stories of flying for the CIA in Laos, his cattle run flying cows from Khartoum to feed the army in South Yemen. He would have you believe that he is the only pilot to have flown as captain, on the same day, in the same Boeing 707, a revenue flight for both El Al (Israels national airline) and Air Sinai (One of Egypts passenger airlines). Lear holds more Federal Aviation Adminstration issued airman certificates than any other airman. He is type rated in 23 aircraft and has flown over 100 different aircraft in over 50 different countries. Retired for 5 years now I am sure the REAL John Lear would not be trading barbs with the longhairedcowboy on ATS.

...and modest too ...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I only have 1 question for Mr Lear, if he would be so kind ....

As the only pilot to hold all airman certificates issued by the FAA, including many world records and topped off by 19,000+ hours of flight time under your belt.
Did you personally ever see anything like a UFO or strange craft during your flight career?

If so, would you be so kind as to share them with us?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Mars is too small for any kind of life similar to us to develop. If life did start out there when the planet had a more temperate atmosphere then it would not have been anything like life on Earth. We are talking about two totally different ecologies here, with different evolutionary pressures. The human body is the result of the normal evolutionary compromises. Martians, if they existed, would be the result of DIFFERENT evolutionary compromises.
But all this is fruitless, because Mars is now sadly rather dead. The seas are gone, evaporated or frozen over. The atmosphere has thinned into pinkness. Vulcanology has ceased. So has any plate tectonics. The only Martians are now either fossils or microbes.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It seems rather far-fetched, but perhaps Mars rather then a old alien planet could perhaps be an anchestoral planet, where we as humans originated from?

Thus we colonised Earth due to the degredation of Mars (be it natural or through human interventation - as can be slowly be seen on Earth)

It's interesting to think that rather then seaching for alien life on mars, we possibly are simply studying and analysing our anchestors.

Thats enough day-dreaming for now

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hey Mr lear seems we are discussing aliens so whats your take on the whole project slurpo stuff.It ws the hottest post at ats with more than 5000+ replies.Ats said that it was fake but i really want to hear from your side.

Admin edit: We don't promote hoaxes with links to their sites.

[edit on 6-16-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
The atmosphere has thinned into pinkness.

Well your assumptions are valid provided you follow the official "party line". Since this is a conspiracy site, and I don't personally take everything NASA has fed us at face value, some say the Martian sky is actually blue - those Viking pics were doctored.

John himself says this on the first page of this thread. I'm totally with him on this one (my *opinion* of course).

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Did you personally ever see anything like a UFO or strange craft during your flight career? If so, would you be so kind as to share them with us?

2 times. One, descending into LAX, in a Lear Jet, over Banning Pass I saw what I thought was an M2-F2 (unpowered gliding vehicle) passing left to right about 1000 feet below. I even called the Chief Test Pilot of LJ after landing and told him what I saw. Only years later did I realize how ridiculous it was to see that craft in that airspace. The second was in a L-1011 at night, heading west. I saw a light traveling south to north and about 60 degrees to the horizon shoot straight up. I thought, wow, I wish the other guys could have seen that. Then it happened again. And a third time. I asked the FO and FE to watch and sure enough, it hapened again. Their comment: I never saw anyting like that.

The funniest story I ever heard though was a crew from the same airline headed west, east of Chicago, at night. ATC alterted them to FEDEX traffic at 12 o'clock, 2000 feet below, 12 miles. As they looked a bright light appeared, 12 o'clock headed straight towards them. Several miles away it streaked instantaneously to the north and disappeared headed to the north pole. A moments silence and the FO commented: Now there's something you don't see every day. (I guess you hadda be there.)

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
Mars is too small for any kind of life similar to us to develop. If life did start out there when the planet had a more temperate atmosphere then it would not have been anything like life on Earth. We are talking about two totally different ecologies here, with different evolutionary pressures. The human body is the result of the normal evolutionary compromises. Martians, if they existed, would be the result of DIFFERENT evolutionary compromises.
But all this is fruitless, because Mars is now sadly rather dead. The seas are gone, evaporated or frozen over. The atmosphere has thinned into pinkness. Vulcanology has ceased. So has any plate tectonics. The only Martians are now either fossils or microbes.

Thanks for the post Darkmind. That explains everything. Sorry to have disturbed you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join