It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hahaha america - the movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
www.atomfilms.com...

www.hahahaamerica.com

Ha Ha Ha America
United States | 16:30 | JD Ligon

Credits
Director: JD Ligon
Producer: Adam Lau

Festival Screenings
Official Selection, Sundance Film Festival
Official Selection, Sonoma Film Festival
Official Selection, Martha's Vineyard Film Festival

it appears to be some chinese propaganda film synched up to some super cheesy electro beats. still, food for thought.

love the engrish.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
LOL!

China giant blooming
like Lady Detectives
with Swollen Testicles

Be most curious America
China Communist Revolution
Flow over World
Like Business Tsunami
While you Pants down
In Oily Desert.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
albeit a humorous video... I would not consider this a laughing matter.

China is rising.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow...
thanks to whoever made that film... it says it so well...
American leaders have sold us out to China for so long, that even the Chinese people want to make us aware of it...
Because they also are dealing with corruption...
the makers of this film, may come across smug, but they are also doing us a favor...

You have to watch it all, the first five minutes just come across hateful, but they are being sarcastic... not hateful...

actually, China is dying the same way that America is... (in its spirit)
but it is also being reborn... as a world acceptable country.

America is kinda going the other way... the things that make this country worth fighting for, its values and freedoms, are being taken away...

While China is expanding, it is also falling victim to the price of that expansion... it is being less controlled, and more relaxed in its government. It has to....
True democracy, and capitalism have started to take shape in the Communist nation,

As Russia can attest, once started, captialism cannot be put back into the bottle...
no matter how many Communists sit on the cork...

I have hopes that the Chinese have the same wish for freedom, and security, as well as financial gain... the bug has bit them, and the itch will be scratched.
This will make the China of tommorow, much like the America of yesterday...
I just wish all the cultural baiting wouldn't take place...
We need to be happy for our Chinese brothers and sisters, that they are attaining the vision of a progressive and advanced nation.
And hopefully (as in Hong Kong), the communist aspect will fall by the wayside out of neccessity.

I do see a future where Tiawan will voluntarily join back to a strong and free china...
gotta get the strong and free china first though...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
China is that the best you have? Why did every shot shown of locations in China look like a total dump? No offense, but I’ll be damned if it’s not true. Not to mention that I have been there and it’s a hell hole. If you’re trying to shine at least do it right. If I had a guess, China will eventually fall flat on its face; they are building on a faulty foundation (metaphorically speaking). The American dream is not just based here in America, if America died today, it would be born again tomorrow. It’s in grained in the “World” culture. By this point, there is a little American in everyone. Like it or not…

Knowing many of my fellow Americans I can testify they would be more than willing to fight (to the death) for the sake of their Families and Freedoms. Our leaders are one thing but, mess with the American public and your ass is grass. I’d pity the fools that would dare try. Remember, the Sleeping Giant does not represent our Government, but the American people. Push and taunt all you want but, be warned it will bite back.

All in all, best of luck to China. Keep it cool and nobody will get hurt.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Marz]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
lol, this is a thread about China and you used the term 'Sleeping Dragon' to describe America.

As for China being a "dump" and a "hell hole".... think about the population. How dirty is NYC?
and as the video said, the populations aren't even close.

let's all try to stay open minded here.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
lol, this is a thread about China and you used the term 'Sleeping Dragon' to describe America.

That is exactly what the Japanese called America, circa the bombing of Pearl Harbor. So that term should come as no surprise. Are you telling me Dragon myths are only proprietary to China? If so, think again.

Originally posted by fattyp

As for China being a "dump" and a "hell hole".... think about the population. How dirty is NYC?
and as the video said, the populations aren't even close.

let's all try to stay open minded here.

If I was trying to make a US propaganda film, I would at least depict areas that are relatively nice. They did everything, but that...

And the one picture they showed constantly of the fat American. Come on, they must have never been to California, Florida, etc... It's almost unfair to have so many fine females running around. And for the females, there are tons of fine looking chaps roaming the States, six packs (not beer) and all.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just to clarify:

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto.

He didn't really say it. Not in a quoteable form. But it supposedly summed up his feelings about things. And was a quote from a movie Tora Tora.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
^^

I stand corrected it is the "Sleeping Giant". Thanks for the correction.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You hear a lot of China’s mass population. I do not give that much clout. In a World with WMD a countries population is irrelevant. The only difference is the quantity of deaths in an allotted area. New School warfare tactics are a different ball game.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think China will have the largest economy in maybe 20 years, but the standard of living on average person will not be even close to Americas.

China will have to be in our position of having to inovate and not manufacture things, when India wakes up as the sleeping tiger. Are they up to the challenge. I really think not. When Chinas wages go up, India will be more attractive to the worlds capital investment. India has just about as many people as China, and the more universial English language. China ascent as the wolrd's top enoncomy for GDP will not last as India will take that spot.

You can laugh at the US all you want, but people want to live here more than any other country in the world.

We even adopt many girl babies from China, since China does not value them more than boys. This inbalance of the sexes will cause some social problems as boys will out number girls. Who will they marry?

I think I read several places that 40 million Chinese men will have to be bachelors because of the shortfall of women. Guess what in the USA we will be having marital relations with our wives, while you have to download smut all by yourself. Then who will be laughing!

Several links for you to look over.....
China's 1 Child Law

MSN article

New Zealand article

They say pretty much the same thing. Now that is going to be funny! Since you were trying to be all smug and stick it to the USA. I would rather have the future #2 economy and a wife then #1 future economy of China and and be all alone.

Now that is the real movie that should be on that site. Maybe we should make one!

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sbob]

top topics

join