It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New interest in 'Jesus grave' in Kashmir, India.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Srinagar, 12 June (AKI/Asian Age) - The hypothesis that Jesus Christ is buried in central Srinagar, the summer capital of Indian-administered Kashmir, has aroused a lot of interest among historiographers, researchers, scholars, archaeologists and religious groups both in India and worldwide once again. A team of German researchers, including two archaeologists, is planning to visit Srinagar later this year to investigate the subject.

Within India, the political party known as the Janata Party has set up a group of experts from among its members which would be coming to Kashmir’s summer capital soon to start research work. The party’s president, Dr Subramanian Swamy, who was in Srinagar last week, said that after reading a booklet by a German he has a "feeling of curiosity" about Jesus Christ and Moses having visited Kashmir and in the belief that both had died and are buried in the Valley.

Muslims in Kashmir and elsewhere revere both Jesus and Moses as "noble prophets" of "Bani Israel" (Children of Israel), as the Koran makes a number of references to them. Swamy also pointed to the belief of many Kashmiris that they were one of the "Lost Tribes" of Israel.

Link to article

Another thread on the subject...

One has got to start feeling sorry for the church! First there is the theory of Jesus actually being married and sporting a kid, and now they are saying he didnt even die on the cross but went off to India!!! oh my, what to believe!!!

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It seems like it would be impossible to prove without DNA for comparison or any 'documented' deformities that could help to identify any body that may be found.

For turmoil, someone could just claim a body to be Jesus and reap the attention.

I'm sure with today's thinkers ( ...ahemm **DaVinci Code ** cough,cough**) there would be number of people who would believe it hands down, with no more than speculation as proof.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
It seems like it would be impossible to prove without DNA for comparison or any 'documented' deformities that could help to identify any body that may be found.

what if there's a gravestone that reads:

Here's Lies Joshua, A Carpenter's Son
He Died for your sins, but had lots of fun.
On the Cross did he lie
He is here, don't ask why.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thats funny. I wish I remember where I saw the documentry, probably national geographic or sumthin, but there was some interesting pointers made about the connection between jesus and this tomb in kashmir. Arrr...my memory..

This is jesus's tomb,
born pure from mary's womb,
he married and had child,
and then wondered off into the wild.

oh man, hope i dont go to hell.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The New Testament is pretty clear that Jesus "conveniently" ascended to Heaven. Flew up to Heaven, like Superman, I guess. So if you buy into the notion that Jesus was a real person (and there's no evidence to support that he was) there's no use looking for his grave or tomb or anything like that. And if you do seek out his grave, you're nothing but a filthy heathen who will burn in everlasting hellfire.

Just thought I'd mention it.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
you're nothing but a filthy heathen who will burn in everlasting hellfire.

Great to see Christians out there "spreading the love".

I find it odd that Jesus would run off to India yet his disciples would remain in the Mediterranean area. Why wouldn't they follow and help him out wherever he went. They claim to have seen him ascend. That's quite a parlor trick for a time when there was no such thing as lighter than air craft.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I thought he was buried in Japan

I thought he wasn't buried at all

As stated, there's no way of ever proving that a body is his. That said, let's say he was found and it was proven, without a doubt, that it was Jesus. What then? Do the followers around the world have to rewrite that whole ascending to heaven thing? Does someone have to write a new chapter to the Bible, detailing what happened after he ascended to heaven?

I wonder who gets to write that one.

On a side note, if you want a really good laugh, check out Lamb by Christopher Moore. The gospels according to Biff, Jesus' childhood pal. The book details Jesus' childhood life. It's hysterical.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The kashmiri site is said to be a grave for jesus because there is a mark on the floor that supposedly looks like two footprints with 'scars' in them that would be from the crucifixtion, and because the person buried there is supposed to be holy and nice.

Exactly how a person is able to make footprints in solid rock is another question.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
They are carved drawings of footprints.

some great videos on it.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

To quote the main character from the movie "The Man From Earth" *check it out if you get a chance, good movie* "And thus I ascended to nothern Europe to get as far away from my followers as possible." Perhaps it was India instead?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

It is hardened mud?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The book " The Mystical Life Of Jesus" by Sylvia Browne is the most accurate IMO. They could compare the blood on the Sudarium, anything found in the Tomb of Kashmir, and the blood found by Ron Wyatt on the Ark of the Covenant.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Jesus had nothing to do with the Ark of the Covenant. What are you going on about?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

what if there's a gravestone that reads:

Here's Lies Joshua, A Carpenter's Son
He Died for your sins, but had lots of fun.
On the Cross did he lie
He is here, don't ask why.

You get a star for being funny.

There are more stories of Jesus' final resting place than there are Christian denominations.

My favorite is the Shingo Village story:

But not a single one of them is Christian, not even his supposed
descendant, Toyoji Sawaguchi, whose farm contains a mound topped with a tall wooden cross, said to be Christ's tomb.

Jesus is more like Paul Bunyan the deeper i look into it. The "historical Jesus" was everywhere....at the same time.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Groingrinder, If you look at Ron Wyatt's videos, he supposedly found the Ark of the Covenant or was led to it in 1982. He found it about 40 ft. under a crucifixion site, in a cave. It's near the Garden tomb. He found ancient blood on the ark, that had dripped down through an earthquake crack and had it analyzed. He thinks it's Jesus's blood and it's very unusual. They re-hydrated it and it is still alive. That's the basic story, you can read the rest for yourself.
I'm not saying I beleive all of Wyatt's discoveries but I do believe this one.

Here's some videos on it.
This first one was taken before the most recent excavations.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Sargoth]

new topics

top topics

join