It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New face for al Qaeda in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
source

Seems like a replacement for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been named. Egyptian-born Abu Ayyub al-Masri has been named by the US military as the next leader of al Qaeda. That was quick, wonder if they appointed him, or just made it up.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The U.S. military on Thursday revealed for the first time a photo of the man said to be the new leader of al Qaeda in Iraq.

It said the picture showed Egyptian-born Abu Ayyub al-Masri, believed to have taken over the terror network after the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi last week.

Caldwell defended the military's release of al-Masri's photograph, saying that "a lot of discussion" occurred on senior levels about whether to release it and "our intent is not to glorify him or make him more important."

Ox

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Damn, beat again.. Oh well..
Does it seem strange that Bush was there yesterday and now there is a new face of Terror.. ?? Hmm? And this guy makes a few threatening statements on a website and vows to avenge the death of Zarqawi and all of a sudden he's the new face of terrorism? That seems a little odd.. Are they just pointing the finger? Or appointing him?
This just perpetuates the "War on Terror" and I'm sure there will be new attacks and a new insurgency that will be worse than the last which Bush will use to his advantage to close all borders and dictate the U.S. into a worse state than he already has..

New Face

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Ox]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Damn, beat again.. Oh well..
Does it seem strange that Bush was there yesterday and now there is a new face of Terror.. ?? Hmm? This just perpetuates the "War on Terror" and I'm sure there will be new attacks and a new insurgency that will be worse than the last which Bush will use to his advantage to close all borders and dictate the U.S. into a worse state than he already has..

New Face

'New attacks' you said , you mean outside Iraq ?

Ox

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
When I said "new attacks and a new insurgency" I meant within Iraq? I'm just assuming.. I dont know.. I'm not a terrorist. I'm guessing.. that would fit Bush's little war on terror scheme

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
When I said "new attacks and a new insurgency" I meant within Iraq? I'm just assuming.. I dont know.. I'm not a terrorist. I'm guessing.. that would fit Bush's little war on terror scheme

I shouldn't call it a little war , i hope you realize Bush isn't 'conquering' the Middle-East only for oil. He's creating a 'wall' around China before that country reaches his status of superpower , a second cold war is coming.
Anyway , you also can be as good as certain there will be an attack in the US itself...

Ox

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You're acting like Bush is smart and he's got a plan for a counter attack if China attacks first... Well.. if that's the case and China attacks the troops in Iraq.. then Iraq will become the second largest populated Chinese province in the world.. China boasts it can place 1,000,000 ground troops anywhere in the world in 24 hours... But this isnt about china. .

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its not (yet) about China , you're right
Well its easy to say 'Bush is dump' or something like that.
Well , if you think that the Bush Administration is guilty to 9/11 you already have an evidence he isn't that dump he seems.
Together with the PNAC-Members he has now the power to attack countries for some oil and extra's , and in the eyes of the world , he's fighting terrorism.
You're still convinced Bush is dump ?

Ox

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Bush is dumb.. yeah I believe that.. and in the eyes of the world he's creating terrorism not fighting it..
As somewhat shown in the following link..

Global Survery Thread

The man is just a face, Others are the masterminds.. he's just the delivery boy

Ox

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I just wanted to touch on this again.. Since Zarqawi's death and this new "Face of Al Qaeda" has been ..erm.. reported? shown? Appointed? There has be ZERO.. mention of him in any media...A bit odd dont you think? For someone who is the "head of a major terrorist cell"

top topics

join