It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators overwhelmingly approve $94.5 billion in emergency funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
source

My, oh my, how expensive is this "war" getting. Another $66 billion for overseas military operations. Total is for now $320 billion for Iraq and $89 billion for Afghanistan. Just wonder if this money couldn't be better spent on say...alternate energy, health care, education...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate sent President Bush an emergency spending bill Thursday meeting his funding requests for America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and aid to Gulf Coast hurricane victims.
The 98-1 vote on the $94.5 billion House-Senate compromise legislation gave much-needed funds to support U.S. troops overseas. Most of the money — $66 billion — goes to the Pentagon for military operations overseas.

Bush has said he will sign the bill into law.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And then you have US Military training facilities for Medics that can't even pay their electric bills.

Medical care for the soldiers isn't important, they are just meat for the grinder, the grinder that eats half a billion per day ...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I’m curious.
How much more money is being put towards homeland disaster relief?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I’m curious.
How much more money is being put towards homeland disaster relief?

According to this source, $3.7 billion for flood control in Louisiana and $2.3 billion to battle avian flu and a few more pet projects

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by valkeryie]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Since the US is at War, it must provide the monies necessary to fight it. Are you suggesting we shouldn't be at war, or that we shouldnt' fund it properly?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Since the US is at War, it must provide the monies necessary to fight it. Are you suggesting we shouldn't be at war, or that we shouldnt' fund it properly?

Well, I am suggesting that the USA souldn't be at "war". Not much being accomplished at all but wasted lives and money. But if you are going to be at "war" of course you have to fund it properly. Just that this money could have been WAY better spent.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If the government wanted to improve education and health care, they would.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glooper23
If the government wanted to improve education and health care, they would.

Collateral statement: they don't want to.

Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How much is to be given so inner city people can live high off the hog.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
How much is to be given so inner city people can live high off the hog.

I agree, and unfortunately it's the corporate/contractor(military and non-military)/country club-jetset group that's raking it in by the boatload, at record numbers - also, at the taxpayers expense. How fast can you say FORMER SOVIET UNION?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
$320 billion for Iraq and $89 billion for Afghanistan
Man that could have paid for a manned Mars mission with money left over for a Moon base. I dont know about everyone eles but I would rather have my tax dollars go to that then Iraq or Afghanistan.

Forget just dumping that money into Welfare and Education IMO throwing more money at those is clearly not the answer. On public education we spend more on it per student then countries that clean our clocks when it comes to testing. Something is broken in that system and throwing more money is not the answer.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow... now where does this money actually go? Anyone have a list of the, say top 10 benifactors of this money, ie the companies that are making the most from the war contracts? I would also like to see how many of the guys in power have links to these companies as well...

That is a hell of a lot of money, do any other companies (apart from the US military / industrial complex) make that much money per year??? Does the administration expect a return on this investment apart from warm fuzzy feelings about freeing the Iraqis from evil Sadam and his invisible weapons of mass destruction...

Bush running dogs say what you want, but in the end the theivery is in plain view... or are we too enamored with the presidents new clothes???

-SW

top topics

join