It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ufo pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I caught this thing in new york a couple a days ago
i was taking a picture of a broadway signpost for the nostalga you might say when this little thing apperd it stayed motion less for a while and i pionted it out to my sister but she said it was just a bird,somthing whitch is impossibke since i dont think any bird that nests in manhatten can hover for about 2 minets ,finaly it disapred i dunno what direction in went in tho i looked away looked back and poof it was gone ...so any idea's......?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
At first I thought you meant the streetlight and I was thinkin' "wtf???".

Can you crop and enlarge a bit?

I blew it up a bit in Photoshop. It looks cylindrical, darker on top than bottom. Definitely odd.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
A speck of dust? A fly? A person falling from the sky and screaming to his or her death?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Above: Zoomed-in Version

It's definately a UFO - Unidentified Flying Object - but I'm not sure if it's alien or manmade. I've never seen an aircraft that shape before.

Above: Zoomed-in Negative (Inverted) Version

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
No way was that a spec of dust, i saw it with my own 2 eyes and il enlarge later cause iam leaving right now il be back in like......4 hours mabye depends how wasted iam,lol

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't think its dust on the lens. It appears to be in the distance and an actual artifact. I don't know about the shape. Some hot air balloons are created in special shapes for marketing purposes but this is just to indistinct.

I do not think it is a bird.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
maybe it was a dead turkey vulture falling off the shuttles windscreen!!

I miss good old pics for zooming. it gets too pixellated to zoom in

Odd shape tho. Weird

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The negative (inverted) picture looks like a lion's head!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If it was there for two minutes why did you only take one photo?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The closest shape comparison i can find is one of these..

you,re in trouble..

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It looks like the underside of a helicopter, perhaps it was climbing through the air when you took the photo

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
it kinda looks like a space suit!

how about one of those new bat parachute things?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That's an odd one, all right. A little like a flying trashcan. I think that it's probably a box kite of some kind. Is this location near a large park?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The thing is 3 pixels across and 5 pixels high, there is no way to make out what the heck it was if there was anything in the first place.

So with the lack of a better image we're only left with your word and that combined with the influx of hoaxers we've had lately, showing equaly worthless images with the same type of stories, I'm afraid there's no point in continuing any discussion about this.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsteve
It looks like the underside of a helicopter, perhaps it was climbing through the air when you took the photo

Thats highly possible. If he was looking towards the west side where a lot of Helipads are then it could be highly probably. Definitly not a turkey vulture. The biggest thing we may have is Peregrin Falcons LOL

Pie

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
well lemme think , i ahve a pic of the sign post i was taking a picture off in the first place and it is pionting....ok i dunno cause iam not a master on american sign posts but this si it...

now were the object is in realation to this is....the upper left hand so if the top of the pic was north the ufo would be north west,get me?

9LC

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
your pic looks like a ufo pod i saw a show on the discovery channel about them they are ufo's that stays in place and moves a little some times it stays stationary for hours and there are some reports of them just dissapearing.

here

ufovideo.net...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think what you're referring to are surveillance UAVs. Unmanned platforms, some of them less than a foot tall, that can hover for long periods of time relatively unnoticed.

Maybe something like this...

... that has a helicopter rotor system and can pack a swivel camera underneath.

top topics

join