It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel versus DC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Marvel characters were too angst-ridden.

DC characters were men and women of steel, who would crap all over them in one-on-one encounters.

Except for Superman. He was a wimp, once you got out your kryptonite.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Marvel characters are REAL interms of problems intheir lives. DC characters, but for Batman, were/are corny.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
all i know is
Omega Red is the bomb on Marvel vs Capcom!

not sure if it's 2 or 3... i use to work at an arcarde and they had it!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Disagreed with MaskedAvatar!

I like my heros flawed, it humanizes them. DC titles that I really liked: "Specter" & "Kingdom Come" & most in the Vertigo line.
But on comics in general, I abhor the on going story format - I like one shot stories that build, as opposed to waiting month to month.

Favorite artist: Ross

Favorite writer: Miller

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
BT

MA's frank confession time.

This Topic got posted at a time when we were digging around the BTS Forums, before they were announced.

I wanted to say something comic-related, and my two line post is playing devil's advocate.

I really think most of the DC characters are completely unidimensional, offering nothing to the reader at all. Especially Superman.

But, I liked some of the comic twists and turns of the DC universe of the 50s and 60s, which were in some respect a precursor to the angst-ridden Marvel under Mr Lieber's direction.

We are not all that disagreed BT...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
HEY HEY HEY!!!!

Whats wrong with Superman?!!!!

Just jk. Superman was the first comic hero I ever discovered. I was like 3 years old the first time I ever saw Superman and I thought he was the greatest thing ever.

I could be 475 years old and I'll still like Superman!!
Oh and Batman too!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'd have to say that my favorite is Batman...Because he represents how a person with the drive & motivation can make the most of himself. He's got flaws, sure, but that's what makes him as human as the average joe on the street. The appeal he holds for me is that a person's mind is their most potent weapon if they have the drive to make the most of it.

P.S. I also like the fact that, in DC vs. Marvel that Batman kicked Capt. America's @$$...

BTW, this is the main reason (though not the *only* reason) that I frequent ATS...Feeding the mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I didn't want to comment but, I have too. I've been collecting comics since I was 7. Based on my observation Marvel is way better than DC. DC does have Batman, the greatest detective in the world, and that's it. If Spiderman and Batman fought Spidey would win, but if they had a rematch Batman would figure out how to beat him. He's the only one that has a chance against anyone at Marvel. All of the other characters in the DC universe have uninspired stories and personalities. Marvel on the other hand, has great characters and stories.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Marvel characters are REAL interms of problems intheir lives. DC characters, but for Batman, were/are corny.

for once i agree with you. but batman is nothing without his belt.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Dont read comics but there was 1 character or 2 i liked
they were Aquaman and Iceman(i think that was his name) i dunno why i liked Aquaman did he have any cool superpowers?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Dont read comics but there was 1 character or 2 i liked
they were Aquaman and Iceman(i think that was his name) i dunno why i liked Aquaman did he have any cool superpowers?

He could talk to fish and swim real good. Oh and, breathing underwater. That's it.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So not many superpowers then?!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I would probably have to back the JLA against the Avengers.

I suppose that might have happened some time, but I missed it.

Anyone see it?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I always like the Marvel characters for their "edginess" and I liked the Marvel style of artwork and lettering better too. My favorite characters were "Dr. Strange" and "Thor". BY THE HAIRY TITTIES OF THE GODS, SO SHALL IT BE!!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If you were Superman...don't you think you'd switch to lead undies, and go around collecting every piece of Kryptonite, and then hurl it into the sun? I know I would....

Not to mention...without Kryptonite factored in, he could pretty much wipe the floor with any other character (as he's grossly unbalanced power-wise...)

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If you were Superman...don't you think you'd switch to lead undies, and go around collecting every piece of Kryptonite, and then hurl it into the sun? I know I would....

Not to mention...without Kryptonite factored in, he could pretty much wipe the floor with any other character (as he's grossly unbalanced power-wise...)

super man isnt that smart though

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Already been done.

Jay

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have been collecting and reading comics since oh probally somewhere around 1987 or so. I like Marvel alot more then Dc. But then again when Image comics came out DC kinda moved to third on the list. But over all i have to say some off the best comic story lines i have read have to deal with Wolverine. I can''t remember what year it was but they started to go into more of his backround, and him searching for answers.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay. But over all i have to say some off the best comic story lines i have read have to deal with Wolverine. I can''t remember what year it was but they started to go into more of his backround, and him searching for answers.

Bingo...Wolverine is unbeatable...do you think Batman could possibly win against THIS?!!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I love comics and have collected them since I was 7.I love Marvel comics more than DC comics because the heroes in Marvel face more problems(mutants) than the ones in DC.DC has some good comics out right now like the new Aquaman series.Also does anyone else notice theres more aliens in DC than Marvel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join