It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300, The Movie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A bloody good film, or good bloody film depending on how you look at it

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I thought you guys might want to read this article:

Iran condemns Hollywood war epic

Really ? why did you think that? Probably you thought people actually care about what the idiotinadinnerjacket and Ayatollah crazies think ? Guess what, we dont. Never have, never will.

Next time they have their annual "death to America" parade, we in the US should scree the movie 300. Where 300 'free men' wiped to floor with the hordes of savages.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
300 got tore apart on the last South Park, it was pretty damn funny!

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Come on people! Was it really that graphic? I mean, really; When you decapitate someone, blood spurts for at least 3 feet! If you sever a hand, it shoots even farther! These guys should have been covered in blood after the first battle scene. Also, did you see anyone get disemboweled? NOPE! With that style of warfare, that is how most of them would die! There would be steaming entrails all over the battlefield! I think it should have been rated PG.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
IAF

Where 300 'free men' wiped to floor with the hordes of savages.

Not quite...

I know it's not meant to be a historical re-enactment, and Frank Miller can tell his stories however he wants, but if it was my story I would have shown the Spartan slaves (do a search for "battle of Thermopylae Helots") for context.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I know it's not meant to be a historical re-enactment, and Frank Miller can tell his stories however he wants, but if it was my story I would have shown the Spartan slaves (do a search for "battle of Thermopylae Helots") for context.

Good point. From the Spartan community there were more slaves than actual Spartans at the battle. Gates Of Fire and many other books depict and tell a more accurate story (if there is such a thing) of the battle and the role that slaves had in it.

[edit on 27/4/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I HATED! this movie so much. They say its an historical reinactement?
It's strange because I dont recall ever reading about big fat lobster looking men and 8feet tall monsters who dont seem to feel pain, and also the walking undead immortals.
Can someone please direct me towards the historical writings that contain these creatures? Not to mention they show the whole battle fought by only 300 soldiers and at the end its fought by 12 soldiers?
This is also completely WRONG...the director of this movie should stick to the over reacted sci fi movies he likes to make (wich also contain invicible MORTALS)

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobarto
I HATED! this movie so much. They say its an historical reinactement?

I'm not sure if your'e being sarcastic or not

Who said it was an historical reinactment?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That's how they advertised it over here. I dont get why it couldnt have just been like any other historical movie why did they need the monsters?
For me that ruined the movie.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobarto
That's how they advertised it over here. I dont get why it couldnt have just been like any other historical movie why did they need the monsters?
For me that ruined the movie.

Because it's not an historical movie and it's a movie based off a graphic novel (aka comic book for some people) that had monsters in it and used the basic plot from a famous battle that took place 2000 ago.

Take it for what it's worth.....an awesome war flick, nothing more.

Almost every trailor and a few of the movie posters showed monsters.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It didn't even touch the source material and completely missed the point of it, you of all people should know that.

Are you kidding?
Aside from all the narration and a few extra scenes, the movie was practically a direct translation of the comic. Some parts of the movie are exact panel for panel, word for word.
Frank Miller was executive producer of the movie. He wouldn't let anyone bastardize his work.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by John Nada
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It didn't even touch the source material and completely missed the point of it, you of all people should know that.

Are you kidding?
Aside from all the narration and a few extra scenes, the movie was practically a direct translation of the comic. Some parts of the movie are exact panel for panel, word for word.
Frank Miller was executive producer of the movie. He wouldn't let anyone bastardize his work.

Except Robocop 2

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i think the monsters where just a over dramatic recreation of some popular beliefs of that time. we are talking about mythology and all they did is make it seem like it actually did happen, not just in the minds in the text that we have to analyze left to us over time. there were some awesome quotes, and if you look further into it, they're even some more extreme quotes that have been inscribed about spartan and spartan life.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
300 was a horrible movie. It took so long to get the point sometimes, and they felt the need to show boobs cause the movie sucked that bad. Why was the King of the Persians gay? He walked feminine and acted feminine.

I give this movie a 1 on a scale from 1-10

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join